FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female & 49
Province/State: Manitoba
City: Winnipeg
IT Education in Rural Areas
Feb 20, 2002

One of the member organizations of the Global Knowledge Partnership is looking for information for a project they are doing on information technology for children and young people in rural areas of Bangladesh.

Let's use this forum to brainstorm. I will summarize the ideas/resources and email them to BRAC and the GKP next week.

Many thanks,
Terri

------------------------------------
As Programme Coordinator of BRAC Continuing Education Programme in Bangladesh (http://www.brac.net/), I am heading a UNICEF-funded pilot project on IT for Children and Adolescents through BRAC's rural libraries. I am interested in learning about other individuals and organizations in developing countries that are attempting IT education in a rural context. We are presently developing software for children and would like to sample the kind being used by other NGOs/institutions as well. We would also be interested in any reports documenting lessons learnt in this field.

Support in terms of contact names of other relevant organisations doing this work in a rural developing context, software, and lessons learnt are the main references we are seeking at this time.

Sincerely,

Safiqul Islam
Continuing Education
BRAC, Bangladesh
safiqul@bdmail.net

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile taikod PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Martin Kuplens-Ewart

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
More details?
Feb 20, 2002

I think it would be helpful, and perhaps conducive to discussion, if we could get some more information regarding the *type* of software that they are looking into developing... "Software" as a blanket statement just doesn't give much to work with, i'm afraid...

Member Profile martin83 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Terri Willard

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female, 49
Province/State: Manitoba
City: Winnipeg
Holding pattern
Feb 20, 2002

I agree, Martin. I have emailed BRAC seeking more details on the programme. I'll post more (tomorrow?) when I hear back from them on exactly what kind of IT education they are aiming to provide and how software development fits into that.

Member Profile taikod PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM