Thread Pages 1 2 3 4 5  »
Author

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male & 30
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
Gender Equality
Apr 24, 2011

Gender equality is now a highly debated issue. There are certain Biological, Hormonal, and physiological differences between male and female. But I believe that women are equally capable as men. Rather than attempting to prove the similarity between men and women we should acknowledge the differences and respect the differences. This is the true way of fighting Gender inequality in every society. This is what I believe. What about you ? Do you have innovative idea about how to fight gender inequality in general? Any country specific strategies that you think could be useful for some other countries?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile achyutraj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gina N

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 24
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Gender Equality
May 23, 2011

I absolutely agree with your views on gender equality. It is somewhat known that men and women are both equally capable of doing the same things however because of our gender segregated past, some people still hold on to their ancient morals that women are weaker than men or that women must rely on their men. Its also unfortunatley ignorance.

Member Profile sitar90 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
chijinco

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Anambra
City: Awka
May 24, 2011

women are not weak it is simoly that evryone has a percular role to play in nature. I beleive in gender eqality
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Okonkwo Chijioke O.
heal the world and make it a better place

Member Profile chijinco PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
chijinco

Province/State: Anambra
City: Awka
May 24, 2011

to me everybody has role to play in nature.....so i beleive in eqality
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Okonkwo Chijioke O.
heal the world and make it a better place

Member Profile chijinco PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Achyut Raj Pandey

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
May 25, 2011

Thank you for your participation in discussion.

Member Profile achyutraj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joël Kalpram

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Jun 14, 2011

Thanks guys, I learned from these posts and completely agree with yous too.

Coming from a still conservative small island nation kind of society, I need to develop further understanding, motivation, ideas and skills into helping me and my peers on getting these pieces of information out to people. Again education plays an important role in this issue.

Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Negru Alina

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

City: Reghin
Jun 29, 2011

I think gender equality is still an issue even in today's society. We are still confronting with discrimination against women all over the world, although in some countries it is less visible.
Let's take for instance western societies nowadays: how is the woman portrayed in the media? How is she portrayed in films and in music videos?
Almost all these images present the woman in an objectified manner, being nothing more than a sexual object; the main representation is that of a sex-symbol, focusing on their bodies and their physical beauty to the near exclusion of other values.
It is a real problem, because in today's world representations matter; it is important how we see things presented aroud us, because an image can form an opinion, then an identity, and later it can change our personality.

Member Profile negrualina PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Toki Pax-Harry

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 2017
Province/State: Rivers
City: Port Harcourt
Jul 30, 2011

This is still a struggle both in developing and developed countries. We should realize however that each has a role to play, and these roles are complimentary and even on some occassions, interchangeable to each other. We should also realize that we are not in competition, but its a collaboration. No role is more important than the other, none is higher than the other. We all need to keep educating ourselves on this issue and I believe that with sufficient and continuous education, we would greatly reduce and even do away with gender inequality.

Member Profile tcharles146 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
STUART H. GROZBEAN

Province/State: Maryland
City: Rockville
Nov 1, 2012

Men and Women are different from each other in many ways like you pointed out and I fully agree... But for few people, these differences make man a better and superior class which I don't know how? For me, men and women are like sun and moon.. different in some aspect, similar in some but equally important for a balanced environment on our planet !!

Member Profile STUARTGROZBEAN PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Karmel Bratt

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

I believe that women and man should have the same equality , because a women is capable is doing what a man can do.

Member Profile Owilliams1130 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Apr 4, 2013

First of all I shall say that Equality seems to be misleading.
A lot of people say that women can do the same things that men can.
But I say, there are things that women can do and men (like me) cannot.
The first thing is pregnancy. Women can become pregnant and men cannot.
The second thing is breast feeding.
The third thing is being a mother. According to experience loosing fathers has less negative impacts on the kids than loosing mothers.

Now let us review two things that the modern world persuades women to do claiming it to be of equality criteria.

1- participating in wars as warriors while men are available. Just look what is happening. The western powers send mothers as professional soldiers to war zones in Afghanistan and Iraq.Some of them get killed and kids become motherless. Some get injured and kids actually lose an active mother. Would the presidents and prime ministers of these countries like to see their own mothers in war actions?
2- women acting as Judges.Being a judge who has to punish criminals is a hard job. Many times a judge struggles with himself if his decision and judgment is correct and justified. What happens to a pregnant woman who makes decisions as a judge?

It seems letting women to dangerous war scenes and having them punishing criminals is not a favor to them and does not make any equality. I would like to say that equilibrium is a much better point to discuss on. If we bring the rights of men and women to equilibrium, then, it is more likely that women get benefit of higher rights than men and I do not see why they shall not deserve it.
Farhad

This post was edited on: 2013-04-04 at 10:39 AM by: Farhad

This post was edited on: 2013-04-04 at 10:43 AM by: Farhad

This post was edited on: 2013-04-04 at 12:26 PM by: Farhad

This post was edited on: 2013-04-10 at 12:48 AM by: Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sarah

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Colorado
City: Loveland
Apr 11, 2013

Men and women should be equal. We are all human

Member Profile Sjf17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Aug 16, 2013

Sjf17 wrote:

Men and women should be equal. We are all human

Dear Sarah,
I waited sometime for others especially women to comment but it seems less people are interested.

I received a personal reply from a very distinguished member who is not interested to publicly announce his views any longer.

He suggested something and corrected me on how to express my views more clearly.

I would say that all people are free and equal but can we expect them to act equal? We expect a running champion to run and a heavy lift champion to lift weighs. These two are not equal but may be in equilibrium.

I am saying that we can not expect women and men to act like each other and that is why I am using the word "equilibrium".
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Aug 26, 2013

Men & women differ in their physical re attribution but they are meant to do equally different task in their life, which doesn't mean anyone weaker then the another one. They are god's creation to showcase their strength in different aspect of life, that is why gender inequalities should be do away with, to further pave the way for equality. To get the best transcription/translation services that too under affordable rates visit me on http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Oct 12, 2013

Men and women differ in their attributes but the biggest gap is between rich and poor or more precisely the owning class (capitalists) and the working class until the workers of the world unite and establish a system of production for use instead of for profit inequality will remain.cool

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM