FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 20

City: Belleville
Affordable Technology
Jul 21, 2013

Hello everyone smile

For my idea, Gamers For Good, one aspect of it is to provide technology to schools in developing nations. However I still have not pinpointed what types of technology are going to be used. I hope to use a very affordable, but reliable type of computer/tablet, however I have not chosen one yet. I figured that you might have some wonderful ideas about what type of technology to use. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much smile

Theresa
--------------------------------------------------------
Ps Here is some information on my idea.....

An exclusive line of video games, that part of the proceeds of sales eg $1 then an addition amount eg 10 cents could be donated for each badge or major achievement in the game. This could inspire gamers who are active in the gaming community, to also become active with helping others in the world.

Not only could this idea draw new people to gaming, but it could have a major real world impact. For example on the first day that Call of Duty Black Ops was released in the UK and North America sales totaled 5.6 million copies. So even if an amount as small as 10 cents was donated from a line of games, it could be very significant. Also this could help break down the barrier than many people have regarding the fact that they do not think that they can have an impact on the world. This could be a means of allowing people to pursue something that they love, and still positively impact the world.

The donations would go to a specific cause, for example increasing technology in class rooms in third world nations. This would go hand in hand with the concept of using video games because it is technology based. Technology in class room settings has been proven to interest and engage students more than just using paper based approaches. The use of technology would not only help the students visualize more, but it would also increase their quantity of education, therefore better preparing them for their futures.

The message could clearly be conveyed to the gamer through these of an online community. This could keep track of how much has been donated as a result of the gamers achievements and purchases. Also a summary of the funds donated on behalf of the members in their region, or their friends and opponents, could be shown. This could show people the impact that they have for a cause, and how they are contributing as a community. The donations could be shown not only in dollars and cents, but also in the amount of computers or tablets that have been donated. To allow the gamer even more choice and get them even more involved, if they had gotten enough to donate a piece of technology, they could choose what third world nation it would go to (from a list of options) and what piece of technology would be donated. It could almost be like upgrading a character in a video game, except it would be upgrading someones opportunities in the real world.

This idea could inspire people of all ages to participate in a global good!

--------------------------------------------------
PPS. If you like my idea, and can see its potential please vote for it by going to collaborate then ideas then seed funding challenge 3 then selecting Gamers For Good. You can vote once a day !

Thank you for your support and votes!

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile unicyclegirl PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Raymond Tang

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: Chongqing
City: Chengdu
Re: Affordable Technology
Jul 25, 2013

Hi, this is a very good idea.

I'd like to share with you my personal experience and hopefully it can help you in some way or other.

I grew up in the rural areas, which were lack of education resources. In my middle school, I got the chance to dig into computer world, though there were only 30 PCs shared by more than 1000 students. However, we didn't know the computer can actually help us to do a lot of things as no one told us. We just played around it. Only when I entered the university, I gradually learned the great value what computer can bring to us.

What I want to highlight is that if we can combine the technologies with their practical applications and education, it may attract and benefit more people. If we only provide devices, it may not be able to yield the greatest returns especially in developing nations.

Member Profile Fahao PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Theresa DeCola

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 20
City: Belleville
Jul 30, 2013

Hello Raymond Tang, and sorry for taking so long to reply. You are absolutely right, technology is useful, IF students are educated in how to use it. One way that I could address this issue in the future may be to find individuals, in the area, who know and understand technology. Some of these individuals could train the teachers and/or students in using the technology, as well as the many benefits that technology can bring. I really appreciate your comment, and I think that by hearing real stories, such as your's, it will really help to shape the future of this idea, in a way that more positively suites the needs of my target audience.

Thanks again,

Theresa smile

Member Profile unicyclegirl PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Raymond Tang

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: Chongqing
City: Chengdu
Aug 2, 2013

No worries, Theresa. I hope your idea can impact more and more people in future. smile

Member Profile Fahao PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jamesburton

Poster Rank:

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Feb 2, 2017

What a nice information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
[url= http://www.9000airportcars.com/]Streatham Minicabs[/url]

Member Profile jamesburton PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Playgame123

Province/State: Uttar Pradesh
City: Meerut
play game
Oct 16, 2017

It is the best free online happy wheel game it is the most interesting to get the site i love this very much most people exited to get this online happy wheels so have the most fun to play this if you wanna to play this so go the web link and join to the best score i trust you like this thanks for the visit the site.

Member Profile Playgame123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM