TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureIs there a god?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... , 41 42 43  »
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 6, 2015

MoralAtheist,

Perhaps you are presenting new views about existence. Certainly you have full rights to present your views and that is implementing the freedom of speech.

You need academicians to support you. Academicians use methodology to support views and theories. Methodology results in less uncertainty than ordinary dialogues.

To my understanding, human race is the victim of wrong religious interpretations. It seems Saint Paul changed Jesus's words about who is entitled to have wealth in favor of the Roman Emperors leading to unjustified Roman Catholic religious dictatorship. But it were the men of Church who protested to the Pope either from the Catholic Church itself or from around Europe.

More or less the same thing happened in the Muslim world although true Muslim scholars have been under tensions and force throughout the history.

I am seeking for the truth and to my understanding true teachings of God provides prosperity. Human has not been able to bring hearths close together unless with religious faith.

You do not agree with me and you have the rights for disagreements but which human made theory has been able to bring hearths together. Just look at the most elders in your town and see their beliefs and views about what gives them hope for tomorrow. Visit hospitals and see it for yourself about who provides hope for cure. Look how most football (soccer) players do after making goals.

To be more specific, find an atheist scholar having cancer and close to death. See what he hopes, how he hopes and who is he expecting to help him to be cured.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Feb 6, 2015

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Perhaps you are presenting new views about existence. Certainly you have full rights to present your views and that is implementing the freedom of speech.

You need academicians to support you. Academicians use methodology to support views and theories. Methodology results in less uncertainty than ordinary dialogues.

To my understanding, human race is the victim of wrong religious interpretations. It seems Saint Paul changed Jesus's words about who is entitled to have wealth in favor of the Roman Emperors leading to unjustified Roman Catholic religious dictatorship. But it were the men of Church who protested to the Pope either from the Catholic Church itself or from around Europe.

More or less the same thing happened in the Muslim world although true Muslim scholars have been under tensions and force throughout the history.

I am seeking for the truth and to my understanding true teachings of God provides prosperity. Human has not been able to bring hearths close together unless with religious faith.

You do not agree with me and you have the rights for disagreements but which human made theory has been able to bring hearths together. Just look at the most elders in your town and see their beliefs and views about what gives them hope for tomorrow. Visit hospitals and see it for yourself about who provides hope for cure. Look how most football (soccer) players do after making goals.

To be more specific, find an atheist scholar having cancer and close to death. See what he hopes, how he hopes and who is he expecting to help him to be cured.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
Purely academic dear watson a quote by sherlock holmes a ficticious character no more ficticious than god, gods, goddess or goddesses academics are leaders if you need to be led you will get lost and tthat's where religion is now.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Feb 7, 2015

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

It is simple Farhad, there is no evidence for god. Story books that self refer do not count as evidence... A scientific theory does not only explain why or how things happen it can also be used to predict the future... Show a religious text that can do that.. I mean really, using science we know what time the sun rise a 1000 years from now...

This is not about freedom of speech or expression.. It's about using reliable methods to find out the truth

Can you see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk5IWzTfWeM

Or has your government prevented you from seeing anything truly educational?

Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Feb 8, 2015

mullrae wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad
Purely academic dear watson a quote by sherlock holmes a ficticious character no more ficticious than god, gods, goddess or goddesses academics are leaders if you need to be led you will get lost and tthat's where religion is now.

Ian, are you talking about legendary gods and goddesses?
Farhad

Farhad

Feb 8, 2015

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

It is simple Farhad, there is no evidence for god. Story books that self refer do not count as evidence... A scientific theory does not only explain why or how things happen it can also be used to predict the future... Show a religious text that can do that.. I mean really, using science we know what time the sun rise a 1000 years from now...

This is not about freedom of speech or expression.. It's about using reliable methods to find out the truth

Or has your government prevented you from seeing anything truly
educational?

MoralAtheist,
You did not answer my questions. Why do you not look for my comments about the certain people I mentioned?

As I told you several times Koran itself, does not claim to be a scientific book and rather it claims to be a guide for believers although some scientific issues are discussed in Koran.

Instead of just repeating your assumptions you may provide answers to my questioning and comments. Instead of assuming believers to be misguided, you may see how many academicians agree with you.

About education in my country, I invite to come here and I will provide all your expenses so that you see it for yourself.
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2015-02-08 at 04:32 PM by: Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2015-02-11 at 11:55 AM by: Farhad

MoralAtheist

Feb 9, 2015

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

educational?

MoralAtheist,
You did not answer my questions. Why do you not look for my comments about the certain people I mentioned?

As I told you several times Koran itself, does not claim to be a scientific book and rather it claims to be a guide for believers although some scientific issued are discussed in Koran.

Instead of just repeating your assumptions you may provide answers to my questioning and comments. Instead of assuming believers to be misguided, you may see how many academicians agree with you.

About education in my country, I invite to come here and I will provide all your expenses so that you see it for yourself.
Farhad

LOL! If you think I am traveling anywhere in the world where there blasphemy laws you are crazy!

Farhad

Feb 9, 2015

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

educational?

MoralAtheist,

As I told you several times Koran itself, does not claim to be a scientific book and rather it claims to be a guide for believers although some scientific issued are discussed in Koran.

Farhad

LOL! If you think I am traveling anywhere in the world where there blasphemy laws you are crazy!

What else could a crazy like me do for you?
Farhad

MoralAtheist

Feb 9, 2015

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

educational?

MoralAtheist,

Farhad

What else could a crazy like me do for you?
Farhad

Do you agree with capital or corporal punishment for blasphemy ?

Farhad

Feb 11, 2015

MoralAtheist,

As I understand 'Blasphemy" itself does not have punishment. Reading the teachings of Shia and some Sunni scholars from the Middle Ages, we witness cases in which Muslim scholars are criticized by supporters of blasphemy and discuss it with tolerance. So even if you are a supporter of blasphemy you are in no danger in Iran.

There are people who support blasphemy here and no one is bothering them for their thought. On the early months of the Iranian Revolution, I watched TV forums on which supporters of blasphemy argued with Muslim scholars.
Farhad

Farhad

Feb 11, 2015

MoralAtheist,

This is directly from Koran (Al- Baqarah/Surah 2, verse 256):

"There is no compulsion in accepting religion"

You may see it for yourself.
Farhad

MoralAtheist

Feb 27, 2015

Then why not leave children alone and let them decide when they are 18 years old... Children in all religions are compelled whatever the book says, because they are presented lies as truth at an age when they are not equipped to decide for themselves

Farhad

Mar 1, 2015

Dear MoralAthiest,
This question seems to be very interesting and opens a wider field to discuss.
As I understand all ancient civilizations had legendary beliefs that led to having legendary gods, goddesses and heroes.
It seems that ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia especially the Ammurapi codes have influenced civilizations developed by Judaism and even later civilizations. Of course civilizations in the contemporary Middle East and Europe are influenced by the Hellenic Greek, Hellenistic Greek and Roman civilizations. Greek and Roman Civilizations had mutual influences with the Ancient Persians.
Those civilizations developed their rules, regulations and codes leading to the responsibilities of the state and all those working for the state among which were the clergy, teachers and families.
Approved codes defined what are expected from the citizens which led to lifestyles unique and fit for the various civilizations.
To teach the lifestyles and behaviors; state, teachers, clergy and families thought the children from the early ages.
They selected what to teach. I agree with you that truth is the best thing to transfer to children.
The Christian Church of the Middle Ages period experienced distinguished people like Thomas Aquinas and Peter Abelard and later Martin Luther.
Among all the teachings, the church distinguished people asked for reforms in the teachings of religious thought by reasoning. I am sure you know what the age of reason is.
As I understand leaders in the United States and Europe think in a Christian framework and many citizens of both regions are the same as their leaders. Would these two bring changes in the teachings for the children? I do not know. Perhaps you who live in the West could answer this question.
As you see I have not gone to give you an answer for the Muslim countries yet. I reserve that for the future. First let us see if we may come to a conclusion for the developed West
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2015-03-02 at 10:48 AM by: Farhad

Iman

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: California
City: Tracy
May 20, 2015

In my heart, I can feel God directing me in life and helping me when I need it. Some may call this their conscience or something else, but I believe its God because of how my religion portrays the whole concept of a higher being. (I'm Muslim)

Member Profile iman23 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

May 20, 2015

iman23 wrote:

In my heart, I can feel God directing me in life and helping me when I need it. Some may call this their conscience or something else, but I believe its God because of how my religion portrays the whole concept of a higher being. (I'm Muslim)
no you are working class and obviously lost,you will work hard all your life for a pitance and die in relative poverty ,having kept the rich handsomely well off. I am human and working class and that is our fate no god just the workings of modern day capitalism.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Diana763

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Illinois
City: Chicago
Feb 29, 2016

You are a god if you want to believe so. Your mum can be god, your dog, sun is a god and our universe is god. I think even wind is god. If you have a belief it is good. It will always lead you.

Member Profile Diana763 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM