TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureYour Other Culture (in school)

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Ontario
Your Other Culture (in school)
May 6, 2004

Greetings all!
When asked about culture, a lot of people think of their religion, background, race etc. But according to my geography teacher, culture is a way of life. That would include the music you listen to, clothes you wear, and your social group in school too (there's gotta be more but I can't think of anything at this moment.) So, I would like t know if you are treated differently in your school because of the afore mentioned things.
To start things off, I listen to rock and I wear black, black, black, silver spikes, silver other various types of chains, necklaces and stuff. I am then labelled as a Goth and a devil worshipper and accused of doing witchcraft. What the-? I'm treated differently because of my clothes and music choices.
Your turn now: reply and vent.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile phreakxbyxchoice PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
bkrazy

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 28
City: Toronto
Re: Your Other Culture (in school)
May 6, 2004

I think that people judge people differently based on how they were raise. Some people still thinks that girls should do household chores. Depending on the surrounding you were brought up, they way you judge people is different. Like the example you said about rockers wearing black,have chains etc... We're assuming that all rockers wear that and we think they are freaks. I don't think anyone of us is actually normal. If you think people aren't like you and you think you are normal,define "normal".

Member Profile b-krazy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shannon

Gender & Age: Female, 27
May 6, 2004

Poor amy *pat pat* i hate whern people are like "oh are you a rocker" just because i wear some black clothing. Seriously its just weird. Besides its just a dumb label, it should be easy to ignore yet its not.Its so annoying how people judge you just by the clothes you wear. Its really stupid

Member Profile devils-angel666 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
>=)

Poster Rank:

May 6, 2004

Yes I hate it when people do those types of things. Seriously, it's just wrong to label someone because of the things they wear or do. I have not encountered such because I have my own weird style that no one seems to pick on or make fun of. Speaking about who smells, that's me! HAHAHHAHAHA

Member Profile terror-diablo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
phreakxbyxchoice

May 17, 2004

Actually Brit, I was talking about in school (it says so in the thread title!). I'm just bumping this thread up, so anyone who reads this, please reply! I need information for my project!

Member Profile phreakxbyxchoice PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Anosha

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

May 17, 2004

Hey!! I strongly agree with what everybody said. When somebody sees someone wearing clothes that's not so called "popular clothes", their treated differently. Does it matter what people wear? Well, obviously in the world we're in know, it does. If we all wore the same clothes everyday, then what would be unique about every indivisual? I think everybody should have the right to wear what they want and not be made fun of. This would also include what people listen etc.Everybody has the righ to do what they want!!

Member Profile littleangel10 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Chilli Lokito

Gender & Age: Female, 30
Province/State: Western Australia
City: Perth
May 18, 2004

Culture, in general definition, i reckon, is a way of life. If you're small eyes, short, black hair, and eat with choptick, ppl would definitely mention 'Asian origin'. but what about me? I'm small, black hair (well i dyed it yellow), and eat with fork. What is my culture? My way of life is Westernish but my original way of life is Chinese.

I think culture is something very widely described. BEtter not to be too sensitive if people call you Goth ey, coz they don't even know what you are really, they dont even understand the term 'culture'.

i'm weird at my Australian school coz i wear high socks and colorful clothes, two ponitails, and all that. hey i dont mind being called 'odd one'.
being different is not easy, and i agree, yes, we are unique. it's up to them to say everythin they want as long as i know im not a bad person!!

Member Profile ChiLLiSauce PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gameonline

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Uttar Pradesh
City: Meerut
game online
Oct 9, 2017

Friends i am here this web site, and papa cooking games had been played in environment in 1985, guys this is very famous amazing game, papa games online are available online here visit papa games hello, players this is right time for you, go on this portal, and win more different version papa game on this site.

Member Profile gameonline PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM