TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org


Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureIs there a god?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... 41 42 43  »
Author
Post
Chenty Abu

Joined: Feb 1, 2011
Posts: 113 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Female, 2016
Country: Ghana
Province/State: Northern
City: Tamale
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 5, 2013


MoralAtheist wrote:

What a quite ridiculous train of thought..

The world really is filled with fools, some of us have obviously evolved much further that others...

Just because we have not discovered the mechanism for creating life, this does not mean that a god did it!!! Imagine you had not yet learned how to bake bread, you just had no idea how to make it, would that mean that a supreme being has made it?


What a pity?

Its sure better to be brainwashed than to have no manners!!!


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Chenty PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 5, 2013


mullrae wrote:

Exactly and god is always as nearly all gods and goddesses are portrayed in a human form so unimaginable i think not.In reply to farhad most western countries are more atheist than ever*


At last a voice of reason! cool


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 5, 2013


MoralAtheist wrote:

What a quite ridiculous train of thought..

The world really is filled with fools, some of us have obviously evolved much further that others...

Just because we have not discovered the mechanism for creating life, this does not mean that a god did it!!! Imagine you had not yet learned how to bake bread, you just had no idea how to make it, would that mean that a supreme being has made it?


Bread making needs material. Where is the source of material? Yes, I learned how to make bread but please make me certain what is the source of material to make bread.

Yes, I am a fool that I do not know. Do you know?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 5, 2013


MoralAtheist wrote:

What a quite ridiculous train of thought..

The world really is filled with fools, some of us have obviously evolved much further that others...

Just because we have not discovered the mechanism for creating life, this does not mean that a god did it!!! Imagine you had not yet learned how to bake bread, you just had no idea how to make it, would that mean that a supreme being has made it?


Dear discussant,
It is not hard for any of us to call others fools. But what would be the results? We are all passengers of the planet Earth.You do not have to sit, eat or sleep with the people you call fools but when you start a thread yourself, people expect you to be polite. You know that they may lock the thread if you keep calling others fools.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Joined: Dec 8, 2012
Posts: 218 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 5, 2013

sorry to all offended but god is a copout and when: women support the belief in patriachal claptrap it just compounds problems.cool


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Joined: May 17, 2013
Posts: 39 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Country: Bangladesh
City: Dhaka
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Hi dear,
I am really lucky to have an intelligent scholar like you after many days in my search. This is for the first time, I've found a thread creator who is calling other writers in his thread as 'brainwashed'. Strange! So, dear scholar already I've got much idea about your 'INTELLIGENCE'. Could you please, give me some procedural and logical thoughts which could produce too much ideas to a 'brainwashed' guy like me about the non-existence of God? Looking forward your witty and intelligent argument.
All the best!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Md.Nurunnabi


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Joined: May 17, 2013
Posts: 39 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Country: Bangladesh
City: Dhaka
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Dear MoralAtheist,
Just after reading your writing, I've discovered myself that I live a world which is filled with fools. Thanks God because you are also with us in the world. Believe me, I've the mannerism from my God to respect others' beliefs, thoughts and logic. Hence, my world is full of zest including your attacking term 'FOOL'.
Bless you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Md.Nurunnabi


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Now you seem to be agreeing with me, now you say you don't know, before you said God did it! Which one do you want?


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Are you brainwashed then? I've found through years of trying to save the misguided, or at least help the waivers, a direct approach is most affective, pandering to the deluded is to give there beliefs too much credibility, do we pander to those with other delusions in insane asylums?

Oh and really I am sorry but believing in an invisible man in the sky, with absolutely no evidence for it, is foolish!


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

If this thread is locked, it will be no great loss now will it? See me reply about direct approach above. arg ramen!

This post was edited on: 2013-08-15 at 03:18 PM by: MoralAtheist


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Erm. not possible to prove a negative as you probably know. See www.venganza.org/ This is my religion. my belief of who or what created the universe, when you can disprove mine, I will start believing in yours wink


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

I have no obligation to respect anybodies beliefs... Respect is earned, not just given.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

Oh and by the way sorry for not using the quote button to your replies.. Sure you can work out which is which...


More on foolishness here

http://news.yahoo.com/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists--study-finds--113350723.ht ml


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013


mullrae wrote:

Exactly and god is always as nearly all gods and goddesses are portrayed in a human form so unimaginable i think not.In reply to farhad most western countries are more atheist than ever*


a voice of reason )


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
MoralAtheist

Joined: Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 261 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Australia
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Re: Is there a god?
Aug 15, 2013

ian rae -

a voice of reason )


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile MoralAtheist PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Display posts from:

« BACK TO FORUM

Forum Jump:


Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... 41 42 43  »

All times are GMT-05:00

» Check that you are logged in!

You cannot create new threads in this forum
You cannot post replies in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot edit/delete your posts in this forum
Administrators: angiex, anuriandima84, BeeWall, Fatimamirza09, Liamjod, Quincy-348, shamricardo, smensah
Moderators: danieln25, darhcik, janepe, Liamjod