TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationPhilosophy - Elementary, Middle, and High Schools

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Alberta
City: Edmonton
Philosophy - Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
Feb 21, 2014

From high school, I've started studying the philosophy of science, and it's changed my view of science, but other students seem so oblivious to philosophy, and dismiss it.

Anyways, why am I rambling? My question is this: why is philosophy of science not in the school curriculum (in Canada, or any other country that doesn't have philosophy in its school curriculum)? It gives a new viewpoint to science which students do not seem to have, and helps a lot within science class, when looking at theories, how they came to be, etc.

This post was edited on: 2014-03-03 at 11:17 AM by: Oliver Yang

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile LordOliver PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
charlielloyd

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Re: Philosophy - Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
Jul 8, 2017

The philosophy that is done in schools and colleges is very not quite the same as what you find on Yahoo Answers. Scholarly logic, at most schools, is systematic. This fundamentally implies philosophy is finished with much intelligent thoroughness. There are a great many diverse things to examine when you study philosophy in a school or college Essay Star UK. In the event that you are genuinely considering rationality, I prescribe that you go to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Simply Google it. This site has many sections composed by proficient thinkers (they are utilized by schools and colleges). Discover a theme you think may be fascinating and perused it. Roughly, be that as it may, scholarly philosophy can be isolated into a few territories. One region is the historical backdrop of logic

Member Profile charlielloyd PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
daisyfaith

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Re: Philosophy - Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
Aug 4, 2017

The philosophy this is performed in colleges and faculties may be very no longer quite similar to what you locate on Yahoo solutions. Scholarly good judgment, at maximum faculties, is systematic. This essentially implies philosophy is finished with lots smart thoroughness. There are a extraordinary many numerous things to look at while you look at philosophy in a college or university write my essay uk. inside the event that you are absolutely considering rationality, I prescribe that you visit the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. without a doubt Google it. This web page has many sections composed by using gifted thinkers (they may be utilized by colleges and faculties). find out a topic you observed may be charming and perused it. roughly, be that as it is able to, scholarly philosophy may be isolated into a few territories. One place is the ancient backdrop of common sense

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-08-07 at 08:35 AM by: Daisy Faith

Member Profile daisyfaith PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM