TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentHow to Reduce/Eliminate Animal Slaughter

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Utah
City: Holladay
Re: How to Reduce/Eliminate Animal Slaughter
Aug 22, 2013

Killing animals or plants for fun or just because we have the power is neither rational nor ethical. Rather we should take care of them. I am a vegetarian personally and I am against animal slaughter.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile cashone PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Sep 19, 2013

cashone wrote:

Killing animals or plants for fun or just because we have the power is neither rational nor ethical. Rather we should take care of them. I am a vegetarian personally and I am against animal slaughter.

We have no rights to harm animals. But according to traditions in human civilization and also some faiths, using specified animals for agriculture, transportation, watchdog (using dogs for protection and cats for threatening mice,etc..,), and consuming meat is suggested.

It seems pretty difficult to make all people vegetarian.There is still a discussion whether vegetarianism could solve human consumption problems (I am also a supporter of vegetarianism)? However, it seems we can come to solutions and compromise. Huge consumptions of red meat seem to be useless and leading to many health problems but a certain amount of red meat (far below the average use of super industrial communities), seems to be necessary for amino acids requirements in human body.

As I understand, the current amount of animal slaughter could be lowered.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Sep 27, 2013

Reduction/total elimination can be possible if the population can give up eating non veg stuff. But that is totally unacceptable to the society. That is why one can practice not to buy animal skin based on leather good or clothes, to demotivate leather industry. Also killing animal for the sake of skin, horns or tooth are totally unacceptable, strong laws should come up on their killing. To get best transcription service under affordable rate, visit http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
May 16, 2014

radeglom wrote:

The worlds meatpacking industry is dominated by a handful of corporations that process massive quantities of meat in huge plants. As a result of inadequate food safety standards and lax inspection practices by the USDA, these corporations are able to operate unsanitary facilities and send out meat contaminated with dangerous bacteria. These facilities are also extremely dangerous, and meat-packing is among the most hazardous jobs in the nation.

http://www.sustainabletable.org

Implementing standards for the safety of food including meat is necessary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Anna Huval

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Breaux Bridge
Feb 23, 2015

I, however, am not a vegetarian but I completely agree with what you are saying and how it is not okay for animals to be tortured and killed for absolutely no reason. One of the big issues in regard to animal rights that I am against is animal testing. The procon.org organization stated that, “An estimated 26 million animals are used every year in the United States for scientific and commercial testing.” That is 26 million innocent animals having needles stuck in them, having chemicals put on their fur, etc. Think about this being done to to you but you not being able to speak against it. These animals have no way to defend themselves or fights for what they believe in or even against people testing on them. It is inhumane and very cruel to these animals because they have no voice. Although it helps scientists and researchers to find vaccinations and many life changing discoveries, there is still no explanation to the moral aspect of the rights of these animals. There are other alternative testing methods that could be used rather than the testing on animals. Also, animals and humans are very different; therefore testing on an animal could produce results that may not work on humans because of the difference of the cells and genetic makeup. Animal tests are very expensive and most testing units cost more than alternative testing methods, and an experimenter may not even come up with the expected results; leading to a complete waste of money and an innocent life of an animal to be taken. It is wrong. There is no question about it. Animals feel pain and have feeling just as humans do and just because they are not considered to be equal, does not mean that it is morally acceptable to conduct inhumane experiments on the creatures.

Member Profile annahuval PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM