TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentWhat are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Delhi
City: New Delhi
Re: What are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?
Apr 9, 2012

There can be 2 reasons:
1. Lack of Awareness among the people.
2. People don't want to think about the consequences of this, everyone wants to enjoy their present.
sad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Atterobay PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Haley

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: New Jersey
City: Williamstown
Re: What are your opinions: Why many people do not make any effort to protect the environment?
Apr 12, 2012

I see what you mean. I don't know anyone who would come out and say "I don't want to help the environment!" But they don't get up and do something about it either. Now days, many are simply in the middle, swayed with whatever the majority of the population says. I've always cared about the environment. When I was eleven, I bought cloth napkins and decided to use them instead of the paper ones that my family always used. I just wish more people could take action instead of sitting back and watching.

Member Profile hmw102 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Adanna C.

Province/State: Ontario
City: Mississauga
:O Could it be?
Apr 16, 2012

Wow so many good plausibilities so far!

My theory is a little different.. it's something along the lines of game theory. In my University, there is at least one charity drive every two weeks-- at least it seems that way. Then there is a morning show on TV EVERY WEEKDAY completely devoted to organizing charity events and you know a bunch of others advertising through different media ... and they seem to be getting donations -- well, their revenues say so.

The same thing can be applied to the environment. There are so many media avenues advertising for it that some people just assume there must be significant attention being paid to it so it shouldn't matter if one person decides to 'cheat on the system and take the easier way out by doing the bare minimum. So many people thinking this and you have a large number of people 'cheating on their environmental duties'.

Voila, fewer people than should have been involved actually are involved because they just expect other people to be sticking to their duties.

And that is my theory smile. Thoughts?

Member Profile questIT PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Diana Casarez

Province/State: California
City: Compton
Dec 17, 2012

i believe most people feel as if theres nothing they can do about it they feel completly powerless because they dont fully understand how they have contributed to it, i think once they have understood how they contribute to it they will make a conscious effort to do something about it ... i dont think anyone can really know whats going on around the world and not be motivated to change or do something about.. its just that most people now days arnt informed ..enviornmental problems are not brought up in the media and unfortunatly thats were most americans (and im pretty sure ppl everywhere too) get their knowledge from

Member Profile Demon333 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
rellow

Province/State: Beyrouth
City: Beirut
Apr 6, 2013

The problem with all of us is that we're all in a state of denial. This question was posted in 2011-12 and 2 years have passed with the same answer. At my school, people who think they can outsmart the rules, and don't believe in recycling have a negative attitude towards the environment. We are running out of time, our goal (as people who care) is to:
-Never give up
-encourage making recycling a GRADED thing at our school since it is the only way students are willing to help.
- keep arguing those who don't recycle and prove to them that it's important by:
showing them that the only reason why we care for Mother Earth, IS BECAUSE WE NEED HER TO LIVE and not because "we'd rather save trees than save humans."

Member Profile rellow PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Miss Passionista

Gender & Age: Female, 30
Jul 2, 2013

I think people are not aware of their environmental responsibility. they don't realize that a good clean environment actually translates to some level of healthy living.

As a result of this ignorance, people think having every other thing like money, a good house, good jobs .... is more important but really, what is the essence of having all those things in an environment that is hazardous to one's health?

In conclusion, people need to be educated and encourage to practice healthy living not just when it comes to sex and the body but also taking care of their space (environment).

Member Profile Diva-divine PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Jul 2, 2013

Although people's awareness and cooperation is very important but at the first step governments are to make laws for the protection of the environment and implement those laws.As I see some governments have made laws but do not care for implementation and as a result only a small portion of people participate in environmental protection.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Oct 10, 2013

It is true that most of us involving ourselves in talks to work towards good environment without actually taking much initiative. I believe every individual should unite for the betterment of our environment for which a good no. of initiatives to be taken. To get most accurate transcription/translation services, visit http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Oct 10, 2013

Writing about awareness.

Our ancestors did not have today's knowledge but there are less signs of destroying the environment with the exception of wars in their days.

It seems they respected the environment and appreciated it without being aware of all the complexities now known.

Machine provided comfort for human but along with comfort presented a pollution producing life style.

This pollution producing life style is to be modified and corrected not only by individual behavior but also by implementing laws.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Andenyi

Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Nairobi
May 15, 2014

Personally, i think it is because people work with what they see. since they, like those before us don't see the immediate negative effects on the environment, they close their eyes to later consequences of their actions and hence the continuous degradation of the environment.

People are for the here and now and leave it to "whoever will be there" so to speak to let them sort the problem then,which is very sad.

Member Profile andenyi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Janet

City: Toronto
Dec 3, 2014

Yes I agree with that people need to protect the environment. Evidence has shown that activities by humans are affecting the global climate. Change in climate has serious consequences for public health. Extreme weather affects food and water supply and global warming is posing health risk. Therefore, it is our duty to protect our environment by reducing greenhouse gases.

Member Profile Janny12 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nicole

City: Toronto
Mar 31, 2015

Humans are naturally selfish. They only think about themselves, and at the most their own kind. People also don't understand the importance of the environment, what will happen in the future, and the little/simple life changes they can make - throwing a banana peel into a compost bin instead of the garbage. Furthermore, a lot of the methods and items that aren't environmentally friendly are the less expensive options. For example, putting in a more efficient heating and cooling system costs more money than keeping the old one.

People need to stop worrying only about the here and now, and focus on the future as well.

Member Profile nicole_shaw09 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DanaEnglish

Province/State: Minsk
City: Minsk
Apr 18, 2015

Hello everyone!I think that our planet becomes warmer and warmer because today we burn fossil fuels like coal,oil and gas to do many of our everyday activities like driving our cars,using computers and heating homes.But don't you think that it's difficult to live without these things nowadays?

Member Profile DanaEnglish PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Sell CVV UK US AU EU, ICQ:686858468 CVV2016.wordpress.com
Feb 23, 2016

Sell CVV UK US AU EU, ICQ:686858468 CVV2016.wordpress.com

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM