TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationCommunity Library! (advice, comments and support needed)

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Community Library! (advice, comments and support needed)
Apr 23, 2014

Community Library is a project I have always dreamed of in making it happen for my community.

Erakor is the name of the village I come from and it's situated in the South West of Efate Island in Vanuatu and consist of about 4000 people.

The rate of literacy in my community has dropped immensely according to a national census that had occurred back in 1999. Since then, things have gradually changed over the last 15 years with more kids ending up in well paid jobs and some younger people obtaining university degrees.

Despite these changes, most of the community members are left with not much opportunities and or motivations to further boost their personal career developments. It has come to believe that, low self esteem relating to minimal educational background has lead to one of the many-er courses on these issues particularly literacy.

Given the current situation, I have been inspired by my initiating idea of creating a community library and also a way of giving back to my community. A place where, everyone, young and old go to read, write and develop personal and professional reading & writing skills (literacy).

I hope to get more ideas, advices, stories and inspirations to further make this happen or if you or anyone knows of any supporting organization or any funding bodies who can help make this happen, please do get in contact with us by emailing us or commenting below.

Many thanks.

Erakor Community Lirary: erakorlibrary@gmail.com

This post was edited on: 2014-04-23 at 10:08 AM by: Joël Kalpram

This post was edited on: 2014-04-25 at 05:17 AM by: Joël Kalpram

This post was edited on: 2014-04-25 at 05:17 AM by: Joël Kalpram

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Florence Eliza

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Essay Plus
Sep 20, 2017

This is a to a splendid degree http://www.essayplus.co.uk illuminating article. I additionally concur with your post title and your really well light up your perspective. I am staggeringly rich to see this post. A dedication of gratefulness is all together for share with us. Keep it up and share the all the more most related post.

Astonishing work!

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile FlorenceEliza PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM