TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & Conflictthe israelo-palestinian war

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Yerushalayim
City: Bet Shemesh
Re: the israelo-palestinian war
Sep 23, 2011

about your quotes: come on. anyone who knows basic history would deny these quotes to have anything to do with david ben guriyon. he was a true Zionist that did not believe in that sort of garbage, pardon my language.secretive how can a first hand "chalutz", like we call it, say that this land belongs to the Arabs? dedicating your whole life for something you believe in, while telling people its not true? come on.
furthermore, using common sense, you will realize that it doesn't physically make sense that there is no area that wasn't settled by Arabs. since the population of Arabs before the state, even doring the building of the state, do not reach those numbers. even nowadays there are not enough Arabs to cover the entire land.
saying this, of coarse there ARE Jewish villages on Arab villages that were abandoned.let me remind you that we're talking about a war here. land is Concorde, that's the way it is. if we'd give each peace of land to it's ORIGINAL owner around the world, the world will be chaos.
and of coarse, this is correct the opposite way around as well. there was a majority of Jews living in hebron for hundreds of years. the only reason why there's no Jews there no is because they've all been butchered in Arab pogroms. how come you don't mention that?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sarah56 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Grand Inquisitor

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Sep 23, 2011

You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know Dear, how much I need you, so please ... Don't go away...
I once had a girlfriend who reminds me of you.... Her brothers were constantly causing trouble in the neighborhood, but she always made excuses for their misbehavior...
Sometimes family, and tribal ties can blind us from seeing reality and truth..
The reality is that Israel's actions against the Palestinians are cruel and inhumane...
The irony is that they are both tribal brothers and sisters... They are both Semitic Peoples fighting each other...
One day I will visit Israel and we can share a coffee and pastry together... Until then I wish for you the compassion that your people deny the Palestinians....

Member Profile inquisitor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
bia

Gender & Age: Female, 24
Sep 24, 2011

Hi.I think that the biggest injustice is that innocent people,especially kids are suffering the consequences of something that happened decades ago.This war will never end,as long as palestinians and jewish will hate each other.There is so many time since palestinians have fought against jewish that now this seem to be normal for them.Each of them have an opposite point of view and maybe they will never achieve peace,because the hate and the personal opinions are conducted to the further generations .I am not against all palestinians or all jewish ,they are human beings and they have feelings,I am against the war.A war that mutilates and kills people (threw other people).And are not all the same.Those who are living in the war areas know better how is it. They can choose to end the war or to continue,and the military forces as well.But as long as they have been indoctrinated since they where little(I am talking about jewish and palestinians) ,I don't think that this war will end soon.

Member Profile biabluey PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sarah

Sep 24, 2011

if you were really so sure of yourself and what you believe in, you would at least address my points. clearly- that is not the case.
until now i have explained myself and gave proof for my opinions. all you did is say over and over again how poor the Palestinians are, while once in a while throwing in some twisted fact and not answering my response. and then, you even say that you hope for me to reach the "truth" some day. so far, i am the only one here who answered your points and faced a different opinion. you are just running away from mine.
I'll say it again. your speaking of 'reality'?
reality is there being way higher percentages of Arab students in Israeli universities then to they're percentage in the state.
reality is there being Arab ministers in our keneset, our government.
reality is there being Arab lawyers, doctors, professors and more.
reality is israel sending in way more money then we have to into gaza and places like that.
reality is our government encouraging Israeli students to learn Arabic as a third language.
reality is companies giving out gifts and discounts to Arabs for the Ramadan.
reality is Israel keeping all the holy Muslim sites cared for, unlike the Muslims do to holy Jewish sites.
reality is that schools for disabled kids and adults, and regular school as well, take care of Arabs- Muslims and Christians- with love and dedication just as much as for everyone else.
reality is that during war, before bombing up an area with weapons and terrorists, we send down thousands of pamphlets in Arabic, asking all the innocent people to evacuate (which no other country does)
and what else is reality?
reality is that 66% of Arabs here don't recognize our existence.
reality is that 10 year olds in the south go back to bed-wetting and are afraid to leave to school from the fear of non stop missiles sent from Gaza.
reality is that 14 year olds get killed with axes in front of they're house and kindergardens getting blown up, with arabs dancing on rooftops and giving out candy.
reality is buses being blown up and Israeli children getting murdered in they're bedrooms.
reality is having t explain to a 5 year old that her best friend won't be coming to kindergarten anymore since he was stabbed to death by a Palestinian.
reality is Israelis getting violently kicked out of neighborhoods with a majority of Arabs, while the opposite way around- Arabs are welcomed.
reality is cars getting tear gas and rocks thrown at for daring to pass an Arab neighborhood.
reality is 6 and 7 year old palastinians chanting in school what they'd give to kill Israelis, and that we came from pigs and monkeys.
reality is an 18 month old baby getting rocks thrown at her face just a few days ago.
and this reality goes on, and on, and on...
here, i bet your next response will also be something along the lines of "i hope one day you will understand what your doing to these innocent people", completely ignoring what I'm saying now. that is, if you answer.
think what you like, this is truth. you can look it in the eye or you can ignore it. it doesn't change what really happened, what is really going on, and what i see every day when i read the news.

Grand Inquisitor

Sep 25, 2011

My Dear Sarah, Everything I have said to you is factual and documented. Do not ignore these facts, Look them up !!
This includes the David Ben Gurion quotes where he admits the land was taken by force and the Palestinians displaced from their homes...
The 80 UN resolutions condemning Israel are also a fact that you cannot dispute.
The world is in agreement with these facts... Judgement has been made.
You can continue to deny their existence if it helps your conscience sleep.... I respectfully leave you with your denials..

sarah

Sep 28, 2011

haha, inquisitor- can't you see your just proofing my points? that by chanting over and over again how poor the Palestinians are when i specifically asked you not to, your just showing how unsure you are of your beliefs? cause if you really believed in what you were saying, you'd base it. you'd bother answering my points. but you over and over again, deliberately ignore my points. why? have you got no logical answer? are you not sure with yourself? why won't you answer me?

i looked up your facts. did you look up mine? I'd be glad to help you.

your facts mean nothing. lets say david ben guriyon did say those stuff (and i don't believe he did), so what? can't i have a different opinion?

judgment has clearly NOT been made. is there a Palestinian state? not that i know of.

so- if you wish to have a real debate, that includes talking, listening and addressing the the other guys points- I'd be happy to. until then- i wish you good luck with other topics, since debating is clearly not your thing.

Grand Inquisitor

Re: the israeli-palestinian war
Sep 28, 2011

Sarah, I researched your points and found them to be Hyperbole. Your views are biased, subjective exhaggerations that would never qualify in any debate...
The issues I presented you with are real truths and facts that can be found at most media websites, human rights organizations or Wikipedia... All you need do to verify MY points is to Google them to any reputable website...
Because I consider you a friend, I did not want to embarrass you with your shortcomings, but your words towards me are becoming mean spirited, so you leave me no choice.
Here are some new facts for you to digest
World Leaders Condemn Israel's East Jerusalem Plan.-Voice of America news article.
Israel should be held accountable for crimes against Palestinian people - wam.ae news
Palestinians left homeless as Israel demolishes West Bank houses-Amnesty International
Sarah, I could fill volumes of books with tons of statistical information to prove my point, but I hope one day you will realize the truth for yourself.

Grand Inquisitor

Sep 29, 2011

I came across this Time news article dealing with the Israeli palesinian conflict. It gives me hope that things might change. The title is ;
Why Fewer Young American Jews Share Their Parents' View of Israel

Read more at : http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2095505,00.html#ixzz1ZOHfJrgf

Saladin Abuhamdieh

Sep 30, 2011

Sarah

seems you are Orthodox Jew...

you can only see the opposite of the whole truth!

as English is your second language

I think you can understand what he is saying

watch this

http://youtu.be/xD65oBsTJsM

don't live in a Box...

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sarah

Oct 1, 2011

wow. I've listened to the youtube clip. it is way of the wall. i would like to address a few of his incorrect points:
*first of all, i would like to point out that the interviewed guy has no idea what he's talking about. saying that, that doesn't mean anything about the subject, just the guy.
*as for him saying that this is somebody elses land- who's is it? as I've said before, and I'll say again- there was never a Palestinian nor Muslim state here in Israel. so, how do you define who's land it is? by whoever lives here at the time? that also gives no excuse for calling this land Palestinian land, since in addition to Arabs living here, there were always Jews living here.
so i ask you, why do you say this is Palestinian land?
*what he said about Muslims not hurting Jews- besides it having nothing to do with the point, it is simply not correct history.
-as early as 1066 there were riots in Spain (then under Muslim rule), agents some 5,000 Jews who lived there and slaughtered all of them
-Arabs killing hundreds of Jews in morocco, in 1465.
-in Yemen, Jews were forced to convert to Islam or die, for hundreds of years.
-doring the 19th century, Jews in north Africa were forced to live in ghettos and live by a humiliating set of rules which i forgot its name (it was 10th grade history stick
out tongue)
-in Tunisia there were riots at the Jews doring french election time, i can't remember the exact date.
-lets not forget the million Jews that were kicked out of there countries after the state of Israel was announced.
and, of coarse, there's more.
saying this, he is still right that Muslim countries were way better then christian ones, and that many were our friendly nagbures.
*he mentioned that Palestinians were "throwed of the map". i must say that when the UN agreed for a Jewish state, he agreed to a Palestinian state as well. the Palestinian state, if i may add, was larger then the planed Jewish state. we excepted, Palestinians did not.why? maybe cause they preferred to stay in they're "poor Palestinians" status. maybe cause they wanted more. i don't know. all i know is that we both had the option. we took it and that's why were flurashing now. they didn't, and that's why they have nothing now.
so, you can say that the Palestinians threw themselves of the map. of coarse, they always have the option for a state. we are willing to negotiate just as soon as the Palestinians agree to talk. so far, they haven't.
*in the bible god promised this land to us, and we were living here in most of the biblical time. i am saying this since he brought it up. i did not bring this point until now because this is a religious point and many will not see it valled, although i do.
yes, i am an orthodox Jew.
i would appreciate it if you would address each point. thanks.

Alex, i may not have time to answer you now (were just after a 3 day holiday here), so i would like to tell you here that i did not mean to say anything rude, and I'm sorry if you felt so. i have told you time after time to answer my points, since arguing without paying any attention to what i say is not possible. and you keep on ignoring this.
so, again, i am open for discussion if you are.

sarah

Oct 2, 2011

that's exactly my point. if you think my points are subjective, exaggerated or whatever- say so! that's what a debate is. i say something, you disagree, bring up something new, and so on. if you ignore it, what am i suppose to think except that you probably have no answer?
i don't know what hyperbole means, but that can't possibly be right. what did you look up? the terrorist attacks? the history? id'e be happy to send you youtube clips, newspaper articles, interviews, photos. if you'd only be more specific. it DID all happen, and you seem to be ignoring it. if you don't agree, tell me why. but repeating yourself and not answering brings us nowhere.
i respect other peoples opinions when they ecnollege the basic facts. it would be just like debating about communism while ignoring anything about Stalin. same thing here- talking about Israeli politics while ignoring terrorism is not gonna work.

i say it's kind of pointless cause it is. I've explained to you about home demolitions, for example, that they are done to every illegal home like anywhere else around the world- to me, to you, to everybody. i give you examples of home demolitions that were done to Jews. you completely ignore it, and go on about the same thing a few days later. what am i suppose to do? repeat myself?

the issues you presented me with I've answered. and you just ignore it, again and again.

come on, what dose this have to do with "embarrassing me"? if you have something to say, say it. that's the whole point of a discussion board, right?

facts for me to digest? i think I've been doing it quite well since we've started. as usual, i will answer your points with false hope that you would answer mine:
"World Leaders Condemn Israel's East Jerusalem Plan"- i see no reason to ask any world leaders permission to build in our capital, just like the US dose not ask us before building in Washington.
"Israel should be held accountable for crimes against Palestinian people"- wow. that's specific. i think I've answered that one for the past couple of posts. you would have known if you would bother reading them.
"Palestinians left homeless as Israel demolishes West Bank houses"- that I've answered too. twice. i see you bringing no touching article of Jewish families left homeless after they're homes were demolished. it happened in migron, katif, amona, yamit and other places. what are you saying, that Palestinians are above law? that they deserve extra rights? it is sad they were left homeless, of coarse, but that's law. they should have thought about it before building illegally.

i would be glad if you actually bring that statistical information instead of just threatening about it.
I'm realizing the truth. its you who is so afraid of it, you won't even confront my points.

I'm sorry if you got insulted, i didn't mean anything bad. I'll try to be more careful (was this post better?stick out tongue)

Connor Maultsaid-Blair

Gender & Age: Male, 26
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Oct 7, 2011

Sarah, I think maybe the fact that you are living in Jerusalem has put you in a very interesting situation.

On one side, you feel obligated to defend those who attack and offend your nation. You, as a citizen of Israel, do not accept criticism of your country easily. This is especially true in Israel, more true than in many other countries in the world. This is normal for you. Israel has had to defend itself from political and military attacks since the day it was created. But because this is normal for you, your sense of righteousness is possibly over-developed, and it comes out too strongly in debate. Take this into consideration.

On the other hand, because you have been educated in Israel, by Israelis, your point of view may be biased. I'm not saying that the Israeli education system has taught you to be non-accepting. But because of your residence in Israel, and your education there, it is possible that you have not yet had the chance to meet people with other points of view and learn to be accepting of them.

I'm not saying your point of view is wrong, I'm just saying that it's very interesting that you reject many things that people are saying about your home country. Even when they are fact. Perhaps, your sense of nationalism is overriding your obligation to be accepting.

Member Profile connorMB PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sarah

Oct 8, 2011

Hi Connor, i see a big difference between accepting a different opinion, and AGREEING with it. obviously, if i have a specific opinion it means i don't agree with the rest, right? but i have no problem excepting different opinions, if they're logical and based. alex's may very well be, the problem is he doesn't answer me, and we can't have a debate like that. i ask him again and again to address my points, so i can understand his opinion better, and he just ignores me. you can see for yourself.

of coarse my opinion is affected by my way of life- were i live, how i grew up atc. and that's true for everybody. nevertheless, people in Israel DO have different opinions, it's not like if i live here i have to think a serton way.
i think that the fact that i live here means me seeing things in a different perspective then left-wing media turns it out to be. its kind of annoying after having to bring gas masks to school cause of suicide bombers in my city, or having a friend who lost her entire family just cause they decide one day to eat out at a restaurant, to hear people saying we're racist cause we dare protect ourselves. or say its legitimate for a guy to stab a 4 year old in the heart cause he's upset.
and if you really insist on believing it, at least say why. answer me when i reply.

you said I'm ignoring facts. i don't think I am. in fact i think i answered everything. can you tell me what facts i ignored?

and whats with all of you being 20? smile

This post was edited on: 2011-10-08 at 03:04 PM by: sarah

Grand Inquisitor

Oct 24, 2011

I found this to be one of the best videos on the subject...
It is called - The History of Palestine - and does an excellent job of explaining exactly how this conflict started and why.
It contains original news clips... Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bxj1uvDXU

sarah

Oct 26, 2011

this video actually does work smile
thanks, I'll watch it and lets talk about it. let me only point out that again, you ignored all what i said. and this video will probably say the exact same things i already answered.
anyway, I'll see it and reply later on.

« BACK TO FORUM