TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureWhat is BEAUTY?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male & 33
City: Dhaka
What is BEAUTY?
Jul 28, 2013

Beauty is a term that implies many ideas. Can you share your opinion about it? Looking forward your response.
Thank you and the best of luck!

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Re: What is BEAUTY?
Aug 26, 2013

It seems to me that there is no one in the TIG world knows about beauty! Have? Haven't? Show your argument?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Md.Nurunnabi

Charmaine Kwong

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Sep 8, 2013

Hi! This is my first time posting....there is beauty in this present moment, as I am forming my ideas and feeling completely unhindered by outside pressures. For me, beauty is freedom of thought, originality and just a feel-good sense that rushes over me when something or someone awes me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
CharBar The ChocolateBar

Member Profile CharBar PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nicholas Grass

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Florida
City: Florida Ridge
Sep 25, 2013

“Beauty” is the perceived attractiveness of an individual to other people around them. This is also known as sex appeal, where people identify the potential of others to find a suitable mate in which may produce a healthy child. Sex appeal also identifies if that individual has the skills necessary to raise the child. This is on a scientific level in which a person’s physiological and psychological traits are subconsciously analyzed by their peers. In a typical sense the human instinct is to compare human proportions to the golden ratio. The closer the proportions are, the more “attractive” that individual is. These observations for beauty are skewed when analyzing beauty among people of the same gender. Homosexual attraction or evaluation of beauty among individuals of the same gender is not for reproductive purposes, and does not have the same connotation of “sex appeal” as in heterosexual relationships or in evaluations of looks among friends of the opposite gender. I am not, by any means, denouncing homosexual people. I have many friends who are gay. Though I am heterosexual, I have varying opinions as to how good guys look as well as girls. I am simply saying the aim in sexual attraction is different between same-sex evaluation and different-sex evaluation.

Member Profile 2x.fm PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Adrienn Komlodi

City: Tarpon Springs
Sep 26, 2013

I don't believe that there is a single specific definition of beauty, mainly because what a certain individual considers to be beautiful may not appeal as much to another individual. I strongly stand by the idea that, as cheesy as it may be, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, I also think that our society has it's own definition of what beauty is and I honestly agree with the notion that our society's standards of beauty are sort of spread and expanded so that every person within it is affected by it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that is just my personal opinion. Obviously, some people have their own strict and set definition of beauty that they've developed on their own, but society must have an influence on their ideas because society essentially has an influence of everything.

Member Profile adrienncarly PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
rachael

City: Clearwater
Sep 26, 2013

beauty truly depends on the eye of the beholder,people have different prefrences. everyone is beautiful in their own way. make-up isn't beauty.

Member Profile RachaelElizabeth PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Sep 27, 2013

The quality or condition causing attention, liking and enjoyment.

It could be a face, a word, a speech, anything in the nature, a belief, a discussion,a view.

It could be either material or spiritual.

And definitely not limited to sex appeal.
Farhad

This post was edited on: 2013-09-27 at 08:34 AM by: Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
bye

City: Clearwater
Sep 29, 2013

Beauty is "the qualities that please the aesthetic senses" well at least that's what google thinks. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder and we all have different definitions of beauty. Individuals themselves define beauty. Some consider it to be outside beauty that is most important, while others would agree that inside beauty is what really matters. What if everyone looked like how they truly acted? like if you were "nice" then you were considered "beautiful" and how you acted affected how you looked. If only it was that easy. Finding beauty is hard. Everything/everyone has beauty, just not everyone sees it.

Member Profile wellthisisawk PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Dear Adrienn,
I am glad to know from you that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.But I am wondered about it's duration. So, it also implies the idea of transitory. Then how can we say that 'Beauty' is truth?

Regards,
Md.Nurunnabi

Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Dear bye,
You showed your logic by giving examples of 'outside' and 'inside' beauty. I'm curious to know from you that 'which one you like best?'. See you next discussion.
Bests,
Md.Nurunnabi

Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Hi Rachael,
You told that 'everyone is beautiful in their own way'. I am bit confused about it. So, if any one says THIS is or THAT is very beautiful, should we then consider them beautiful leaving our own thought or universal understanding?
Thanks!
Md.Nurunnabi

Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Hi Nicholas,
You told that' Beauty is the perceived attractiveness of an individual to other people around them'. You also tried to relate your ideas of 'Sex appeal' with beauty. I am wondered about your first idea of the perception of attractiveness about beauty.In connection with sex appeal a reapiest also feels attraction to their opposition and brings you thought 'Sex appeal also identifies if that individual has the skills necessary to raise the child'.
So, from your logic,can we say 'Beauty' is also there?
Regards,
Md.Nurunnabi

Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Hi Charmine,
Nice to see your comments.
You told 'For me, beauty is freedom of thought'. May be that's right. Could you please make it clear for me that 'if anyone thinks illegal, and doing harm for others; can we say then it is beautiful?'
Looking forward to see your response!

Bests,
Md.Nurunnabi

Md. Nurunnabi

Oct 1, 2013

Hi Farhad,
It's good to see you here,
How are you dear?

Thanks for your comment on 'Beauty'.Could you please make it clear for me the word 'nature' in your thread in connection with beauty?
Looking forward your elegant writing!
Best regards,
Md.Nurunnabi

Charmaine Kwong

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Oct 1, 2013

you bring up such a great point! freedom of thought.....i mean that the power/ability/right to free thinking is beautiful....the content of that thinking can be qualified, however. does this clarify my intention at all?

(o^^o)

Member Profile CharBar PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM