FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
Education
Oct 24, 2011

Why do you think most of the students in developing world are not learning?? They just have theoretical knowledge but cannot actually apply them!!

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile akshyata PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: Education
Oct 25, 2011

One single major difference in training is the wide use of hardware in the developed world.
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Akshyata Uprety

Oct 26, 2011

Yes, but do you think the education system is also responsible? I mean the rote-learning process..

Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Oct 26, 2011

Yes

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gphochiminh-sam

Gender & Age: Male, 16
City: Ho Chi Minh City
Nov 5, 2011

I think they are not taking there homeworks,lazy and they don't have responsibility.shocked

Member Profile gphochiminh-sam PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Akshyata Uprety

Nov 6, 2011

Maybe!! but well this does not apply to every one. The trend is that the more homework you get, better is the knowledge you gain.. and homeworks are piled up 'written assignments'- no practical researches. People might obviously find it boring.. smile

sharwani

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Nov 11, 2011

Being from a developing country myself, what i have seen is even if you are good with grades, at the end of the day when it comes to real KNOWLEDGE..there isnt much that you have achieved. The whole concept of parrot reading and the trend of confining and ENCOURAGING the students to rote learn the academic/course book alone has led to this.

I mean what can you possibly learn or how can you expect to compete with this global world with just the knowledge you have gained from handful of books.

Moreover the other factor that bothers me is that the BOOKS (course) here in my place are not actually context or time relevant. I mean just for an example (it could well be an exaggeration but im just trying to reflect my point here)- You cannot expect a student from a village (with no proper electricty) to learn and understand COMPUTERS which again is one of the pre-requisite to todays society, so naturally the student will have a void or let say an incomplete education compared to his age counterparts in the city and privileged area of the world.

So there is a need to revise the current trend of education system in countries as such and put in effort to improve the access of people to the REAL EDUCATION that the time demands...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
"Sharwani"

The ultimate test of man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.—Gaylord Nelson

Member Profile sharwani PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Akshyata Uprety

Nov 11, 2011

Thank you so much for the answer! It indeed was very informative. So what do you think is it with the government's attention regarding education system?

Well,I guess the government has not yet been able to realize the significance of "education" and hence, has not also done anything to adhere whatever the students actually need to acknowledge..

sharwani

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Nov 12, 2011

yes, i agree to you
n regarding the effort of government in this regard, some changes have been made to revise the curriculum n stuffs like that but again larger effort goes to vain because of the negligence on the part of IMPLEMENTATION..

and good lord how could i forget those days of carrying heavy book loads to school.. out here it was like heavier the better...but yes it has now changed to larger extent.. i mean now they have accepted different techniques of teaching.. though still less in number, thje efforts gotta be appreciated..all i can say is the perception of school authorities the parents have changed to larger extent.. of course much needs to be done for those in government schools because of socio-economic factors and politicization of education.. so lets hope for the best.. like they say "better late than never" so fingers crossed..hopes high smile
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
"Sharwani"

The ultimate test of man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.—Gaylord Nelson

Member Profile sharwani PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
chijinco

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Anambra
City: Awka
Nov 18, 2011

the answer is simple,the students in that partof the world lack the opportunity to experience instructive education...always paper work with little or no practicals

Member Profile chijinco PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daniel Ng

Province/State: Ontario
City: Markham
May 8, 2012

There are many different factors affecting the effectiveness of education, and I believe they are all equally important. First and foremost, I think developing countries often lack the resources to provide comprehensive structures for everyone who wants an education. There are limited opportunities, and those who are less fortunate (ex. live too far away, low-income, disabled) are often left out of the education system. Even if one has access to an education, he/she might not necessarily have the materials or technologies to maximize the experience.

I also agree with sharwani that nowadays education seems to be very theoretical and disconnected from the real world. This is evident in the developed world as well. Students who come out of school often do not feel like they are trained to perform practical tasks. I think that there must be more collaborations between educational institutions and organizations/companies/employers to develop strategies and experiences that will let students know what to expect in the work place.

We should also remember that education is a very subjective notion. What is a good education? Is it to have memorized all the math equations in the world? To have analyzed every Shakespeare play? To have understood all the climatic phenomena in the world? There is so much more to education and learning than just school, and we must recognize that we acquire knowledge through informal learning and day-to-day work as well. One might not be able to go to school for a formal education, but if he/she grows up at a farm and knows all about the mechanics of farming, he/she is still very knowledgeable. I think the focus of our current education thinking is often too emphasized on formal education. Opportunities on informal learning and engagement should also be explored and developed.

Member Profile danieln25 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sharub

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Other, 27
Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Nairobi
Jul 16, 2012

environmental influence has a challenge in education system for the most of developing countries. And also we have poor concentration in education, here what i mean is that the developing countries consider more in MONEY rather than education.

Member Profile sharub PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Esther

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Luzern
City: Luzern
Jul 17, 2012

Education is very vital to every individual. To achieve the required standard for quality education, all sectors in a particular country should do their part to support the dreams of every students.
imi-luzern

Member Profile reyesesther321 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Akshyata Uprety

Jul 22, 2012

Certainly! so how can we bring about change in the attitude of teachers, parents and students as well?

OzkannEliff

Feb 14, 2013

Education is the one of the most important thing of our life. Education is really best way for people can improve themselves. Unfortunately some areas aren't suitable for education so some people can't improve themselves. But it's a fact and it's really a bad condition for our world. I hope one day everyone can improve themselves enough... sad

Member Profile OzkannEliff PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM