You and The Internet
Oct 25, 2004

Hello to all TIGers(friends and acquaintances),

i'm in need of your help. i've got an investigative article to write on:
the components of the internet:
-that is cyber chatting,
-the concept of people meeting online,
-cyber dating,
-interactive communication sites like TIG which integrate people of all races,sex and nationality.
- How trustworthy are the people behind the profiles, the emails, the message boards?
- just tell me about your personal experiences, negative and positive, risks, general thoughts...
Kindly allow me to quote you freely in my article.
- Another aspect i'm interested in is; the revolution of the internet and its usage on the african continent over the last 10 years especially for the youth, what can my fellow africans say and lastly anything else that you think might be helpful to me. please folks Sandy's counting on you. I'll appreciate all feedback.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sandy1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
'Gbenga Sesan

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 40
Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
On Sandy's Research...
Oct 25, 2004

Hello Sandy,

Just saw your post title and thought I should check it out. I wouldn't know how useful these 3 URLs would be for you. Please explore:

www.gbengasesan.com/papers.htm
www.gbengasesan.com/resources.htm
www.itrainonline.com

Cheers,

Member Profile gbengasesan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sandra Musonda

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Re: You and The Internet
Oct 26, 2004

Thanx Gbengasesan for the URLs they weren't exactly what i was looking for but i found a bit of information that i could use from your article "Beyond eMail"

Cicero

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Oct 26, 2004

Originally posted by sandy1
Hello to all TIGers(friends and acquaintances),

i'm in need of your help. i've got an investigative article to write on:
the components of the internet:
-that is cyber chatting,
-cyber dating,
-interactive communication sites like TIG which integrate people of all races,sex and nationality.
- How trustworthy are the people behind the profiles, the emails, the message boards?
- just tell me about your personal experiences, negative and positive, risks, general thoughts...
- Another aspect i'm interested in is; the revolution of the internet and its usage on the african continent over the last 10 years especially for the youth, what can my fellow africans say and lastly anything else that you think might be helpful to me. please folks Sandy's counting on you. I'll appreciate all feedback.

A 1: Cyber chatting is cool way to pass time, especially if you have good humor skills (as i do) then it may lead even to meeting people offline. But it also makes easier for people that hate eachother to get closer as well.

A 2: But it also makes easier for people that hate eachother to get closer as well !!!! Thats negative effect of making converstation more avaiable.

A 3: Cyber dating ? (A BIG NOOOO HERE) Especially for women thats dangerous thing - guys lie about everything, and those that dont are already taken. If you get into that, i propose having company of a trusted (muscled up) person with you to protect from possible danger pending.

A 4: Sites like TIG are top of the class, as they connect people with great potentials from whole globe into one group. And that was previously, before internet impossible. Good effects from that are still to be found out.

A 5: Trust? Rather base your actions throught positive experience only. Profiles are a joke. Internet take on everything. ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO PERSONAL INTERESTS IN THE RELATION WILL PLAY IT FAIR HERE ! (and read up the previous A's)

A 6: My personal experience is positive (not that i followed the way described in previous A's. And i have less personal interests in relations as others may have etc..) I often begin relations through the net with what i call "PUBLIC RELATIONS REQUIREMENTS", basic kindness and polite talk to see what reply the second party will have. Of course i never reveal my residence information etc.. I dont plan to meet people i talk to online in real world at lest not anytime soon. Not my habit.

You are free to quote me as you wish, further information on my and preferances you find in my extensive profile. Thank you!

SL Katulus

Ave Futuria

Member Profile Katulus PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Charles

Oct 26, 2004

DearSandy!
I am writing this in response to the above article,well,first of all,we must know about human behaviour,internet or not,anyone who is and has been diabolic,mischievous,good and honest,will still be the same character,internet or not,having said this,it is the responsibility of individuals surfing the net,to know what they actually wanted,how to go about it,be it online dating or what ever,everything that has a beginning,has an end,the only loss might be when we try to unmask the identity of people whom we met online or verify and confirm what they have been saying to us,this becomes sometimes difficult and time wasting,because of Geography and travel costs and restrictions,people send out other peoples pictures,and conceal their age and physical attributes and other facts about themselves in their profiles,so sometimes,in my own experience,i prefer long chatting,where we ask instant questions,it becomes difficult for parties chatting to give already made answers without blabbing or conflicts with what the persons profiel say,so this is the beginning of the unmasking of cheating hearts and lying mouths,all we need to do is to be tactful,cautious and there wont be any skin pains or cry over spilled beans!

Member Profile charliemen PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sandra Musonda

Oct 26, 2004

Keep them coming folks, thanx kaiser and charliemen, your responses are quite useful especially on the notions of human behaviour and personal undertakings to avoid the most negative while chatting to people online. no doubt TIG is very different to the usual websites and i'd like to think people are as honest as they wish to be. personally i ensure that i'm as open to the people i talk to as they respond to me but kaiser's tips are useful especially for people who go about looking for relationships and meeting people in person.

Brian

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 45
Province/State: North Carolina
City: Raleigh
Oct 27, 2004

-that is cyber chatting,
A great thing. People I work with are located all over my state and many of them use chat clients to keep in touch for business and personal reasons and to transfer files like images and documents. In the personal...chatting certainly is cheaper than a long distance or international call!
Years ago, people you would meet online would be completely inaccessible and could only be contacted by mail. Their are many sites like TIG that people of like minds go to meet and discuss.
-cyber dating,
A scary thing, but it can be good. I have seen too many people though just date casually for sex and online dating make this even easier.
A wonderful thing! I have learned a lot about Muslims and politics here at TIG that I wouldn't have on my own.
That is a concern. I would advised people to not include their real names (which I have...oops) in order to protect their privacy.
Positive exeriences are sharing knowledge and opinions about just about everything. Some negative experiences would be having to endure people who are hateful and intollerant.
- Another aspect i'm interested in is; the revolution of the internet and its usage on the african continent over the last 10 years especially for the youth
I don't know much about this.
Glad to heap!

Member Profile BrianK PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sandra Musonda

A female voice
Nov 1, 2004

From the specific to the general thanx piggyshirleypiggy! i'm beginning to conclude that overall everyone agrees that TIG is a very resourceful website in terms of intergration of people and that chatting is the best way to interact with people.
however many have shunned cyber dating, in the concept itself it seems alright but practical doing, a big no, seeing as you can't really trust who you meet online, except maybe take their word for it and hope for the best.
i'm sure there's more to come...

Ruqayyah

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 24
City: Jamestown
Mar 21, 2010

hi Sandy, how did the paper go? And what's the situation in Zambia regarding Internet and stuff? cool
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
labels=1labels=1labels=1

Member Profile daniellle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sandra

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
May 26, 2010

please help me get the mobile phone for free by clicking this link [link="http://www.xpango.com?ref=92286177"]. You only need to register. it will not cost you anything and only takes a few minutes.

Member Profile monstriukas PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DataPlusValue Web Services

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 4
Jul 7, 2014

I completely agree with sandra on the topic of internet.

Member Profile Dataplusvalue PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM