TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentWhat are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative
Virtual Volunteer

What are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?
May 12, 2011

Many people say nowadays that they protect the environment but they do not make any effort.
In my opinion, they are not aware of the importance of the environment. What do you think?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile miorarr PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Grand Inquisitor

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Re: What are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?
May 13, 2011

Right On Mr. Prieten !!
The Media and entertainment industry sells us our expectations as well as our hopes,dreams and Lifestyles and most of us follow them like sheep.
How is your organic garden growing my friend ??

Organic Hippy Commune.... Brilliant !!big grin

Member Profile inquisitor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sam Anderson

Gender & Age: Female, 23
Re: What are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?
May 17, 2011

I am a very active enviromentalist/eco lifestylist. When I try and get my friends involved they are always very hesitant. I wish that they were more active. They do recycle, but other than that they don't really do anything. (not that I am not estatic about them recycling!) But I seem to be only one dumpster diving for materials that absolutely don't belong in a trash can. (Stuff like plastic waterbottle and cans and unused paper)I think that it's because they don't want to be ostrisized by the world for doing someting "weird". I just wish that people would take more responsibilty for themselves and their actions and take the time to care about what the world would be like 50 years from now!

Member Profile simplyrawgirl PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Anwesha Ghosh

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Dec 3, 2011

I completely agree to you and for some others,they dont have the resources.we should and involve everyone who is already motivated for the cause and try and motivate others to the cause
smile

Member Profile AnweshaGhosh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jake Green

Dec 5, 2011

I feel like its not so much that people dont make an effort to protect the environment. I believe that it is more that these days especially,people just dont have the money or time to be environmentally friendly. I say that because on average a electric car costs between 14,000 and 110,000 dollars. This is just way to expensive for most people these days with the worlds economy being on the down swing.

The aspect of time plays a role in why some people cant make an effort to protect the environment. One way people can be more environmently friendly is to ride their bikes or carpool, but that means they have to get up earlier and will return home later. What if they have a family, they vcant be gone all day, they need to be able to take care their families and be there for them so they need a car. Thats one reason why time is a major aspect in the environment problem.

Member Profile jgreen18 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
EQ

Gender & Age: Male, 22
Province/State: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Dec 5, 2011

People live in the present: what they do today is only a concern for the future generations. Many people do not contribute or turn away from climate change because it will not affect them in the future. We have to take in account for our children's lives and our children's children's lives.
-EQ

Member Profile EQ PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jane

Dec 28, 2011

Protecting the environment is a collective effort but everything starts with one's self. We should have the will and motivation to start standing up for the environment.

Member Profile bananasplit PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sakshi Gupta

Gender & Age: Female, 24
Province/State: Uttar Pradesh
City: Lucknow
Dec 31, 2011

well..in my view..there are several reasons that many people dont make an effort to save the environment..

1.people are not aware about the deteriorating quality of environment and that we have got limited resources...
now today...even if we have got some work nearby..we would prefer motor bikes or cars even...where going there on foot or using bicycle should be preferred.

2.todays gadgetized people dont want to compromise on comforts..

3.Capital is a big issue...all environment programs include heave capital investment as well.

4. some social and religious practices like burning of trees for agriculture(shifting cultivation) and killing of animals for religious practices are few hindrances in better environment programs.

Member Profile sakshi93 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Maddie

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 21
Jan 2, 2012

People might think that they'll be made fun of or looked down on if they make a big lifestyle change. They might also not be willing to make that change because they figure it won't make a difference. They don't realize their life will be much richer and better if they do.

Member Profile Woofer4Wolves PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sakshi Gupta

Jan 3, 2012

oh well...its good to know that the sustainable development has gained pace in other parts of the world..!and japan has always been in the top few countries who support all these environment programmes..!
in india as well,there has been development when it comes to afforestation programmes..and using other sources of energy other than non-renewable..!
so all in all...its all the AWARENESS that matters the most..and one's willingness to do something for our mother nature.!

Sakshi Gupta

Jan 3, 2012

oh well...its good to know that the sustainable development has gained pace in other parts of the world..!and japan has always been in the top few countries who support all these environment programmes..!
in india as well,there has been development when it comes to afforestation programmes..and using other sources of energy other than non-renewable..!
so all in all...its all the AWARENESS that matters the most..and one's willingness to do something for our mother nature.!

Transcription Certification Institute

Province/State: California
City: Irvine
Jan 11, 2012

Pollution is one of the main reason which is responsible for global warming. Industries, automobiles etc are causing pollution. Here we can contribute from our side as much a s possible in different way. The transcription business gives the message of go green which somehow don't enhance pollution. In the same way everybody has to think over this serious issue and has to take some step for the welfare of the environment.
http://www.transcriptioncertificationinstitute.org/

Member Profile startyourcareer PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Lenna Andrews

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

City: Singapore
Jan 17, 2012

People these days are too tied up with life and materialistic needs, career, money, how to make ends meet sometimes getting more attention compared to their families. And as you can imagine probably environmental issues to them will become the last thing going on in their mind. It's not that they are not aware of the consequences but they chose to ignore it for some other important things in their lives.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
wastewater treatment system

This post was edited on: 2012-01-22 at 11:02 AM by: Lenna Andrews

Member Profile Lenna PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
aftab ur rahman

Jan 25, 2012

because there is lack of awareness in common people,

Member Profile aftabswat PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Evan

Province/State: São Paulo
City: Fartura
Mar 5, 2012

Because people think they are more important than animals crying

Member Profile edg1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM