TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeedbackQuestionsMy posts keep getting called spam.

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male & 58
Province/State: Cambridgeshire
City: Cambridge
My posts keep getting called spam.
Oct 10, 2010

Hi does any one know what the parameters are for detecting spam on this sight. I've had 2 posts blocked already (both submitted, but not appeared yet) I can't see why the software would think they were spam, any ideas?
Bob

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile spymaster PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daliya

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Al Iskandariyah
Re: My posts keep getting called spam.
Oct 10, 2010

May be you need to check your account or to verify the email associated to the account linked to TIG this often happens when your account is not verified or when you post links with adv which considered to be spams for some websites check your account settings again and if you post so much try to reduce your posts...

Member Profile Dalia-Tuta PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Robert Meyer

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 34
Province/State: Ontario
City: Hamilton
Re: My posts keep getting called spam.
Oct 20, 2010

spymaster wrote:

Hi does any one know what the parameters are for detecting spam on this sight. I've had 2 posts blocked already (both submitted, but not appeared yet) I can't see why the software would think they were spam, any ideas?
Bob

Hi Bob. TakingITGlobal's discussion boards have been bombarded with spam posts in the past and as such we had to increase the security on the boards to limit the amount that gets posted. Because of this, and our strict rules, some legit posts might get accidentally caught and flagged as spam.

The most common method for catching spam is links. If your post contains more then one link, chances are it will get flagged. Further more, the content and location of the link matters too. Websites that are known around the web to be bad, dangerous or malicious will increase the odds of flagging your post as spam.

The second most common method is keyword search. Generally a spam post contains a few keywords that are common and can be indicative of spam. Common keywords are drug names, product names, or virus names.

Lastly, length and formatting play a role. If your post is split onto many, many lines and each line has less then a common amount of words, then it will look suspicious to the system and get flagged.

While we try to mimimize legit posts being caught, it isn't a perfect science and we ask that you bare with us.

I checked the flagged posts and threads and I didn't see any created by you in the system. I'm hoping that they have already been reviewed and posted to the site.

And please remember, you can email member services (memberservices(at)takingitglobal.org) anytime for help.

Dalia-Tuta wrote:

May be you need to check your account or to verify the email associated to the account linked to TIG this often happens when your account is not verified or when you post links with adv which considered to be spams for some websites check your account settings again and if you post so much try to reduce your posts...

The amount of posts you create on the site does not play into how the system checks your content for spam, so please post away as much as you'd like!

Member Profile RobertM PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM