TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureHow People Are Affected By Where They Live

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Florida
City: Tarpon
Re: How People Are Affected By Where They Live
Sep 26, 2013

I believe that people in rural countries miss out on things such as running water, electricity, stable shelters, and a lot of things that are used to entertain people that don't live rural areas. I also think that because people who live in rural areas have fairly poor conditions, they are more appreciative of things that are usually taken for granted in more developed places. I think they have a real sense of hard work as well because they have to do everything they can to survive, even if what they do is very strenuous. I think that people who live towns live quite comfortably because they have all the things that make life easier like water, shelter, and electricity. Though I think I they take a lot of those things for granted. If they were in a situation where there was no water, shelter, and electricity I think they wouldn't know what to do. Also they really don't have to entertain themselves because there are so many things to do in towns.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sasha1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Sep 27, 2013

I believe no one is that much affected by living in rural or urban areas. Since with advent of globalization every small towns or cities has come under it & got enlightened with required needs of the population. But i truly feel that those who resides in small town are much knowledgeable & at the same smart & efficient to progress better in life. To get best transcription service under affordable rate, visit http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Nov 30, 2014

The question is on comparing the impacts of living in the rural areas with that of cities on human.

Cities are where the rights of human is defined. This definition follows the progress of living in the city which has its roots deep in the history of Athens (at least for the Western civilizations).

Progress begins in the city. Even if rural areas are equipped with all today's technology, tomorrow's technology will be created in the city and then finds its ways elsewhere.

So those who live in the city are the first ones to contact the new things in life and there are things that may be regarded negatives in the city life. There is more crime and robbery in the city comparing to rural areas leading to having jails in the city while perhaps no jails are necessary in the rural.

I hope this vital discussion is shared.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Elliott Shifman

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Illinois
City: Chicago
Dec 14, 2014

I don't think that they are affected in a bad way. They just might miss out on some of the things that aren't in the area that they live in. But, now a days we have so many ways of transportation that they are only missing out on what they want to miss out on. #elliottshifman

Member Profile elliottshifman PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Dec 17, 2014

Elliot,
Civilization experts believe that it does and it did at least for the ancient and old civilizations.

Studying contemporary civilizations, I doubt if it is false. There are rural places surrounded by mountains close to developed cities having different life styles. Conditions are much deeply different when close by cities are not developed.

Modern transportation, internet and satellite seem to have various faces and effects on today's thought and life styles and perhaps sometimes deeply saddening when combinations of conservative/older thought and life styles and modernism lead to bloody conflicts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sellercvv

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Feb 25, 2016

good

Member Profile sellercvv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
braveluke

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Manchester
City: Manchester
Mar 21, 2017

Chenty wrote:

Though I live in a city, I have experience working with rural communities where I do field work.

In my area, rural people miss out basic social amenities and services like electricity, potable water, quality health service, quality education, motor-able roads, means of transport, toilet facilities, among several others.

On the other hand, they benefit from communal labour and vast farmlands. Their common source of entertainment is sex, and as a result, there is high birth rates in these areas.

Most of the rural people who are able to complete their tertiary education seek jobs in the cities, reluctant to go back home. Others send their girl-children to towns & cities to seek greener pastures who return with fatherless children (teenage pregnancies) and deadly diseases.

It's fit my thought very much about this question. Plus, rural people tend to behave friendlier than urban.

https://onepagecheckoutextension.com

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-04-10 at 05:29 AM by: Luke Brave

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-05-16 at 05:15 AM by: Luke Brave

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-05-16 at 05:17 AM by: Luke Brave

Member Profile braveluke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
boyfrenship91

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: New York
City: New York
Mar 26, 2017

I think there is a refinement between individuals that live in rustic territories and those that live in urban areas. Citites are loaded with individuals that are worried about what encompasses them, those that live in the nation carry on a more laidback and tranquil life. (This is quite recently my conclusion and what I have taken note). I would surmise that those that live in urban communities are significantly more centered around substantial utilization.

Member Profile boyfrenship91 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Antonio

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Jul 4, 2017

The impact is quite immense in my opinion. Generally, people from rural areas will be much more influenced by their local culture. This means there will be much different in lifestyle between rurals and city dwellers.
Let's take my recent trip to Ha Giang, a remote mountainous area of Vietnam. I've seen that people in here still follows their local tradition quite strictly, typically the shamanism and rituals. While in the city like in Hanoi, people's life are more modernized with modern values.
Other typical example here can be their choice of career. In city like Hanoi, there are many jobs for them to choose from. But mostly young people will try to graduate from colleges or Universities, and then they start to search for job which suits them best. Although these jobs aren't necessary related to their field of study in University. Other choose to start up quite early, some are succeeded, some don't. But overall, the choice of job in the city is quite open.
While for young people in rural areas like Ha Giang, I saw many of them choose to return to their home after finishing high school and do whatever job which family needs (mostly agriculture works). They think that their family don't have enough money for college, and also there are few job oppurtunities for them in area around Ha Giang so it's best to ignore college.
And so yeah... really big different. Sorry I can't explain this in more details but I hope we get the basic idea.
posture corrector

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-07-04 at 01:01 AM by: Antonio

Member Profile Antonio94 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM