TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesGlobalizationYouth vs Austerity Measures 2011

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 35
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Youth vs Austerity Measures 2011
Aug 15, 2011

In 2011, the Global Economic Crisis has been the backdrop to a battleground between government-imposed austerity measures (which calls for tax increases for the middle and working classes and tax cuts for the rich), and youth from Cairo to Spain, Greece to North Africa, who oppose these measures. What affect do you think these austerity measures will have on youth? How do you feel about actions taken by youth so far? Will it be enough to get governments to listen?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile senahussain PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
saad omari

Poster Rank:

Re: Youth vs Austerity Measures 2011
Aug 16, 2011

The goverments have not done it appropriately,errors in economy are man made,our goverments lack mechanisms to make the economy an efficienty one and this is possibly brought about selfishness and extreme corruption that makes it imposible to implement what was planned.The youth reaction to this is not that much satisfactory but we have to develop the beter ways to handle the matters and not just ending in strikes and demostrations which sometimes put our lives at risk.

Member Profile addendum PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tyrone Hall

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: District of Columbia
City: Washington
Aug 17, 2011

Youth are disproportionately affected by unemployment, so many have featured in the resent protests. The continued slashing of budgets ought to be mindful of this. BY that I mean, programmes that would otherwise secure youth jobs ought to be cut with caution. Younger workers are more vulnerable during economic crises because we have less experience etc. If a segmente dof society is already disproportionately affected by an issue like unemployment and underemployment, that set of people ought to be given extra consideration in austere times, because budget cuts do shrink economic activity and cause further joblessness.

Member Profile 876 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ruthibelle

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Aug 29, 2011

I agree with Tyrone's point. In Britain, for e.g., 18.4% of the youth population is neither in employment, education or training (called the NEET). It is this group that was rioting most because their gov't had taken austerity measures that created cutbacks in career services, the discontinuation of the Education Maintenance Allowance, lessening youth apprenticeships, and spurred an already growing crisis of disempowerment, dissatisfaction and unemployment among youth. So they rioted.

Now I don't believe violence is ever an ideal answer to any problem. In difficult times, everyone has to make a sacrifice - it's inevitable. What I don't get is the rationale for further exploiting already impoverished people, and giving the wealthy more tax breaks ...

Member Profile ruthibelle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jane Pervoi

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken
Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Jul 11, 2012

I agree completely with the previous post. It is unfortunate that people have to turn to violence to get their point across as they feel helpless in their circumstances. Sacrifices should be avoided in areas such as apprenticeship. It is only worsening their conditions.

Member Profile janepe PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
b

Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Alberta
City: Calgary
Sep 14, 2012

with all the respect, all age groups are hurt somehow by austerity.
the problem is wrong concept and wrong corporates taxing and lack of regulations to control the greedy corporate executive culture .
US is taking the world to a ride again, by printing money and continuing to bubble their over consumption, and main thing they are doing is deflating their way out of their debt by depreciating their currency ie printing paper and buying real companies and currencies arround the world.
Solution is complex, maybe i time that germany and china and canada will lead in a very different way

Member Profile verilogeng PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ayodeji Victor, Bolorunduro

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 41
Aug 28, 2013

I believe the youth can do much more than revolting or protesting. I subscribe to youth brainstorming on issues that will aid the development of their individual countries. Lets be more proactive. We should provide alternative answers aside from just protesting.

Member Profile ayodejivic PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DUMP_VERIFIED

Province/State: Luxembourg
City: Ny
Jan 6, 2016

ICQ:658684180 SELL GOOD CC + DUMPS +WU + BANK TRANSFER + MSR + SHIP..

- I really need good buyer and honest business for a long time , I have good software for hack credit card and dumps track

SELL DUMPS TRACK 1/2 , CODE 101 - 201 , BIN BUSINESS , PLATINUM ...AND I HAVE SELL SOFTWARE

Este aporte fue editado en: 2016-01-06 at 11:51 PM by: DUMP_VERIFIED

Member Profile DUMP_VERIFIED PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
TRACK2

City: Cairo
Feb 26, 2016

|SELL DUMPS TRACK 2 |SELL CVV |ICQ:627672888|
USA 101 -201
EUROPE,ASIA,MEXIC,BRAZIL,JAPAN,KOREA,UK.
*PAYMENT METHODS:Bitcoin
101blackcard.net
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
http://101blackcard.net/

Member Profile TRACK2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM