TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsBulletin BoardHelp WantedTIG Discussion Board Moderators Needed!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 35
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
TIG Discussion Board Moderators Needed!
Oct 1, 2010

TakingITGlobal seeks a motivated, creative and outgoing young person for the virtual volunteer position of English Discussion Board Moderator. If you're interested in youth engagement in an online environment, international cultural production, gaining experience in online media and working in a high-energy Community, this could be your ideal placement.

TakingITGlobal is an international organization, led by youth and enabled by technology.

TakingITGlobal connects youth to inspiration, information and involvement in their local and global communities. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with a growing worldwide presence, the organization's flagship program is TakingITGlobal.org (www.takingitglobal.org), the most popular online community for young people interested in connecting across cultures and making a difference, with hundreds of thousands of visitors each month.

As a virtual volunteer with TakingITGlobal you will be part of a team of youth leaders and innovators who create opportunities for more than 300,000 youth around the world!

Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Moderating the Discussion Boards by:
- Moderating online discussion boards – acting as an observer and following guidelines;
- Assisting members participating in online discussions by encouraging intelligent dialogue through insightful questions and promoting useful conversation;
- Not publicly forming any biased opinions on the board(s);
- Facilitating and ensuring that conversations remain within the scope of the initial post;
- Checking validity of statements made within the threads to the best of your ability;
3. Participate in the Moderator Team by:
- Attending meetings;
- Ensuring on-going communication with Online Community Manager and Online Community Animator;
- Sending monthly reports to Online Community Manager and Online Community Animator.
4. Other duties, as necessary.

Experience Sought:
-Prior active participation and engagement in TIG English Discussion Boards
- Fully fluent in English (excellent writing skills and spoken fluency). Fluency means a high level of both writing and speaking.
-Ability to work in a collaborative and virtual context;
-Involvement with youth organizations or other non-profit groups considered an asset;
-Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced learning environment, adeptly managing multiple shifting priorities;
-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc), web-browsing and research, email use, etc. experience in multimedia, web and training is an asset;
- Excellent organization and time-management skills;
-Interest or background in current affairs, international issues and human rights, with particular interest in youth engagement and information and communications technologies.

Why volunteer with TakingITGlobal?
- This is a great opportunity for youth interested in an expanded volunteer opportunity and greater responsibility within our organization. This position gives you a chance to play a role in “inspiring, informing and involving” other young people, as you help to expand the networking possibilities for youth in your Region.
- TakingITGlobal has a strong international reputation within the NGO, non-profit, and charity sectors, and this reputation is growing. Experience at TakingITGlobal will be respected by future employers, and TakingITGlobal’s collaborative nature means volunteers may grow a solid professional network, and gain experience vital for future job opportunities.
- TakingITGlobal is a young, vibrant and positive work environment! As a youth-led, youth-focused organization you will be working amongst peers in a collaborative structure. Although head-quartered in Toronto, TakingITGlobal is an international organization and you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues from all parts of the world! We value and acknowledge the work of volunteers, and as a Coordinator you will be featured on our Multilingual Page, and will be eligible for our TIGStar Monthly Award, the results of which are shared regularly with our international staff.

Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter to Sena Hussain, Online Community Manager, at sena@takingitglobal.org

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile senahussain PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Plosha

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken
Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Connecticut
Re: TIG Discussion Board Moderators Needed!
Oct 4, 2010

I would love to learn smile

Member Profile Plosha PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hardik

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Province/State: Gujarat
City: Ahmedabad
Nov 3, 2010

i would love to be a part of this. i am good at English and language. I will definitely take this opportunity. smile

Member Profile hardikpandya PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Koffi YEOUYE

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Nov 4, 2010

I am interested for discussion moderation position consideration. I am a young development activist living in my home country Togo. Fluent either in English and French alike, I can help promote and facilitate global participation and correspondances worldwide, particularly among young community that I belong to.

Hope for collaboration together.

Member Profile koffson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
tr

Gender & Age: Male, 19
Nov 9, 2010

i have experience as a moderator on club penguin [link="www.clubpenguin.com"] runescape [link="www.runscape.com"] and panfu [link="www.panfu.com"]angelic

Member Profile wolfy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Suneboy

Poster Rank: Chatterbox
Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
Nov 9, 2010

Thanks for the opportunity,
I will be glad to be the part of this opportunity. I have been working as volunteer since more than one year as a global gallery coordinator and i think i can also handle this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
sun-e-boy (सूर्य)

Member Profile suneboy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
tasnim

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Dhaka
Nov 25, 2010

I am also a candidate for the position of moderator.I will post my resume soon for your consideration.

Member Profile tasnim PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sta-JohnM

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Alberta
City: High Prairie
Feb 7, 2011

I would love to help in any way possible this site is awesome and I would love to be a more active member by helping in any way I can

Member Profile sta-JohnM PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Steve Patriarco

Gender & Age: Male, 32
Province/State: Massachusetts
City: Waltham
Mar 13, 2011

Sena, is TIG still in need of forum moderators? Please advise as I'd be happy to lend my services. This is a great site, I only wish I had stumbled across it sooner!

Member Profile StevePatriarco PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
msuzuki

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
May 19, 2011

Great I'll look into it!

Member Profile mayumisato PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM