TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesTechnologyHave you say in Nigeria Aviation system

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Have you say in Nigeria Aviation system
Oct 29, 2006

What do you think of Nigerian aviation system compared with other African countries.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile plato123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MOHAMMED ALIYU PAIKO

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 52
Province/State: Pulau Pinang
City: Penang
Re: Have you say in Nigeria Aviation system
Oct 30, 2006

Well, since the political system in Nigeria is currently witnessing a record of "impeachments" and "state of emergencies" to save our nascent democracy, I think its high time that Obasanjo declared an "urgent state of emergency" on our aviation system to avert further loss of lives of the Nigerian Citizenry!
Bad roads for car and bus travels, failed railway system for rail travels, dangerous creeks and seas for water travels and to make matters worse, air mishaps now and again? All the presidential retreats on avation with the stake holders in attendance have yielded no fruits except talk and more talk that is getting us nowhere except the loss of more lives, Haba!
As it is now, I am even afraid to travel on a bicycle for fear of what lays just 2kms away, so I advice that Nigerians should be prepared for a change from air, sea and road travels to journeys on FOOT by DAY LIGHT! If not, how else is one supposed to travel in this country and feel 50% secure and 30% satisfied with the services our transport operators have to offer?
I think we have spent a whole lot of time (and resources for that matter!) discussing what ought to have been done right and what ought not have been done and Nigerians are still dieing from the same cause. I believe it is time for REAL SANCTIONS!
Make a scape goat of ADC, investigate this last plane crash thouroughly, close down the air line if we have to making the culprits pay heavily and ensure that laid down procedure are being followed to the later!
Until we make enforcement of regulations work in Nigeria, until we punish culprits who have nothing on their minds except how much they can extort from the innocent people, until we are keen on doing what is right, I am afraid the death toll will continue, the plane crashes will continue until one day (Allah forbids, but it could happen!) THE PRESIDENTIAL JET itself crashes! I wonder what kind of retreat would be held when it happens to look at the issue, presidential?

Member Profile moleepaiko PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
olaoluwa

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Lagos
City: Suru Lere
Nov 4, 2006

it's not only the aviation industry in nigeria that needs help.the whole transport system in nigeria needs to be revisited.can u imagine,one of the roads that links the southwest to the south-south is in a dilapidated state.speaking of plane crashes,i believe it should be investigated thoroughly.there's more to what we see.

Member Profile blackracle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Owulezi

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Dec 6, 2006

Regards to the spoiled road heading to the East, I thaught there is SMALL sign of renovation or I'm I mistaken??nerdy

Member Profile plato123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
olaoluwa

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Lagos
City: Suru Lere
Jan 2, 2007

some part such as the ogun state part has been fixed.don't know if the other ends have been fixed now.big grin

Member Profile blackracle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM