Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 22
The effects of media
Jun 1, 2011

Do you think that media has a negative effect on people? Do you think that media has a positive effect? Please tell what you think! smile

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile simplyrawgirl PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Esther

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Coast
City: Mombasa
Re: The effects of media
Jun 30, 2011

it has both effectsshockedne the neggative side is the mind control and this comes out especially when their is a politicall breakdowne in a country and the public looks up to the media to convey harmonious messeges to control peace to avoide any forms of comotions among the public by airing possitive and calming news but it saddens when media houses take sides on political issues divding the country along the lines of destructions and ethnicity this is one among many negative effects of media houses...again it has it possitive effect when it broadcasts live and necked truth to the satisfaction of the public.

Member Profile Haddassah PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Taylor English

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Feb 9, 2012

I think that media has mainly a negative affect on people, though there are some positive aspects of media, which would consist of convenient ways of getting things advertised or spreading the word about something (positive things, of course). The media promotes too much garbage into the minds of youth, brainwashing them into thinking there is one image out there for them and that they should be it, when that's not the case at all. I blame the media for youth lacking self esteem.

Member Profile tayenglish PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Transcription Certification Institute

Province/State: California
City: Irvine
Feb 27, 2012

Media is known as one of the strong pillars of Democracy. It has a great impact on society and affect how their audiences think and behave.

This post was edited on: 2012-02-27 at 07:53 AM by: Transcription Certification Institute

Member Profile startyourcareer PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ivanjeric

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 22
Province/State: Zagrebacka
City: Zadar
Feb 27, 2012

Media has bad and good side.Sadly that good side is in smaller amount.For example good side of media is fast way to transmit information,bad thing is that it encourages violence in any form,media brainwash people,but we often are not awared of that influence on us. confused

Member Profile ivanjeric PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
muhammad javaid

Province/State: Punjab
City: Lahore
Feb 28, 2012

this depends upon audience that how u take
it my be effect positively or my be negatively.

Member Profile muhammadjavaiid PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nick Johnson

Province/State: California
City: Sunnyvale
Sep 10, 2012

The role of media is very important when it comes to spreading awareness in the mass....
Creating Negative image and positive image is in the hands of media itself......

Member Profile NickJohnson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ray

Province/State: Texas
City: Irving
Dec 5, 2012

Hi,
I think media has its positive as well as negative impact on people. The most important positive impact which media has on the people is to spread various information to the people. All kinds of information related to world affair, entertainment, sports etc come across to the people with the help of media. However, it is important to note that media also has a negative connotations.It is not necessary that what is shown by the media needs to be correct always.

Member Profile RayNarayan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nia

Province/State: Georgia
City: Marietta
Dec 6, 2012

I feel that media can have a negative, and a positive effect. Our world has grown vastly because of media, and globalization, or the flattening of the world becomes more possible. As we are able to communicate with others around the world through media, we get great ideas, information and more. I believe that media is slowly destroying the gap between collaboration and war. We are moving more towards collaborating, such as what the BRICS are doing, than violently destructing in order to get what we want. On the other hand, media shows negatively. Like Professor LeDuke expresses, when something is put out on the internet it becomes "news". We all produce news everyday, and people can take it however they perceive. If the news is put out there in a negative manner, that goes to show a negative effect of media. With that, it limits privacy, because everyone has access to the information on the internet and it is being monitored.

Member Profile nowens9 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Samuel Lannon

Province/State: Georgia
City: Lawrenceville
Dec 6, 2012

I think that over all media and technology has a negative effect on us. We are essentially addicted to our phones, computers, twitter, Facebook, instagram etc.. Personally, I don't go a day without using any of those. When I'm bored, that's what I immediately jump to. It has almost become second nature. The other negative effect of technology and media today is that everyone out there has a voice and now they're all credible resources. There's no way for us to tell if something is right or completely false.

Member Profile slannon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daijah Bethea

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

The media has a positive and negative effect on people. The positvie effects it could have is that you learn something everyday from just watching the tv, something such as the news lets you know whats going on in your city. The negative effects it could have is from young teens watching music videos and getting bad ideas or social networks such as facebook , twitter causes many conflicts between people.

Member Profile Dbethea PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Jun 6, 2013

Yes, I do agree with this,every coin has two face,in the same manner media do have some negative aspects like don't send out a pitch or news release with vague , general statements, don't ever tell the media what do you want from them.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Jun 21, 2013

I would like to share a documentary film with you all, as the discussion is all about media related aspects. Take a look over here, this documentary is an interactive documentary commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Cubian Missile Crisis and President Kennedy's handling of the crisis.
http://cloudsovercuba.com/

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kennedy

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Lafayette
Feb 22, 2015

I think that media has both a negative effect and a positive effect. It all depends on what is being advertised. For example, some magazines post pictures of women half naked with the word "real beauty" above them. This creates a negative effect. This would make the woman reading this feel as if they are not good enough for society because they don't look like this woman with "real beauty". On the other hand, advertisements can also have a positive effect. The Dove company is a great example of this. They put out advertisements showing everyday women being beautiful. They don't have any make up on, no Photoshop, just all natural beauty. People in this world need to wake up and realize the impact that advertisements have on our country. Society is a hard place for young men and women everywhere. It is time to step and make a change.

Member Profile 16klouviere PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Lauren

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Broussard
Feb 22, 2015

I definitely agree with everything that you said. I also love how you included the Dove Company in the promotion of natural beauty.

Member Profile 16llandry PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM