Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Arizona
City: Tucson
Human and Sex Trafficing
Apr 6, 2012

I am new to TIG. We are using this site for our Reading 112 class in college for my final exam. Yikes! smile
So my topic is on Human and Sex Trafficing, and the effect it has on the servivors and society. I am still researching but what I have found so far is unreal!
The abolition of slave trade began in the 1700s in Great Britian, it took them over 30 years to pass a law to end slave trade. Because of the money envolved this act of inhuman violence was tolerated, and still is today. Makeing this a criminal act and unconstitutional in several countries.
Feedback please?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile cjcarpenter PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kathryn Sabo

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Human and Sex Trafficing
Apr 11, 2012

hey! there is a thread already started about Human Trafficking! you should check it out: [link="http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/80669"]

Human trafficking affects nearly everyone in the world on some level, whether it be completely obvious, or by a certain degree of separation.

Human trafficking is not limited to the sex trade, it is also connected with child labour, industries of mass production, not just in third world countries.

For instance, the cocoa trade; every year up to 200 000 children are kept on cocoa plantations in the Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Major chocolate companies buy the raw products of the world trade markets where chocolate from the Ivory Coast and Ghana make up approximately 50% raw product available to make chocolate.

Slavery is all over the world and affects countires one might not think to have human trafficking (besides teh sex trade). The US Department of Health and services estimates that 42% of the more or less seventeen thousand people trafficked into the United States each year are forced to work in factories, on farms or as domestic labour.

Our daily choices, regardless og how small could have a massive impact on human trafficking. Probably the best way to try and combat this major issue is to ask question and be aware of where our food, clothing and other resources are coming from. Choosing fair-trade products is a step we can take to stop the devastion of human trafficking.

-Kat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Kat Sabo

Member Profile KathrynSabo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Apr 18, 2012

Poverty is the major cause and reason behind sex traffic. You may notice Eastern and southern European girls and African and Asian girls working as sex objects in the West and North West of Europe. Sex traffic is now very modern. Girls either drive or take above average transport to reach the destination. When you review the causes, it is not loving sex but it is mostly due to unemployment and the poverty resulting from unemployment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Robert Meyer

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Ontario
City: Hamilton
Apr 27, 2012

I've moved this to the Human Rights board, where it is better suited.

Member Profile RobertM PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM