TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesMillennium Development GoalsOnline Youth Consultation on Migration and Development: Week 3: Managing Migration and Migrant Protection for Human Development Outcomes

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female & 32
Province/State: North Carolina
City: Charlotte
Online Youth Consultation on Migration and Development: Week 3: Managing Migration and Migrant Protection for Human Development Outcomes
Oct 22, 2012

Under contemporary globalization, international mobility has increased, while levels of risk coming from being part of the most vulnerable social group have accelerated.

Despite the fact and the recognition that migrants can build economic, social and, cultural capital that can benefit both their countries of birth as well as their host countries, the overall negative perception of migrants still persists. Thus, of course has a huge effect on the process of successful integration of migrants and social cohesion in the society, which ends up to a vicious circle where migrants, facing marginalization in host countries, can never be expected to become actors who are going to bring development and innovation if they are not provided with the very essential conditions.

Subsequently, a lot of countries in the world are experiencing increasing manifestations of hostility and violence, xenophobia and racism against migrants, refugees, immigrants, even sometimes students and tourists; thus, making the group of migrants as one of the most socially and economically vulnerable groups in the society.

The negative public perception and the lack of migrant protection is for sure not the only challenge of migration. In a considerable number of countries, the governments practice the political rhetoric on illegal migration and some even use increasingly strict barriers on legal migration, yet appears that the same governments informally tolerate irregular migration, especially in low-paid sectors lacking offer of national workers; thus, shifting capital and employment from formal to informal economy, while they officially reinforce controls against “illegal” migrant workers. The effects are, on the one hand, a continued supply of cheap labor, while on the other hand, “illegal” migrants unable to organize in the workplace to defend their dignity and decent work conditions, putting them in sub-standard working conditions, stigmatized and isolated as well from allies and support.

Managing the migration as such and providing protection to one of the most socially vulnerable groups is not the easiest thing to do. The questions is which factors in the society could we use to transform the public perception and at the same time to provide migrant protection and to improve the position of the Migrant Domestic Workers in order to enhance their human development potential, thus leading to improvement of the status and the position of the migrants.

Opinions very welcome:
Please suggest some ideas on enhancing the human development potential as an outcome of migration.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile amunra44 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DANIEL ONYI EBOH

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 39
Re: Online Youth Consultation on Migration and Development: Week 3: Managing Migration and Migrant Protection for Human Development Outcomes
Oct 23, 2012

The only strong factor we can use to transform the public perception of migrants and also protect them is by forcing world governments to inject strong policies into their governance that protect migrants and enable them free access to work any where and travel any where in their host country without being assaulted or harassed.This same policy will go a long way to encourage that migrants are equally employed and hence,their human development potential is realized.These all depend on the government,the department of tourism and the department of immigration in the various world governments.

Member Profile danielonyi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ausrine

Gender & Age: Female, 32
Province/State: North Carolina
City: Charlotte
Re: Online Youth Consultation on Migration and Development: Week 3: Managing Migration and Migrant Protection for Human Development Outcomes
Nov 12, 2012

Thank you all, who have participated.

This topic is now closed!

Thanks,
Ausrine
[moderator of the consultation]

Member Profile amunra44 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
kalele

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Central
City: Kampala
Aug 8, 2014

Dear Friend
I have been told by different sources that your organization has been known to sponsor worthy causes like this up coming project on global giving.
I know the thought of turning to strangers like you for help is beyond my experience, but your group has a well- Known reputation of thoughtfulness and kindness.
Please consider this request with my gratitude and look at the project on http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/youth-offseason-vegetable-growing-project/
Or http://goto.gg/17826
Any donation towards this project will be used to implement project activities
Help spread the word of this upcoming project
Thanks for your time and consideration
Ronald

Member Profile Mulonde PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
CaptainBlack

Province/State: Fujian
City: Hochi
Sep 23, 2014

=======>WELCOME TO MY BUSINESS<========

We are member of Anonymous independent . We organize activities together. Our job is to find and hack shop online. Attack banks through technical fault, so we have a lot Credit card and bank account. In addition, we use tools to hack MTCN. Please contact us, we are sure you will change your life. Contact us now if you want anything .

And I think that you need to know some information about our work and its price prior contact with us or you can visit our website for more :

Our Site : http://cb505020.wix.com/worldblack
Our ICQ : 660873348
Our G-mail : CaptainBlack.505020@gmail.com

Member Profile TomyBlack PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
dumps

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

City: Abidjan
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, I'm seller cvv, paypal, dumps track 1 & 2 with bin, bank login ... and more
My business reputation seriously. So, I'm looking for Business customers can stick long with me
I guarantee everything I sell good, I guarantee them for you, if there are any not good, I would replace.

Contact me :

+Email gmail : dumps1960@gmail.com
+ICQ : 680552059

Member Profile dumps1960 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
TRACK2

Poster Rank: Talkative

City: Cairo
Feb 8, 2016

SELL DUMPS TRACK 2 ,USA ,EUROPE,ASIA,MEXIC,BRAZIL,JAPAN,KOREA,CONTACT ICQ:627672888

Member Profile TRACK2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELL CVV UK US AU EU good, ICQ:686858468 DUMP WITH PIN (AU,FR,EU,JP) ATM cash, WEB: sellcardcvv.wordpress.com ICQ : 686858468 Sell CVV - DUMPS WITH PIN (US,CA,UK,AU,FR,EU,JP...) ATM cash, Cvv Fullz Info, Ship Iphone Ipad, Macbook Hello Customers and Pa
Feb 17, 2016

SELL CVV UK US AU EU good, ICQ:686858468 DUMP WITH PIN (AU,FR,EU,JP) ATM cash, WEB: sellcardcvv.wordpress.com

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
TRACK2

City: Cairo
Feb 26, 2016

|SELL DUMPS TRACK 2 |SELL CVV |ICQ:627672888|
USA,EUROPE,ASIA,MEXIC,BRAZIL,JAPAN,KOREA,UK.
*PAYMENT METHODS:Bitcoin
101blackcard.net
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
http://101blackcard.net/

Member Profile TRACK2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
goodsellerccc

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELLCVV.CO Sell Good CVV CC US UK ICQ-686858468 Dumps Pin bank login wu transfer.
Mar 3, 2016

good

Member Profile goodsellerccc PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM