TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeatured ForumCurrent EventsIs abortion a just or unjust action?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Nebraska
City: Omaha
Is abortion a just or unjust action?
Jun 22, 2013

Is abortion a just or unjust action? This is a very controversial issue, but I am interested in what will become of this discussion.

According to my faith, abortion is completely against the Law of God. Is it really murder?

The heart of a baby in the womb starts to beat about 20 days after conception. With this in mind, can it be justified?

If sex is meant to create a baby, why kill that creation?

Is it a bad thing to stand up for a baby that is unable to speak up? I don't intend to create a fight, I intend to find out which is truly just.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile labellasorella PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: Is abortion a just or unjust action?
Jun 24, 2013

Q1: Is abortion a just or unjust action? This is a very controversial issue, but I am interested in what will become of this discussion.
A: It is just when the mother’s life is in danger while only either the mother or the baby may be saved. It is unjust if the lives of the mother and the baby are not in danger.

Q2: According to my faith, abortion is completely against the Law of God. Is it really murder?
A: According to Islam, it is a crime (murder) unless the lives of the mother or the baby are in danger.

Q3: The heart of a baby in the womb starts to beat about 20 days after conception. With this in mind, can it be justified?
A: Any living creature in the womb has rights to live including the human baby.

Q4: If sex is meant to create a baby, why kill that creation?
A: The natural joy of sex leads to creation of the next generation. Killing babies seems to be unnatural.

Q5: Is it a bad thing to stand up for a baby that is unable to speak up? I don't intend to create a fight, I intend to find out which is truly just.
A: To my understanding, standing up for supporting the babies and prevention of abortion (unless prescribed by physicians) is truly human
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Aug 23, 2013

Abortion is any form has been called an unjust act towards humanity, though maximum cases of abortion are of girl child, is been taking place frequently in South East Asian countries, where babies are killed before there arrival to this world, just for sake of having a male child, people are killing their own womb. This age old practice should be immediately stopped, otherwise there will be only countable number of girl child to be left over.But in case of an emergency where the life of both the mother & kid is in danger, one has to sacrifice either of it, in that case still it is somewhat acceptable. Else in every religion killing a womb is called a heinous crime. To get the best transcription service that too under affordable rate, visit me on http://www.gmrtranscription.com/

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ian Murray

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 24
Province/State: California
City: Santa Rosa
Sep 15, 2013

Referring to your question,
justice is contextual. Otherwise we wouldn't have courts or judges.
It is incorrect to suggest that abortion is absolutely 'just' or 'unjust' in all cases...
I find it disgusting that a baby would be aborted because of its sex.
I also find it disgusting that many would believe it 'moral' to force a victim of rape to have a baby that was involuntarily conceived.

Member Profile Ian-is-guy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
mkalundberg

Province/State: District of Columbia
City: Washington
May 27, 2016

I take issue with much of what you say, but let me just deal with one thing.

I doubt very much that sex is "intended" to produce babies. If that is so, why is it enjoyable? And -- more importantly -- why is it so relatively difficult to conceive? The probability of pregnancy from one sex act is about 2.5%, so on average you need to have sexual intercourse 40 times to conceive a baby. Pretty low odds, but happily lots of opportunity for enjoyment!

Then there is the problem of spontaneous abortion, or miscarriage. About 20 percent of all pregnancies end in miscarriage; the risks are considerably higher among older women. That is nearly identical to the percentage of pregnancies that are terminated by medical abortion in the United States. If the "purpose" of sex is to create babies, why do any pregnancies end in miscarriage?

Yes, intercourse is the easiest way to conceive a child. And yes, most pregnancies do yield children, who are essential and wonderful. But there are big gaps in the logic that can't be filled by intentionality, divine or otherwise.

Don't forget that sex is among the most enjoyable things you can do for free. It's available to all, rich and poor alike.

Member Profile mkalundberg PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Anna Rhys

Province/State: Central
City: Suva
Jun 12, 2016

I think it is a personal decision by the woman, who has full autonomy over her body. I personally would only consider an abortion if I was the victim of rape or for some medical reason where abortion would be the only option available to ensure the safety of my well-being.

Faith and religion may have its viewpoints, but ultimately its down to the woman, at from a faith based perspective, God will judge her for her actions, it is not for us to judge or place prejudice on her.

Member Profile MRhys PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
carddumps

Province/State: Louisiana
City: United
**ICQ:669364660,Skype:carder007sale,dumps,CC Fullz Fresh,track 1&2 with pin WU transfers,fresh paypal
Jun 18, 2016

Contact us via
carddump at yahoo dot com
ICQ =669364660

Member Profile carddumps PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
bimbo-oladele

Province/State: Ondo
City: Akure
Jul 31, 2017

Abortion is definitely not just, is like saying is murder just? a babies heart starts to beat after 20 days, which its alive, killing it just murder. My religion does not accept it so am clear on that path but since its a life you are ending, the law does not allow it. So abortion is a crime. Even though many folks and nations are taking it as a means to control the population, that's why a protected sex or abstention is advice so you would never think of abortion.

Member Profile bimbo-oladele PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Abhijeet Pratap

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Aug 31, 2017

Actually, the answer depends on of whom this question has been asked. Is it the mother or is it the baby? Every baby would love to live but every mother is not in a position to keep its baby alive. There are financial, social and health reasons that can stop a mother from having a baby and a mother can be through an unexpected pregnancy. So, in such cases abortion can be just because otherwise the mother would be forced to bear the price. However, killing a baby is always unjust and definitely unless there is a compelling reason they must not be killed.

Member Profile AbhijeetPratap PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
tinati

Province/State: Cataluna
City: Olot
Oct 23, 2017

Imagine that you're 14 years old and you get pregnant, what will you do? Be a mother at that age?
Imagine that someone violates you, you want a child of that man?
But,imagine like most of you said before, that you don't want it because is a girl and not a boy. Then it will be unjust.

So my answer it's; it depends of the situation.wink

Member Profile tinati PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kim Ross

Nov 21, 2017

Member Profile KimRoss PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Pastores

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Nov 22, 2017

Member Profile Pastores PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM