Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female & 31
Climate Change impatcs
Aug 29, 2011

I am leading a survey with a few peasants in a tropical temperature Where they usually put in culture corn, sorghum, beans and so one. However it turns out that the climate has changed so much that the cultivators could not take into account the traditional signs (such as rain season) to base their production.
Those poor people were throwing their investments out without understanding what it's happening. One of them went to told me that he was giving up. He has invested all the money he had and got a credit from a neighbor but he was unable to honor his credit. He's thinking to leave his house and family to go somewhere to work he does not know yet.

How long will that take to solve that problem?
Where the appropriate solution will come from?
crying

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile CharlesDaphnee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Keshav Saini

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Re: Climate Change impatcs
Sep 24, 2011

what a co-incidence!! I just finished my article on Impacts of Climate Change - What may happen??

One thing is for sure that we are already too late to curb climate change. But we can reduce the further damage by stablizing carbon emissions.

I am linking my post here. Might be useful

Impacts of Climate Change: Why be Concerned?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Environment, Environmental Blog

This post was edited on: 2011-09-24 at 02:30 PM by: Environment About

Member Profile eabout PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Robin Williams

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Utah
City: Holladay
Oct 7, 2011

The impacts of climate change may be physical, ecological, social or economic. It is predicted that future climate changes will include further global warming means there is an increase in global mean temperature, sea level rise and may increase in the frequency of some extreme weather events. The global ocean temperature has risen by 0.10 °C from the surface to a depth of 700 m, warming reduces the ocean's ability to absorb CO2 which results in increase temperature of atmosphere and also cause adverse effect on its ecosystem.

Member Profile cashone PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Julia

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Dec 5, 2012

The most visible impact that Global Warming has had on the world is climate changes.
In my AP Environmental Sciences class last year, we learned about how the climates will shift.
For decades the United States, and the Mid-west have been known as the "bread basket of the world' due to their mass amounts of food production. The climate in the United States is almost ideal for food production. There is an abundance of flat land in the south and mid-west with extremely fertile land that is perfect for growing food. The temperature is also perfect for growing grains like wheat and other food.
However, due to global warming the climate is shifting. Over the next few decades the ideal temperatures that lie in the United States will shift upwards into Canada. This creates a problem because Canada's soil is not as rich in nutrients like the United States. This means that food production will decrease and the world may experience food shortages, unless we can solve the problem.

Member Profile jaman1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DTK

Dec 18, 2012

This is a serious issue and something has to change for it to become better or go back to the way life use to be with everyone in every country before damaging climate change started.

Member Profile DTK PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dakira

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

I agree because the climate change is effecting the farming and soon there would be no more plants because of the major impact of global warmings.

Member Profile Siimplykiira PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dashawn

Dec 18, 2012

i dont know.

Member Profile DashawnM1121 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Phillip Young

Poster Rank:

Dec 18, 2012

I agree the climate is changing drastically and its not getting better

Member Profile Phill1228 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Mar 21, 2014

Implementing AGENDA 21 could be the best solution suggested by contemporary human.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Patience Weiland

Province/State: Texas
City: Dallas
Apr 1, 2014

Chaos...climate change is leading to that, and some people are to be blame for their selfishness.

Member Profile patienceweilan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Andenyi

Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Nairobi
May 15, 2014

Interesting and informative link.

Member Profile andenyi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Jul 29, 2014

eabout wrote:

what a co-incidence!! I just finished my article on Impacts of Climate Change - What may happen??

One thing is for sure that we are already too late to curb climate change. But we can reduce the further damage by stablizing carbon emissions.

I am linking my post here. Might be useful

Impacts of Climate Change: Why be Concerned?
Environment, Environmental Blog

This post was edited on: 2011-09-24 at 02:30 PM by: Environment About

Excellent. I read it.
Farhad

Farhad

Jul 29, 2014

CharlesDaphnee wrote:

I am leading a survey with a few peasants in a tropical temperature Where they usually put in culture corn, sorghum, beans and so one. However it turns out that the climate has changed so much that the cultivators could not take into account the traditional signs (such as rain season) to base their production.
Those poor people were throwing their investments out without understanding what it's happening. One of them went to told me that he was giving up. He has invested all the money he had and got a credit from a neighbor but he was unable to honor his credit. He's thinking to leave his house and family to go somewhere to work he does not know yet.

How long will that take to solve that problem?
Where the appropriate solution will come from?

Farmers are almost the first people who experience the applied impacts of climate change. Yes, the bad news is that they give up. Then who is going to produce food?
Individual governments and the UN are to implement the environmental resolutions right-away and without delay
Farhad

Farhad

Jul 29, 2014

patienceweilan wrote:

Chaos...climate change is leading to that, and some people are to be blame for their selfishness.

I doubt that it is only some people. Institutions and organizations who are well aware of consequences but still struggle for more power and money without observing that our planet is fading away.
Farhad

Katie

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Nov 19, 2014

There are many negative factors that contribute to the climate change and especially its effects on health. The release of CO2 and other greenhouse gasses in the last 50 years is connected to the increase of infectious diseases and moralities (WHO, 2014). The consistent change in the earth's climate is directly influencing poor health on humans due to the extremes of weather like flooding, heavy rain and other natural disasters; these disasters are causing a number of deaths because individuals just cannot survive these conditions. It is also causing the transmission of contaminants in our water and food that is affecting human health poorly with infectious diseases that are debilitating and deadly (WHO, 2012). sad

Member Profile katie0889 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM