TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureThe Ugly Face of Sanctions on Cultures

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male & 65
The Ugly Face of Sanctions on Cultures
Mar 24, 2014

Iran's UNESCO World Heritage Sites (16 in numbers) are not in the UNESCO sites listed in travel section for tig members. It seems to represent an ugly face of sanctions against Iran. The West is claiming to execute sanctions against an administration and government but surprisingly has targeted to ignore an incredible culture. Following you may see the list. I do hope that tig managers modify the list.

1- Armenian Monastic Ensembles of Iran (2008)
2- Bam and its Cultural Landscape (2004)
3- Bisotun (2006)
4- Golestan Palace (2013)
5- Gonbad-e Qābus (2012)
6- Masjed-e Jāmé of Isfahan (2012)
7- Meidan Emam, Esfahan (1979
8- Pasargadae (2004)
9- Persepolis (1979)
10-Sheikh Safi al-din Khānegāh and Shrine Ensemble in Ardabil (2010)
11-Shushtar Historical Hydraulic System (2009)
12-Soltaniyeh (2005)
13-Tabriz Historic Bazaar Complex (2010)
14-Takht-e Soleyman (2003)
15-Tchogha Zanbil (1979)
16-The Persian Garden (2011)

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hadassah Louis

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Krung Thep
City: Bangkok
Re: The Ugly Face of Sanctions on Cultures
Jul 29, 2014

The truth is, the sanctions imposed on countries rarely ever affect the governing bodies.

The most affected are the citizens of the sanctioned countries. Culture cannot be killed by sanctions but most definately people will shun from displaying their culture in the said western countries, if only to not be a 'target.'

Why do the quarrels between the high powers always have to cause the suffering of the simple.angry

Member Profile barbilo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Nov 30, 2014

barbilo wrote:

The truth is, the sanctions imposed on countries rarely ever affect the governing bodies.

The most affected are the citizens of the sanctioned countries. Culture cannot be killed by sanctions but most definately people will shun from displaying their culture in the said western countries, if only to not be a 'target.'

Why do the quarrels between the high powers always have to cause the suffering of the simple. />

Excellent
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Liamjod

Poster Rank: Talkative
TIG Staff

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Jan 15, 2015

Hello Farhad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can assure you that this is not intentional on behalf of TIG. Working at TIG over the last 6 years, I can say with no reservation that this type of cultural exclusion based on geo-politics play is not how we operate. I think it is most likely that the list we used to import this data didn't include sites in Iran, which is most certainly a shame.

I had a quick look into an initiative we have been working on to update this list and refresh the UNESCO sites pages and Iranian sites are certainly included here. In my quick review I found sites such as Persepolis, Apa and Tchogha Zanbil. We will keep you in the loop as this site section progresses.

Best regards,
Liam

Member Profile Liamjod PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Jan 22, 2015

Liamjod wrote:

Hello Farhad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can assure you that this is not intentional on behalf of TIG. Working at TIG over the last 6 years, I can say with no reservation that this type of cultural exclusion based on geo-politics play is not how we operate. I think it is most likely that the list we used to import this data didn't include sites in Iran, which is most certainly a shame.

I had a quick look into an initiative we have been working on to update this list and refresh the UNESCO sites pages and Iranian sites are certainly included here. In my quick review I found sites such as Persepolis, Apa and Tchogha Zanbil. We will keep you in the loop as this site section progresses.

Best regards,
Liam

Dear Liam,
Thank you for your attention.
Your words are full of love for the globe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM