TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org


Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureIs there a god?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... 40, 41 42 43  »
Author
Post
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Jan 31, 2015

Stephen Fry uses logic about god here ....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/30/atheist-stephen-fry-delivers-stunning-answer-when-asked-w hat-he-would-say-if-he-came-face-to-face-with-god_n_6581710.html?1422648370


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Jan 31, 2015

MoralAtheist,
I am becoming surprised to learn that you do not want to mention the names of the first people who introduced "logic" in the planet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Jan 31, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,
I am becoming surprised to learn that you do not want to mention the names of the first people who introduced "logic" in the planet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_logic

I guess you are talking about Aristotle? developed later by Christain and Islamic philosophers. You point being? That because some religious people can be logical about some things that it is logical to believe in gods?? Dont be silly now!


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 1, 2015

Do you agree that Aristotle was the pioneer in introducing "Logic" to human civilizations?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Posts: 218 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 1, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:

Do you agree that Aristotle was the pioneer in introducing "Logic" to human civilizations?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
most definitely not.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 1, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:

Do you agree that Aristotle was the pioneer in introducing "Logic" to human civilizations?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


No not really, logic is not introduced it is discovered if anything, as I said the ancient Egyptians used it, I am sure animals at some level use it, even lower forms of life like insects can "deduce" in a way...

My point really as Ian also pointed out is that belief in god is illogical because (yawn) there is no evidence to support any logical deduction.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 2, 2015

Ian, MoralAtheist,
If you do not agree that Aristotle was the first man who explained logic, please tell me who did and give your reference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Posts: 218 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 2, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian, MoralAtheist,
If you do not agree that Aristotle was the first man who explained logic, please tell me who did and give your reference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
Aristotle developed his method of logic there were methods of logic before and after the world is forever evolving and I am beginning to realise this post has become nothing more than an intellectual pastime sorry guys but if your lives are that empty all the best millions live on less than a dollar a day and we can afford to waste our lives on the totally illogical regards ian.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 2, 2015


mullrae wrote:


farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian, MoralAtheist,
If you do not agree that Aristotle was the first man who explained logic, please tell me who did and give your reference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
Aristotle developed his method of logic there were methods of logic before and after the world is forever evolving and I am beginning to realise this post has become nothing more than an intellectual pastime sorry guys but if your lives are that empty all the best millions live on less than a dollar a day and we can afford to waste our lives on the totally illogical regards ian.


Yeah understand your point, but really how could it be anything other than a past time.... What was your expectation?


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Posts: 218 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 2, 2015


MoralAtheist wrote:


mullrae wrote:


farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian, MoralAtheist,
If you do not agree that Aristotle was the first man who explained logic, please tell me who did and give your reference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
Aristotle developed his method of logic there were methods of logic before and after the world is forever evolving and I am beginning to realise this post has become nothing more than an intellectual pastime sorry guys but if your lives are that empty all the best millions live on less than a dollar a day and we can afford to waste our lives on the totally illogical regards ian.


Yeah understand your point, but really how could it be anything other than a past time.... What was your expectation?
point taken if the world wants to remain illogical who am I to stop it.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 2, 2015


mullrae wrote:


MoralAtheist wrote:


mullrae wrote:


farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian, MoralAtheist,
If you do not agree that Aristotle was the first man who explained logic, please tell me who did and give your reference.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
Aristotle developed his method of logic there were methods of logic before and after the world is forever evolving and I am beginning to realise this post has become nothing more than an intellectual pastime sorry guys but if your lives are that empty all the best millions live on less than a dollar a day and we can afford to waste our lives on the totally illogical regards ian.


Yeah understand your point, but really how could it be anything other than a past time.... What was your expectation?
point taken if the world wants to remain illogical who am I to stop it.


For me it's about the by standers, people like Farhad will never change the brain washing runs too deeply, but there my be others reading, Atheism is growing faster than ever before so, what people like you and I do is not in vain, it just feels like it sometimes wink


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 3, 2015

MoralAtheist,

You keep calling theists brain washed and illogical.

You seem to agree that Aristotle developed logic.

There is no evidence to prove that Aristotle was an atheist.

Do you find Aristotle illogical and brainwashed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 4, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

You keep calling theists brain washed and illogical.

You seem to agree that Aristotle developed logic.

There is no evidence to prove that Aristotle was an atheist.

Do you find Aristotle illogical and brainwashed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


You are really proving my point here.. It is possible to be logical about one thing and illogical about another. It is not logical to believe in a deity without evidence, even if Charles Darwin himself proclaimed his love for Jesus Christ on his deathbed it would not mean accepting the existence of God was logical, it would probably mean he was scared! and frankly that is the root of all religious faith.. FEAR!


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 6, 2015


MoralAtheist wrote:


farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

You keep calling theists brain washed and illogical.

You seem to agree that Aristotle developed logic.

There is no evidence to prove that Aristotle was an atheist.

Do you find Aristotle illogical and brainwashed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


You are really proving my point here.. It is possible to be logical about one thing and illogical about another. It is not logical to believe in a deity without evidence, even if Charles Darwin himself proclaimed his love for Jesus Christ on his deathbed it would not mean accepting the existence of God was logical, it would probably mean he was scared! and frankly that is the root of all religious faith.. FEAR!


Do you assume Darwin to be brainwashed?
Do you say that Darwin might have been illogical in some areas?
Do you also say that theists might be logical in some areas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2015-02-06 at 06:32 AM by: Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Feb 6, 2015


farhadmiriany wrote:


MoralAtheist wrote:


farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist,

You keep calling theists brain washed and illogical.

You seem to agree that Aristotle developed logic.

There is no evidence to prove that Aristotle was an atheist.

Do you find Aristotle illogical and brainwashed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


You are really proving my point here.. It is possible to be logical about one thing and illogical about another. It is not logical to believe in a deity without evidence, even if Charles Darwin himself proclaimed his love for Jesus Christ on his deathbed it would not mean accepting the existence of God was logical, it would probably mean he was scared! and frankly that is the root of all religious faith.. FEAR!


Do you assume Darwin to be brainwashed?
Do you say that Darwin might have been illogical in some areas?
Do you also say that theists might be logical in some areas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2015-02-06 at 06:32 AM by: Farhad


Yes probably to all.

But believing in god with no evidence is not logical no matter who decides it. Can you see this video?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152263467875923&pnref=story


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Display posts from:

« BACK TO FORUM

Forum Jump:


Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... 40, 41 42 43  »

All times are GMT-05:00

» Check that you are logged in!

You cannot create new threads in this forum
You cannot post replies in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot edit/delete your posts in this forum
Administrators: angiex, anuriandima84, BeeWall, Fatimamirza09, Liamjod, Quincy-348, shamricardo, smensah
Moderators: danieln25, darhcik, janepe, Liamjod