FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 22
City: Colombo
Re: HIV Awarrness
Feb 17, 2010

amen.. but can you please stop copying Micheal Jackson's quotation..... no offense

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Nadunjay PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Korey Anthony Chisholm

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: New York
City: New York
Apr 2, 2010

This is a great discussion, but i am worried about use of terms while doing awareness, as you said the man said he was a carrier.. what does that means.. i think it's important for him also not to stigma him self and saying .. he just HIV positive and not no carrier....

I read on the VCT issue sin My country they don't counsel person who are negative which makes them feel they ok and can go on doing things as it was...

I think Greater Involvement and a face to HIV at local levels also helps Behavior Change... national programme and Civil Society needs to be more focus on various is es that will help foster behavior change..

If they all stop doing things cause of funding Agencies them we see better results

Regards friends
Korey

Member Profile cutekorey19 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
takondwa kaliwo

Gender & Age: Female, 32
Province/State: Blantyre
City: Blantyre
May 13, 2010

thanks for the info..
i was always wondering why they have not yet made a vaccine for HIV...
so what are the experts saying?
if they cant find a vaccine so what next?
i heard that they cant find any medicine coz the virus lives inside the human cell so the medicene will have to fight its own cells....
so does anyone have new info about HIV and its medicine??

Member Profile takondwa PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
shondell

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

May 24, 2010

takondwa wrote:

the biggest gap in the HIV awareness in my country is that the people who advocate for HIV testing do not offer relevant councelling on how to live with the virus. i.e. after the testing and you are HIV- what should you do? what lifestyle should you adopt to ensure that you are protected? how do you ensure that for a life time you are consious of HIV risk behaviors? and when you are HIV+ what should you do next? when do you start taking medicines? how do you live?
so people are scared to have an HIV test.. and most HIV campaighs do not target behavior chnge... they just do awareness whithout providing solutions to behavior change.. what we need are HIV awareness campaighns that are strategically and holistically developed to lead people to behavior change...
I agree with you. In my country there is a lot of info, but there is a big gap between information and behaviour change. It seems that the information is not being transulated into action that will bring a reduction in the spread.

Member Profile purposedriven PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Catherine

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Nov 7, 2010

I'm a student living in the US, and it's quite the coincidence that I came across this thread, because I'm working on a project about this very topic: HIV awareness. I'm looking for an interview subject to help spread the message and make my presentation more effective.

I'm willing to hear your political opinions, personal stories, or anything else you want to share...whatever it is, I would appreciate your help in aiding me spreading awareness.

Email me at catherinem1.727@gmail.com if you want to help, I'd be really grateful and your voice will be heard. smile

Member Profile catherinem1727 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
james

Gender & Age: Male, 36
Province/State: British Columbia
City: Coquitlam
Re: HIV Awareness
Nov 8, 2010

AIDS is threatening to destroy our generation’s future and hence everybody must play his or her part in this fight.

We at Youth Initiative Canada respect the fact that Young people are a heterogeneous group with diverse vulnerabilities, needs, realities and preferences.

Recognizing that no single strategy or message can have the desired effect on every young person, evidence shows that the best HIV preventive responses are comprehensive and multidimensional.

All said and done, we have taken action by creating a program that reaches out to youth through Hip Hop and need your votes to win the grant.checkout details on the link below and vote please.
http://www.refresheverything.ca/beyondrhythmandrhyme

Find us on facebook at Youth Initiative Canada

Member Profile YICA PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ria Rabia

Gender & Age: Female, 30
Jun 18, 2011

the awareness in regard to HIV is very very impt.specaily here in pakistan where ppl feel shy to say something,evn if thy r suffering from HIV....

Member Profile RiaRabia PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
LEFRANC Ronel

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Aug 28, 2011

For sure, finding a way to cure or prevent HIV would be in anyway more beneficial than not. When we consider the link between poverty and inequity with HIV, a prevention method could be very beneficial for those who are making their livelihood out of sex trade (sad to say but it' s a reality and a problem to solve).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Ronel Lefranc

Member Profile rlefranc PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Vannessa Brown

Province/State: New York
City: New York
Sep 8, 2011

" Aids really is a worldwide problem and it is really difficult to stop.Safe sex is really advisable and let us be careful in all our doings."

voip calling service

Member Profile VannessaBrown PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
hbg

Province/State: Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
City: Cannes
Apr 20, 2012

Men who have sex with men (MSM) are at increased risk for infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). In 2006, 57% of new HIV infections in the United States occurred among MSM (1). To estimate and monitor risk behaviors, CDC's National HIV Behavioral Surveillance system (NHBS) collects data from metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) using an anonymous cross-sectional interview of men at venues where MSM congregate, such as bars, clubs, and social organizations. This report summarizes NHBS data from 2008, which indicated that, of 8,153 MSM interviewed and tested in the 21 MSAs participating in NHBS that year, HIV prevalence was 19%, with non-Hispanic blacks having the highest prevalence (28%), followed by Hispanics (18%), non-Hispanic whites (16%), and persons who were multiracial or of other race (17%). Of those who were infected, 44% were unaware of their infection. Men who know their current HIV infection status can be linked to appropriate medical care and prevention services. Once linked to prevention services, men can learn ways to avoid transmitting the virus to others.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
[url=" http://www.y1s.org/game/treats_for_carol_singers "] Treats for Carol Singers[/url]
[url=" http://www.y1s.org/game/birthday_cake_decor_2"] Birthday Cake Decor 2[/url]

Member Profile hbgy1s PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Clemson saint-fleur

Gender & Age: Male, 24
Apr 6, 2013

Let's give our attention to those who have aids.
Clemson saint-fleur
Haiti field coordinator
Port-au-prince Haiti
www.jointhejourney.cc
Mobile:+50937891638

His journey, our lives, connection and moving with the world trough Christ..

Member Profile Clemson509 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GYEF

Gender & Age: Male, 39
City: Otta
Oct 14, 2013

The awareness and sensitization is on and on in our country(s). It is still with utmost regret that we see educated adults falling victim of the circumstance.

Among the adults, we were made to understand there is a voodoo (Magic) that detect such infected persons before you meet and some become bearably affected. Even some youth age 24-35 still believes in this trend that HIV/AIDs are not real. They live lasciviously in clubs, treats and resorts, recklessly.

Among these age brackets are mostly in the higher institutions. Some even believed and rely so much in the use of condom thereby recklessly endangering their lives.

Morality means less to many not to talk about religion that promotes such morals and faithfuls.

Proud enough to understand that we still have so many very few virgins in this world today. May the Prayer of the faithfuls over their Children may not go in vain.

We preach abstinence and single partner (faithful) healthy relationships. Sex, nowadays is dangerous, Play Safe. cool
David Akin-Williams
Director - GYEF (Global Youth Efficiency Foundation)
Lagos-Ota,
2348060813566, 2348028394055

Member Profile onimisi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Miranda Dunn

Nov 18, 2014

AIDS is one of the fastest emerging diseases spreading among the world today specially in the Nigeria. Today in Nigeria HIV is one of the top 5 deaths in this country taking 11.36% of lives yearly. Sex is traditionally a very private subject in Nigeria and the discussion of sex with teenagers is often seen as inappropriate and in 2009 only 23% of schools were providing life-skills based HIV education. I believe for HIV to decrease in this developing country we need to address the issue of unsafe sex to the younger population to prevent this disease from worsening.

Member Profile MirandaDunn PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cassandra

Province/State: Ontario
City: Barrie
Nov 24, 2014

HIV/AIDS is a fast emerging disease across the globe, especially in Zimbabwe where it is the leading cause of death. HIV primarily affects those aged 5 to 49, where it accounts for 50% of deaths. As a nursing student and future health care provider, I feel that it is extremely important to raise awareness and develop strategies that can be used to help improve the health of the population. It is important to conduct research and improve the health of individuals around the global as it can impact the health of those at home.

Member Profile cassietrahan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Amy

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Nov 26, 2014

Recommendations to reduce the spread of HIV need to be directed to eliminate the risk factors. For the group of people who inject drugs, reusing contaminated needles is a major concern. My recommendation would be to open safe injection sites in areas that have large populations of people who inject drugs. Opening these places provides a place to not only inject safely with new needles, but also provides a place to educate these individuals on the seriousness of HIV and how they can stop the transmission.

Member Profile amyv1170 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM