FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: US Drone Strikes
Jun 7, 2012

Dear Prieten47,
I am sure nobody mixes up Taliban with Mujahideen including me. The difference between us is that you have come to know them through Wikipedia (as you mention) but we are in the region. Actually, the first Taliban minded person I met was in 1977. I was sailing with him and we were discussing for one week. To us, Taliban is not only a group of Afghan armed guerillas. To us, Taliban are new hard liners born by Vahabbies of Saudi Arabia which the wealth and money of some Saudi nationals and unfortunately arms of the United States gave them physical power. The physical power that eventually began harming not only the region but also the supporters.
To sum up. Let us put away our opinions about the origins of Taliban and for some time we discuss about the Drones.
OK. You agree with Drones and I do not. Let us examine our positions about why I disagree.
According to our beliefs, no innocent person is to be punished for someone else’s faults. If a Taliban leader is the target but besides that leader, the innocent wife and children and servants get killed, I do not see it justified. Who does?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mohammad Ali

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Sindh
City: Karachi
Jun 7, 2012

Northman wrote:

I find I'm in agreement with you again Farhad, and I think Joubert said it best -"The purpose of debate is not victory, but progress."

When we attempt to preserve our opinions in the face of contrary evidence, we have to sweep all other opinions off the table before laying down our own.

I'm not familiar with Wikipedia, but my son, who is at university, tells me that like the curate's egg, it is good in parts. He is not allowed to use its content for serious research.

Mohammad, thank you for confirming some of my thoughts from your position near the centre of this conflict.
I think Sindh must be a few hundred miles south of the Tribal Region, so hopefully your area is not directly affected by drones?

I'd be very interested to hear how it feels to be subjected to these acts of aggression by a foreign power. What are people saying on the streets?
My main source of information on a daily basis, is the BBC, which I find to be biased in favour of war, and unreliable.

Thank you for the concern Kerry, and yes it's true that i myself am pretty much unharmed by the conflict. As for the general view of the public, I've pretty much been mimicking it. The people repeatedly point out, that for every Taliban leader that dies, you have at least two dozen civilian deaths. Which leads me to my original point. The drone strikes actually lead to people flocking to the Taliban in droves.
As for all this nonsense about the Mujahideen and the Taliban being completely different; How exactly do you think a bunch of illiterate sheep herders, learned to use stinger SAM's, and gained the know-how to wage war against a superpower? Yes, The Taliban, tehreek-e-Taliban, Al-Qaeda and Mujahideen are different organizations, but they come from the same cut of people.
Had the US not funded the Mujahideen, the Islamist movements would have been much weaker, as they usually have been in history.
The people in Pakistan like to sardonically point out, that the US obviously has had a history of success against guerrilla armies (Vietnam reference), and that the taliban are, in truth, too few, and far in between to be a serious threat, at least in Pakistan. The fastest way to eradicate them would be to ostracize them further, and suffocate them of supporters, which is kind of difficult, when their point about the US being oppressors and satanists is now being taken as truth by the people who suffer from the drone strikes.

Member Profile ScourgeOfHell PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kerry Burns

Poster Rank: Talkative

City: Lancaster
Neo-Con Drone Strikes
Jun 7, 2012

Thanks Mohammad, I find your information very helpful, and in reading it, the thought occurs to me that I have some guilt here, concerning the correct identification of hostile forces.

I have a tendency to talk of American action, when in fact I mean the actions of a small group of Neo-Cons, who hold the reins of government, but not necessarily posts in the government.

They serve the interests of big business, and everything else is subservient to that.
Because they represent multi-national concerns, the national boundaries which we observe are often irrelevant to them, and therefore confusing for us.
Their loyalty is not to any nation, but to themselves.
Their command structure is not in the open.

I would like to visit some parts of America very much, there is such a lot there to admire -- so in addition to discriminating between Afghani freedom fighters, I shall try not to blame all of America for the sins of the Neo-Cons.

Farhad, I've strayed from the point, but your question brings us back. Who could justify indiscriminate murder, by the death of an occasional "Terrorist."

For some of us, the question goes even further -- is it worse to kill, or be killed?
To kill another would seriously retard the progress I am (hopefully) making through a series of incarnations. It would be a big problem on a large scale.

To have one incarnation terminated by a killer would be a big problem on a small scale, and no detriment to my progress.

This is why I feel that looking at life from the point of view of one's spirit, offers the best hope for peace.
We cannot hurt others without hurting ourselves.

Member Profile Northman PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kathryn Sabo

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Jun 7, 2012

This thread will be locked for one week.
Please review the Discussion Board guidelines [link="http://www.tigweb.org/community/db/guidelines.html"]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Kat Sabo

Member Profile KathrynSabo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Dec 16, 2014

This thread was supposed to be closed for one week but it took more than two years.
Drone Strikes are continuing while we witness it did not weaken Taliban. It might have even given Taliban excuses to continue their non-human acts.

Again we realize, terrorism can not be banned by blind attacks.
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2014-12-16 at 01:01 PM by: Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
TRACK2

City: Cairo
Feb 26, 2016

I am legit seller icq 627672888-sell dumps usa 101,201 now 101blackcard.net[link="http://101blackcard.net/"]
http://101blackcard.net/

Member Profile TRACK2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
goodsellerccc

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELL Fresh CVV CC US UK ICQ-686858468 Dumps Pin CVV2016.wordpress.com DUMP Pin
Feb 27, 2016

good

Member Profile goodsellerccc PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
SELLCVV.CO Best seller CVV CC USA UK ICQ#686858468 Dumps Pin
Mar 4, 2016

good

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jgaldnik

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: California
City: Fremont
Mar 21, 2016

Well I'm going to take the opposite side and say that I am OK with drone strikes. I think they are targeted to specific individuals and the drone isn't putting any troop lives in danger so it's a win for the US. Just my thought
Jen Galdnik - Rideshareowl co-founder
See some of my work here: http://rideshareowl.com/uber-vehicle-requirements/

Member Profile jgaldnik PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM