FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5  »
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: Gender Equality
Nov 28, 2014

Ian,
Perhaps, we could discuss on two issues regarding capitalism and common ownership.

1- on why and how the primitive common ownership was vanished?

2- on why the contemporary societies based on common ownership failed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Nov 28, 2014

achyutraj wrote:

Gender equality is now a highly debated issue. There are certain Biological, Hormonal, and physiological differences between male and female. But I believe that women are equally capable as men. Rather than attempting to prove the similarity between men and women we should acknowledge the differences and respect the differences. This is the true way of fighting Gender inequality in every society. This is what I believe. What about you ? Do you have innovative idea about how to fight gender inequality in general? Any country specific strategies that you think could be useful for some oth er countries?</span The whole capitalist system is based on inequality so how gender equality is impossible within this system.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 28, 2014

mullrae wrote:

achyutraj wrote:

Gender equality is now a highly debated issue. There are certain Biological, Hormonal, and physiological differences between male and female. But I believe that women are equally capable as men. Rather than attempting to prove the similarity between men and women we should acknowledge the differences and respect the differences. This is the true way of fighting Gender inequality in every society. This is what I believe. What about you ? Do you have innovative idea about how to fight gender inequality in general? Any country specific strategies that you think could be useful for some oth er countries?</span The whole capitalist system is based on inequality so how gender equality is impossible within this system.

Ian,
Discussing and not fighting on differences between women and men seems logical. But I am wondering since both primitive and modern communism and common ownership failed, what could be replaced for them to find prosperity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

ian rae

Nov 28, 2014

A stateless moneyless society has not existed all modern societies over the last 10, 000 years or so have been private ownership societies the latest one being capitalism.

Farhad

Nov 29, 2014

mullrae wrote:

A stateless moneyless society has not existed all modern societies over the last 10, 000 years or so have been private ownership societies the latest one being capitalism.

Ian,
Having a conceptual model for such society helps to understanding it. Has any one prepared a conceptual model?
Farhad

ian rae

Nov 29, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

mullrae wrote:

Ian,
Having a conceptual model for such society helps to understanding it. Has any one prepared a conceptual model?
Farhad
blueprint society I think not but suffice to say production for use not profit and all work entered into voluntarily the establishment of a system of society based upon the common ownership and democratic control of the means and instruments for producing and diistributing wealth by and in the interest of the whole community.

Farhad

Nov 29, 2014

Ian,
Thank you for the explanation.
Where do literature, arts, poetry and sports stand in this kind of society?
Farhad

ian rae

Nov 29, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian,
Thank you for the explanation.
Where do literature, arts, poetry and sports stand in this kind of society?
Farhad
wherever the writers, artists, poets and sportspeople want it to stand it would be a truly free society from each according to ability to each according go need I need not say any more may your imagination be with you.

Farhad

Nov 30, 2014

Ian,
The modern life is pretty complicated. For example, what would happen with professional soccer players? What about celebrities who are used to get super high payments?
Farhad

ian rae

Dec 1, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian,
The modern life is pretty complicated. For example, what would happen with professional soccer players? What about celebrities who are used to get super high payments?
Farhad
I find Iit strange that the 7 billion workers of the world should give up their freedom, wellbeing and enjoyment so that a tiny minority of people can hang on to money for the rest to suffer farhad I dont mean any disrespect but argument for arguments sake is not what I'm about regards ian.

Jennifer

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Dec 1, 2014

I absolutely agree with your views on gender inequality. As this is a global issue occurring in both developed and developing countries, that accept woman as unequal to men. In a developed country like Canada, reports indicate income disparities that place men with higher incomes in the exact position as a woman. In a developing country like Nigeria, similar inequities also exist. As the woman’s “roles” which include housekeeping can often decrease her ability to pursue higher education and income equal to a man. We must address this issue as men and woman are equal and should be respected globally.

Member Profile Jadada PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Dec 3, 2014

mullrae wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian,
Farhad
I find Iit strange that the 7 billion workers of the world should give up their freedom, wellbeing and enjoyment so that a tiny minority of people can hang on to money for the rest to suffer farhad I dont mean any disrespect but argument for arguments sake is not what I'm about regards ian.

Ian,
Managing those 7 Billion needs careful and qualified leadership. What are proposals for such management?
Farhad

Farhad

Dec 3, 2014

Jadada wrote:

I absolutely agree with your views on gender inequality. As this is a global issue occurring in both developed and developing countries, that accept woman as unequal to men. In a developed country like Canada, reports indicate income disparities that place men with higher incomes in the exact position as a woman. In a developing country like Nigeria, similar inequities also exist. As the woman’s “roles” which include housekeeping can often decrease her ability to pursue higher education and income equal to a man. We must address this issue as men and woman are equal and should be respected globally.

Jennifer.
There are mainly two views here which are "equality" and "equilibrium". Please let us know which one do you agree with and then I will give my comments on your post. thank you.
Farhad

ian rae

Dec 3, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

mullrae wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

Ian,
Farhad

Ian,
Managing those 7 Billion needs careful and qualified leadership. What are proposals for such management?
Farhad
I for one don't need leadership or management I only need free access to all goods produced.

Farhad

Dec 4, 2014

Ian,
Even if we suppose that there are really 99 percent who are working for the one percent, that 99 percent shall have well managed and strong leadership. Therefore labor unions shall become mush more and vastly active in the whole planet and unite the labor. A well planned strategy is needed and in this strategy all the criticalities shall be foreseen and pre solved and well solved solutions shall be provided. Do you agree?
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM