TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureIs there a god?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 ... 41 42 43  »
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

mullrae -

Yes for a cop out for the weak minded...

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Aug 15, 2013

Most amusing every time I try to use the quote button, the site thinks I am posting spam..

Farhad

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Aug 15, 2013

MoralAtheist wrote:

Oh and really I am sorry but believing in an invisible man in the sky, with absolutely no evidence for it, is foolish!

An invisible man in the sky is not a definition of the creator by all believers.It may be the definition in some religions but not all.

If you are willing to listen with respect and not with harsh and impolite replies, definitions for the creator as defined in Islam will be presented.

Further, as I see, The English translations of Koran do not transfer perfect aims and views of Koran about not only the definitions for the creator but also the principles.

Besides, the Old and New Testaments are not believed to be the exact words of the creator and hence the definitions for the creator.

Creator, as defined by the Popes of the Medieval and dictatorial behavior of Medieval popes left no place for wisdom and logic.

Simultaneously, Islamic rulers who conquered Europe did not introduce Islam as a pro-human lifestyle. They used Islam as a power-tool for the interests of conquerors.

No wonder, Karl Marx raises and makes his philosophy mixing logical evolutionary theories with his own dislikes for the Popes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Aug 15, 2013

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

Oh and really I am sorry but believing in an invisible man in the sky, with absolutely no evidence for it, is foolish!

An invisible man in the sky is not a definition of the creator by all believers.It may be the definition in some religions but not all.

If you are willing to listen with respect and not with harsh and impolite replies, definitions for the creator as defined in Islam will be presented.

Further, as I see, The English translations of Koran do not transfer perfect aims and views of Koran about not only the definitions for the creator but also the principles.

Besides, the Old and New Testaments are not believed to be the exact words of the creator and hence the definitions for the creator.

Creator, as defined by the Popes of the Medieval and dictatorial behavior of Medieval popes left no place for wisdom and logic.

Simultaneously, Islamic rulers who conquered Europe did not introduce Islam as a pro-human lifestyle. They used Islam as a power-tool for the interests of conquerors.

No wonder, Karl Marx raises and makes his philosophy mixing logical evolutionary theories with his own dislikes for the Popes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Correct me if I am wrong but arn't the Islamic god and the christian one, one and the same imaginary guy?

Md. Nurunnabi

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 33
City: Dhaka
Aug 15, 2013

Hi dear,

NO! and never! I don't agree with you any more. Just try to read my writing and understand it. It would be very good if you respect others' opinion and keep yourself away from attacking people calling 'Fool' to an internation. Otherwise, people have the good sense and will identify who is real 'FOOL'.
Md.Nurunnabi

Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Aug 16, 2013

Nurunnabi wrote:

Hi dear,

NO! and never! I don't agree with you any more. Just try to read my writing and understand it. It would be very good if you respect others' opinion and keep yourself away from attacking people calling 'Fool' to an internation. Otherwise, people have the good sense and will identify who is real 'FOOL'.
Md.Nurunnabi

Even is we assume in your argument that I am not being respectful, lack of respect does not equal foolishness, they are quite different subjects, in fact I could easily argue that lack of respect for the ignorant is in fact a sign of intelligence. The world has given far too much respect the to loony beliefs of the religious in the false assumption that these beliefs "do no harm". But it doesn't take a long look back in history to see that religion and the belief in gods in general is extremely damaging to man kind. It is time that the reasonable, logical, clear and free thinking people stood up and refused to accept the misguided sophistry of the deluded masses.

MoralAtheist

Aug 16, 2013

Nurunnabi wrote:

Hi dear,

Md.Nurunnabi

and why are you shunning my belief that an invisible spaghetti monster created all that we see? www.venganza.org/about/

Maybe you now are being disrespectful?

On foolishness I refer again to this credible study http://news.yahoo.com/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists--study-finds--113350723.ht ml

This post was edited on: 2013-08-16 at 01:31 AM by: MoralAtheist

Farhad

Aug 16, 2013

MoralAtheist wrote:
"Correct me if I am wrong but arn't the Islamic god and the christian one, one and the same imaginary guy?"

It is always pleasant to clear matters. OK, I will give you an explanation.

According to Islam, most Christians and some Jews God of all Abraham oriented religions is the same but definitely there are different definitions for that same God.

Here, I give you two of the major differences.

1) According to the old Testament,God wrestles with Jakob(God in the shape of man). God gets tired and is not able to win and finally asks Jakob about his (Jakob's) name.

This is not accepted in Islam. According to Islam, God is the most Powerful and the Knowing Decreer.It means that God's power is not comparable with any one else and God knows all things. God never wrestles, does not get tired and does not need to rest and is The Eternal living.

2) According to the Christianity God is the Father.

This is not accepted in Islam. Islam believes that God,
Has no gender
Has not begotten (not a father)
Has not been begotten (not a kid)
Has no equal

Islam presents lots of unique definitions of God. I am preparing a list of them.None of definitions are in contradiction with each other.
Farhad

MoralAtheist

Aug 16, 2013

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:
"Correct me if I am wrong but arn't the Islamic god and the christian one, one and the same imaginary guy?"

According to Islam, most Christians and some Jews God of all Abraham oriented religions is the same but definitely there are different definitions for that same God.

1) According to the old Testament,God wrestles with Jakob(God in the shape of man). God gets tired and is not able to win and finally asks Jakob about his (Jakob's) name.

This is not accepted in Islam. According to Islam, God is the most Powerful and the Knowing Decreer.It means that God's power is not comparable with any one else and God knows all things. God never wrestles, does not get tired and does not need to rest and is The Eternal living.

Has no gender
Has no equal

Islam presents lots of unique definitions of God. I am preparing a list of them.None of definitions are in contradiction with each other.
Farhad

What use are definitions without proof? You have been programmed as a child with false beliefs.. So as was said in The Matrix, would you like the red or the blue pill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4

This post was edited on: 2013-08-16 at 11:25 PM by: MoralAtheist

Farhad

Aug 17, 2013

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

Has no gender
Has no equal

Farhad

What use are definitions without proof? You have been programmed as a child with false beliefs.. So as was said in The Matrix, would you like the red or the blue pill?

Dear,
It was you who wrote: "Oh and really I am sorry but believing in an invisible man in the sky, with absolutely no evidence for it, is foolish!".

My explanations at least prove that many believers do not expect God to be an invisible man in the sky. I respected you and did my best to tell you the definitions for God. I do not expect you to believe in God. You are a free human. Free human may believe or not believe in God.

One more thing: free man never insults.
Farhad

MoralAtheist

Aug 17, 2013

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

MoralAtheist wrote:

Has no gender
Has no equal

Farhad

Dear,
It was you who wrote: "Oh and really I am sorry but believing in an invisible man in the sky, with absolutely no evidence for it, is foolish!".

My explanations at least prove that many believers do not expect God to be an invisible man in the sky. I respected you and did my best to tell you the definitions for God. I do not expect you to believe in God. You are a free human. Free human may believe or not believe in God.

One more thing: free man never insults.
Farhad

Invisible man in the sky is a metaphore.. It's does not matter what you call this invisible supposedly all powerful being.. Without proof it's all just in your and millions of others imagination...

This page http://www.venganza.org/about/ explains my and many many others view of who "god" is. Perhaps you would like to prove to me that this belief is not true?

Oh an where is the insult in my post?

This post was edited on: 2013-08-17 at 01:42 PM by: MoralAtheist

Farhad

Aug 18, 2013

MoralAtheist wrote:
"Oh an where is the insult in my post?"

Dear MoralAtheist,
This is what you wrote in your post:" You have been programmed as a child with false beliefs".
Farhad

Farhad

Aug 18, 2013

To all,
There is no use to call our opponents or the people who do not think or believe like us "fools".

Besides, we will not come to solutions if we do not concentrate on specific issues. Therefore, it seems we shall select specific topics on the existence or non-existence of God.

I will read what MoralAtheist suggests and then come back to the discussion. That is if I am still alive while reading or after reading the material suggested by MoralAtheist.

At this moment, I like to express my view that the title chosen by member the MoralAtheist is a very nice sounding title.
Farhad

MoralAtheist

Aug 19, 2013

farhadmiriany wrote:

To all,
There is no use to call our opponents or the people who do not think or believe like us "fools".

Besides, we will not come to solutions if we do not concentrate on specific issues. Therefore, it seems we shall select specific topics on the existence or non-existence of God.

I will read what MoralAtheist suggests and then come back to the discussion. That is if I am still alive while reading or after reading the material suggested by MoralAtheist.

At this moment, I like to express my view that the title chosen by member the MoralAtheist is a very nice sounding title.
Farhad

Enjoy the reading, I hope that you take it in the spirit it is intended. Thanks for the compliment about my name. I personally would like to live in a post god society, morality can and is taught with out the need for belief in a deity.

The labels we are given as children and the groups we are placed into, religious, national, racial etc, are often used to manipulate us into doing things that as human beings we would not otherwise do. Religion is by definition divisive....

Farhad

Aug 19, 2013

MoralAtheist wrote,
"The labels we are given as children and the groups we are placed into, religious, national, racial, etc., are often used to manipulate us into doing things that as human beings we would not otherwise do. Religion is by definition divisive...."

Dear MoralAtheist,
We will continue our discussion about God later after I read your material.

What you wrote above may be disused briefly (if you don't take us too far).

I know lots of religious people who live happily and long without causing burdens for others and for themselves.
I agree with you that "followers of various religions" have been in all kinds of disputes with other religions and also with atheists (and of course among themselves). Something that has caused loss of life, money and even civilizations throughout history.
I may not be aware of the rules and orders in all religions but I am sure about the rules and orders in Islam.
Islam does not approve attacks and warlike attacks but strongly approves defense. According to Islam, people are either equals in creation or brothers and sisters in faith.
Again, I agree with you that Islamic rulers crossed borders and attacked other nations as did followers of other religions. Almost all religions founded in the Middle East have such records. But, that does not represent the true message of religions followed after Abraham. The true and original message is love, peace and happiness. It was us the human who did not use the true capacities of religions.
As I understand, hate is not a value in real Judaism, Christianity and Islam but unfortunately we see "hate" to be spread by some hard liners of all religions.
Let me take a moment and defend atheists. Atheists are honest people. They simply follow humanly behaviors. They do not seem to be responsible for wars.
MoralAtheist, it seems almost impossible to make atheists out of religious followers and believers out of atheists but that does not mean that we cannot have dialogues at least to foster peace and prevention of hate.
Dialogues among atheists and believers, dialogues among same religions and dialogues among various religions.
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM