Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Indiana
City: New Albany
Reading
Dec 4, 2011

What have we com to in this world that most people can not idenifty a word that is more than six letters.shocked I have rencently helped out our local YMCA with this problem by giving the kids that have to stay in the little day care there more books and a bookshelf that I built. Comment if you see this problem more and more.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile eascharre PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Haley

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: New Jersey
City: Williamstown
Re: Reading
Apr 29, 2012

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I grew up with reading- every night my mother would read to my sister and I, and eventually we both grew to love reading even more. But it seems that more and more people my age just aren't interested in reading. All they want to do is go on the computer, or watch tv, or play xbox. Or wii. Or whatever other video games they prefer. But in my opinion there's NOTHING better than finishing a really great ending to a book.

Member Profile hmw102 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
OzkannEliff

Feb 14, 2013

Reading is really important task in education. If you read, you can learn everything but unless you read, you can't learn anything. Reading is a realxing activity i think. Some books are really well but i agree some books are too boring. Unfortunately some people don't like reading but it is really useful for themselves. We should believe us and read a lot of books. Take care everyone ! wink

Member Profile OzkannEliff PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Gender & Age: Male, 33
City: Dhaka
Jul 15, 2013

It's a very good discussion over reading. I much appreciate the scholars attitude and comments over reading.
Reading is one of the most important skills among the four skills in any language. It's a great impact in academic life in Bangladesh. In fact, in most of the schools practice this skill widely in the classroom. The teachers follow the two ways of practicing it: 1. Silent reading 2. Loud reading. Many skilled teachers sometimes divide the silent reading into three subsections e.g. i. Skimming ii. Scanning iii. Infer meaning.
Anyway, every reading has a purpose. For this reason, teachers set some activities before reading any topic or story in Bangladeshi class. However, there may be exception also.
So, to me the purpose of reading enhance the effectiveness of reading.
Thank you and bless you all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Md.Nurunnabi

Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Robin Williams

Province/State: Utah
City: Holladay
Aug 12, 2013

Realization of reading is important. Once you know reading habit is good for you and your children, start it in your family. You habit will influence others.

Member Profile cashone PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Sep 10, 2013

Reading out helps to learn many things at ease rather then watching it. Reading hold true importance & meaning in everybody's life, else most of us would have been illiterate.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
raygmurphy

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Cordoba
City: Washington
Mar 22, 2016

Reading opens up your mind. Generally reading gives you a little more information than seeing something visually like on TV or a movie.
It's a very good way to pass the time, to relax your mind. All you need is a book or content (this could be on the monitor too) that interests you.

Member Profile raygmurphy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
EricRomm

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: California
City: Los Angeles
Sep 6, 2016

Reading is one skill that you cannot do away with. It's there anywhere you go. Be it books, essays, blogs, poems, stories or even legal contracts.
Reading is an important skill that is tested heavily in your SATs and ACTs. If you're not a good reader, you cannot be a good writer as well.
So that's why reading is the primary thing that's taught in schools.

Member Profile EricRomm PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
alexbret

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Jun 5, 2017

Learning to read is a sequential process; each new skill builds on the mastery of previously learned skills. Early on, for example, children learn to break down words into their most basic sounds in a process called decoding. dissertation help UK
Later, they begin to comprehend the meaning of words, sentences and, ultimately, entire passages of text.

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-06-05 at 12:08 AM by: Alex Bret

Member Profile alexbret PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
peterkevinn198

Province/State: Chelyabinsk
City: Uk
Aug 2, 2017

The writer has made a dazzling article. You made you show up and no trade about. No ifs ands or buts this specific reality that you can not fight with the fact of the matter is not wide, everything has its key case. A dedication of gratefulness is all together for this information. Further More Details About Case-Study. Click Our Link.

Member Profile peterkevinn198 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ashleybensonn

Province/State: New York
City: New York
Sep 14, 2017

This is a to a remarkable degree enlightening 6DollarEssay article. I aside from accepting as true with your post title and also you certainly properly define your standpoint. I'm strikingly flooding to peer this post. A determination of gratefulness is with an unequivocal obsession for enjoyable us. hold it up and share the greater most associated publish.

Member Profile ashleybensonn PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM