TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesGlobalizationWorld Cup!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
World Cup!
Jun 11, 2014

The World Cup is a global event, binding together various populations and communities.

SO, what does the World Cup mean to you and your community?
What are the expectations and stories you associate with soccer and the international World Cup?

Looking forward to hearing your stories and insights!

This post was edited on: 2014-06-11 at 01:38 PM by: Fatimah Hasnain Mirza (Moderator)

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Fatimamirza09 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin Abuhamdieh

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Re: World Cup!
Jun 21, 2014

This year I'm boycotting World cup as it's being organized over Brazilians homes and bodies for some rich people to enjoy, it used to mean a lot to me but now it's just another distraction, it's becoming rich people's game,and fifa is killing it.
in my community as my country never qualified and will never I guess they enjoy supporting different teams, it's just another event they enjoy watch great players play not only in Europe or specific place yet global.

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hadassah Louis

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Krung Thep
City: Bangkok
Re: World Cup
Jun 21, 2014

I see the World Cup as a great platform to inspire change. I believe this to be true because I and many more would never have known that Brazil had a serious housing problem.

World Cup turns a view not only on the game of Football but also highlights the host country and the plights of its citizens to the world.

The beautiful game should continue but the governing bodies should take responsibility for the problems that the beautiful game may raise or even try to overshadow.

Member Profile barbilo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Fatimah Hasnain Mirza

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Jun 24, 2014

I agree, the governing bodies and FIFA itself should be very watchful of where they host the game because more than often, plight of the host country takes the back seat and corporate interests take priority.

Member Profile Fatimamirza09 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Jul 30, 2014

It seems we can divide this discussion into few issues.

The first is the attractiveness of Football. Football is a kind of sport and game that covers numerous various scenes. Any goal is non-similar to other goals. All parts of the body may be used besides hands for twenty players while inside the field. Besides the techniques and strategies used in football add to attractions.

Second is the importance of the World Cup. World Cup is influenced by national interests and money both having enough capacity and capability to make people, business and governments to enjoy and participate.

But the sad thing about the World Cup is the tiredness of players who have just got out of national, regional and continental clubs games, which lowers the quality of games. I remember Franz Beckenbauer saying that the World Cup will eventually lead to the World's Club Games. We need time to prove that. But I agree with him.

What disturbs me as a supporter of the environment is the impacts of World Cups on the environment and sustainability. For example, the numbers of travels either for the teams and supporters. Or unfortunately selection of a tiny hot humid land like Qatar which claims to have cooling air-conditioned stadiums and the footprints of such constructions on the environment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

This post was edited on: 2014-07-30 at 06:04 AM by: Farhad

This post was edited on: 2014-07-30 at 10:21 AM by: Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELLCVV.CO SELL FRESH GOOD CVV CC USA UK CA AU Italy Dumps Pin Track Bank Login Wu transfer - ICQ#686858468
Mar 7, 2016

good
http://sellcvv.co/
http://sellcvv.co/sell-cvv-cc-usa-uk-eu-asia/
http://sellcvv.co/wu-transfer-legit-cvv/

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELLCVV.CO SELL FRESH GOOD CVV CC USA UK CA AU Italy Dumps Pin Track Bank Login Wu transfer - ICQ#686858468
Mar 10, 2016

SELLCVV.CO VERIFIED best SELLER SELL FRESH GOOD CC CVV USA UK EU GOOD CVV CC USA UK CA AU

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM