TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & ConflictOngoing brutality in West Papua

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Ongoing brutality in West Papua
Aug 29, 2012

I would like to know how many people out there are aware of the ongoing issue in West Papua from the Indonesian government. West Papua is an island nation just north of Australia and right next to Papua New Guinea.

The ongoing killings, mass murdering,shooting and toturing the life's of the indigenous people is a never ending one.

Please have a look at the attached link, read and share with your friends, colleagues, and families and let them know about the ongoing cries and human right abuses in this part of the world.

Please share with us, what you think about the issue and also tell us what you think should be done.

http://freewestpapua.org/

This post was edited on: 2012-08-29 at 12:42 PM by: Joël Kalpram

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joël Kalpram

Re: Ongoing brutality in West Papua
Jul 4, 2013

It's almost a year and yet no one posts here.... this is shocking!

Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Jul 4, 2013

Dear Joel,
If this area was strategic for the Western Super Powers as Syria is, we would hear how human rights is violated and armies of volunteers would be willing to free West Papua as they are pretending to do in Syria. Armies supported by either the oil money of rich oil producing regions or the tax money of super industrialized regions or both. But since West Papua currently has no importance for theses powers, we the tig members, also did not recognize that why we are here.

We are here for fostering peace in the best possible solutions and to make sure people and minorities are safe and secure as well as being free. I myself feel ashamed for my negligence. Yes, you are truly right when you write it is shocking. It is indeed too shocking.

As I see there are cultural differences between Indonesian Ruling System and West Papua but that does not permit the Indonesian Government to disrespect the local culture and behavior. Further, torturing people and making them to leave their homeland is a crime. If I were you, I would have prepared a petition to the United Nations. Indonesia is responsible for the safety of minorities. There are ways for independence too if UN takes serious steps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joël Kalpram

Apr 22, 2014

Dear Farhad,

Many thanks for your response to this post.
You're so right!

There are already number of petitions created by different organizations and groups regarding the West Papuan issues so I am not re-creating another petition.

It is very much is, that response from the top (UN) down approach is what's urgently needed!.

This post was edited on: 2014-04-22 at 10:43 AM by: Joël Kalpram

Diallo DelaVega

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Queensland
City: Brisbane
Jun 3, 2017

Aren't West Papuans Indonesian by citizenship?

The best form of resistance is from the inside. Rather than fight the Indonesian government; it is best to join the government and win rights for their people.

The Indonesian government will never allow a part of it to secede and foreign state actors aren't bothered enough to play more than lip-service.

Member Profile uchvega PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM