TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & Conflictthe israelo-palestinian war

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3 4 5  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 24
the israelo-palestinian war
Jan 1, 2011

what do you think about the israelo-palestinian war?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile biabluey PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
a

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Birmingham
City: Birmingham
Re: the israelo-palestinian war
Mar 2, 2011

* Unjust, Criminal, Barbaric are just a few words I can think of to describe the Israeli government!

This post was edited on: 2011-03-02 at 06:19 PM by: Angie

This post was edited on: 2011-03-06 at 11:17 AM by: Anu maheshwari (Moderator)

Member Profile shorty667 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Grand Inquisitor

Jun 30, 2011

To refresh our memory of what actually happened in Palestine years ago you will want to watch this Utube video.
I think you will agree it is an excellent archive of history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHklKmNr2bA&feature=player_embedded#at=15

Member Profile inquisitor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
a

Province/State: Birmingham
City: Birmingham
Jun 30, 2011

I would watch the video link, only it doesn't open..

Member Profile shorty667 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Grand Inquisitor

Re: the israeli - palestinian war
Jun 30, 2011

Hi Angie, I had no problem opening the Link...Copy, Paste and enter. I had a few friends try it as well. We had no problems. Have a friend of yours try it on another computer.
To refresh our memory of what actually happened in Palestine years ago you will want to watch this Utube video.
I think you will agree it is an excellent archive of history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHklKmNr2bA&feature=player_embedded#at=15

sarah

Province/State: Yerushalayim
City: Bet Shemesh
Aug 10, 2011

first of all, its ISRAELI-Palestinian conflict, not israelosmile
criminal and barbaric government? do you mind explaining why? as an Israeli citizen who follows politics, i just can't see how were being "criminal" and "barbaric". yet- i could see how the other side is being so. anybody hear of an Israeli bombing up a Palestinian bus? an Israeli "freedom fighter" stabbing to death a Palestinian 4 year old? how about an Israeli murdering an entire family in their car? how come we're the "barbaric" ones, while they publicly state they want to wipe us of the map and would kill every single Israeli if they could? i just don't get your logic.

Member Profile sarah56 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
benguy

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Dac Lac
City: Ha Noi
Sep 17, 2011

its religious war
---
thuc pham nhap khau

Member Profile benguy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sarah

Sep 21, 2011

thanks for replying.
first of all, i would like to point out that there is no "illegal occupation". the state of Israel was recognized in 1947 by the UN and a majority of 33 states. the area recognized as "the west bank" was won over from JORDAN, not the Palestinians, by war which they started. Gaza was given to the Palestinians in 2005 for absolutely NOTHING, only for them to allect a terrorist organization (hamas), which is sending missles on entire cities and sending in suicide bombers, along with making their own people miserable. therefore, the land we're building and settling on is completely legal.

now, about your list:
*there is no "Jewish only roads". there IS roads for Israeli citizens only (which includes Jews, Christians, Muslims, druze and more), and not citizens of the west bank. this is because of all the terrorist attacks that happened on these roads, and the fact that they could not drive the same roads with Israelis (in these very specific areas), without there being problems.

*land confiscation is done to Arabs as well as Jews. before the country was built Arabs settled were ever they wanted, since there was no state. when you build a state, you need land. that land was taken since there is no proof the land was ever theirs. they just settled there because they could.

*home demolitions are, too, done to Jews and Arabs alike. home demolitions are done when the building is illegal. there were some 2,000 illegal buildings in east Jerusalem this year alone. just a few weeks ago there were home demolitions for Jews in a settlement called migron. it was also done to Jews in katif, amona, kfar gilad, maoz ester and more.

*curfews are done in areas were each night there are riots that include rock throwing, beating, tear gas, hand grenades and more, which hurt everybody. obviously curfews aren't fun for Arabs nor the army. sadly it is necessary.

*english is kind of my second languege, i don't understand what "illegal extra-judicial executions" means.

*it is not an apartheid wall at all, it is a wall that is built for Israeli safety because of all the suicide bombers that came in. we have a right to protect ourselves and indeed, terrorism was reduced by over 90% since the wall was built. obviously, there would be no wall if it wasn't necessary.

*as for "land grab"- as i said before this land was never theirs. long ago it was ours, the Jews, before we were thrown out agents our will. doring the next 2,000 years the land belonged to many- christian crusaders, Romans, Turks, British, Jordanians and more. historically, it never belonged to the Palestinians. Palestinians have came to the land of Israel from places like Saudi Arabia, siriya and Jordan. but it was never THEIRS.

*unlike your county, Israel was not taken violently. if you read Israeli history, you will find out that the early Zionists sat side by side with the Arabs of "palatine", and were good nagbures. our goal was to live along with them. but terrorist attacks that started as early as the early 1900, prevented that.

*as for the Palestinian refugee problem, they were not kicked out at all. during the war of 1948 they left there houses under the command of there leader- chaj amin el hussieni,who told them to leave, since he was sure they will return after the war ends and all the Jews were killed. since that did not happen, the state of Israel was born. they were not allowed back for security reasons.

Grand Inquisitor

Sep 21, 2011

Israel was created by war and terror. It was terrorist Jewish groups such as ,the Stern Gang, the Irgun, Zvai Leumi and Haganah that all attacked British patrols during the Mandate period and targeted Arab market places to score maximum death casualties. These terrorist groups became the backbone of the Israeli army.
In their earlier days, the Zionists successfully massacred thousands of Palestinian villagers and expelled hundreds of thousands of Palestinians. In their more recent, but no less barbaric days, the Israelis continue to decimate villages in search of those fighters that they "suspect" may be supporting someone that could be affiliated to or supporting the Arab/Palestinian cause.

Every time Israel attacks ‘pre-emptively’, whether it’s Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, or the Palestinians, there is always, without fault, a ‘terrorist’ clause thrown in there for good measure, never justifying and explaining why it’s really necessary to destroy entire villages in southern Lebanon or destroy the sewage, schooling and electrical systems in Gaza...

sarah

Sep 22, 2011

well, you didn't really answer my points, but your new points are not all correct.
I am aware about all the UN's ideas of what we're doing here. its last complaint was over us killing 9 terrorists that came on a flotilla full of axes, metal bars and large knifes in order to hurt/kill soldiers. those 9 we're killed after our soldiers used PAINT GUNS instead of weapons to not hurt anyone, when the terrorists became a clear life threat. in a video you can clearly see terrorists throwing soldiers of the boat and such. another of the UN's brilliant ideas was when we went into gaza after 8 years of constant missile throwing to our cities, and hamas (a terrorist organization) keeping a soldier for 4 years in terrible conditions with no red cross visit, as required by the national law.

this, of curse, is not nw. in 1975 the UN was busy debating if Zionism, Jewish patriotism, is racism. this, while thousands are being slouthered in Cambodia. smart, huh?
so, sorry to ignore the rest of your points- but the UN's decisions simply don't mean anything to me after all this.
maybe the united states are for Israel (and that’s also not really it), but they’re not the UN. so it really makes no difference. correct me if im wrong.

"This collection of resolutions criticizing Israel is unmatched by the record of any other nation as Israel stands in violation of more UN resolutions than ANY OTHER NATION ON EARTH." - yup, your right. Turkey sends terrorists. Syria, Tunisia and Egypt brutally kill their own people. There’s terrible hunger in Somalia. there's child slavery in Africa. illegal organ selling done in china. Yet Israel, the only democratic country in the middle east, the only country that Arab woman actually have freedom and people don't get stoned to death cause they belong to a different religion (compared to Arab countries of curse)- we get all the UN's paperwork. Does that make sense?

and as for the nuclear weapons in dimona- it is not proven we actually have one. even if so- it's funny you'd be worried about Israel when north Korea and Iran publicly admit for having them, and threaten to use them. even if we do have one, it is obvious to all (except you, maybe) that it is done for protection and threat to Arab nations who threaten to wipe us off the map, and we will never use it.

as for the haganah- im not sure how much you've read up about them, but you obviously missed the part that the hagannah was established because of the Arab pogroms around Israel- terrible, barbaric killings of entire families. and you must have also missed the part that the haganah (meaning "defense" in Hebrew), never started any attack, rather then defending themselves and they're nation from Arab terrorism.

sarah

Sep 22, 2011

you are forgeting a cuple of important points when talking about the hagganah, palmach and such:
*the fact that all these orginizations were astablished AFTER barbaric terrorism done by the arabs. why don't you mention that?
*doring that time in israel there was a war. all three sides participated in this war. your focasing on the israeli side, when there is much more falt on the other side. i don't think you can ignore that.
*of curse there are some who target inoccent people, there is in every single force, and i don't agree with it at all. my point is that you seem to be ignoring the facts i pointed out above.

i have never heard of us massecoring thousends of arab vileges, and i know my history quite well. do you have a sourse for this?

i dont really know what "decimate villages" means, but i do have a guess.
a couple of months ago, 2 terrorists illigaly barged into a settalment and to a house, in the middle of the night. they seporated two brothers, slicing the 11 year olds througt and stabbing the 3 year old in the heart in two seporate rooms. they fight the mother to death in the bathroom, and then go on to bucher the father, leaving a 3 month old baby in his arms, screaming. they return only later to slice her througt as well.
after all this, our army goes in the villege they know the terrorists came from, close it up and search for the killers. they later find out they were 2 teenaged boys, who said they killed the family because they're jews.
is this wrong? is this a problam? you saying, and i quote: "there is always, without fault, a ‘terrorist’ cause thrown in there for good measure"- is way off the planet. ive lived for 18 years, going threw 4 wars, non stop missles and countless blowing-up cases in malls, buses and schools. not one of theses were started by my country. they were started by the people that celibrated after 9/11, gave out cookies after the case iv'e stated above, and poblicly diclare that they would murder each israeli/jewish child if they were given a chance. these cases are very, very, real- and are not "thrown in for good measure".
we are not bored, we are not looking for troble. there is absolutly no reason for us to go in to arab villages if we didn't have to.

sarah

Sep 22, 2011

this is for you first post:

well, you didn't really answer my points, but your new points are not all correct.
I am aware about all the UN's ideas of what we're doing here. its last complaint was over us killing 9 terrorists that came on a flotilla full of axes, metal bars and large knifes in order to hurt/kill soldiers. those 9 we're killed after our soldiers used PAINT GUNS instead of weapons to not hurt anyone, when the terrorists became a clear life threat. in a video you can clearly see terrorists throwing soldiers of the boat and such. another of the UN's brilliant ideas was when we went into gaza after 8 years of constant missile throwing to our cities, and hamas (a terrorist organization) keeping a soldier for 4 years in terrible conditions with no red cross visit, as required by the national law.

this, of curse, is not new. in 1975 the UN was busy debating if Zionism, Jewish patriotism, is racism. this, while thousands are being slouthered in Cambodia. smart, huh?
so, sorry to ignore the rest of your points- but the UN's decisions simply don't mean anything to me after all this.
maybe the united states are for Israel (and that’s also not really it), but they’re not the UN. so it really makes no difference. correct me if im wrong.

and as for the nuclear weapons in dimona- it is not proven we actually have one. even if so- it's funny you'd be worried about Israel when north Korea and Iran publicly admit for having them, and threaten to use them. even if we do have one, it is obvious to all (except you, maybe) that it is done for protection and threat to Arab nations who threaten to wipe us off the map, and we will never use it.

as for the haganah- im not sure how much you've read up about them, but you obviously missed the part that the hagannah was established because of the Arab pogroms around Israel- terrible, barbaric killings of entire families. and you must have also missed the part that the haganah (meaning "defense" in Hebrew), never started any attack, rather then defending themselves and they're nation from Arab terrorism.

Grand Inquisitor

Sep 22, 2011

There are over 80 UN Resolutions that condemn Israel's behavior. The vast majority of the world (UN)has ruled against Israel because of it's human rights violations...
The Palestinians are being forced to live under very cruel and inhumane conditions because of the illegal occupation...
Amnesty International and many other human rights groups, including Israeli organizations have presented documented facts which attest to these atrocities.
Sarah, we can go back and forth with this debate, but the Palestinians are being denied justice and their homeland because of this oppression.
You are an israeli so I do not expect you to change your mind... You can continue to deny, But the cruel facts are there for the world to see and judge.

Grand Inquisitor

Sep 23, 2011

Famous quotes from your first prime minister, David Ben Gurion...
"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist.
There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."
-- Ha'aretz; quoted in Edward Said, 'Zionism from the Standpoint of Its Victims', Social Text, Volume 1, 1979, 7-58.

Another quote from David Ben Gurion...

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves ... politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country."
-- David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech.

sarah

Sep 23, 2011

you seem to be ignoring all the points i make and quickly come up with new ones. how come?
again, I've already explained that there is no "illegal occupation",you don't explain your point of view, instead you just say it over and over again.
yes, i am aware of these human rights groups, and simply don't agree with them. if you follow their conclusions step by step and compare it with history and reality, you will find out the same thing as well.
and again- in what way is this they're homeland? there was NEVER a Palestinian state, nor a Muslim state in this area. yes, Arabs have lived here for a while (with no state), but so have Jews and Christians, Bedouins and druze. how come only this specific athentic group deserve a state?
more then that, these Arabs had no nationality until Jews started coming here. you seem to know Israeli history well, you must know that the name "Palestine" was given to the land of Israel (then called "Judea&quotwink by the Romans, who tryed to erase the Jewish connection to this land. doring the British mandate, the word "Palestine" was used for the area, not the Arabs. indeed- the Arabs living here were called "Palestinian Arabs", and the Jews living here were called "Palestinian Jews". look it up.

"You are an Israeli so I do not expect you to change your mind..."- that's exactly the point. i read news and history just as much as you do. the only difference in our nollege is that i LIVE HERE, and i know what it's like. and you don't. for the record, i have changed my mind on various subjects plenty of times, if it makes sense. looking at history and reality, as i said before- it just doesn't make sense.
...the only cruel facts are the terrible terrorist attacks done by these Arabs, which you seem to be ignoring. maybe since you don't want to face the fact that these Arabs you defend so harshly are not as innocent as you think.

i will appreciate it if you answer my points this time, along with bringing up new ones.

« BACK TO FORUM