TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeatured ForumCurrent EventsThe Fight against Desertification

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
The Fight against Desertification
Jan 5, 2010

2010-2020 marks the United Nations Decade for Deserts and the Fight against Desertification. The significance of the decade is to reassert a commitment to promoting desertification control, eradicating extreme poverty, promoting sustainable development in deserts and arid areas, and improving the lives of affected populations. The UN also expressed its determination to maintain and boost the spirit of international solidarity that was generated by the designation of 2006 as the International Year of Deserts and Desertification. Check out the UN’s Convention to Combat Desertification site for facts & statistics, videos and articles. With the recent debate around climate change and the talks in Copenhagen, will there be concrete action taken by all parties involved regarding the fight against desertification? Will the threat of desertification make you rethink your daily habits which affect the environment? What other issues does desertification bring up?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile AnushkaT PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
A Better Community for All (ABC4All)

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: California
City: Los Angeles
Re: The Fight against Desertification
Jan 16, 2010

Superior crops in deserts using 50% less water is doable with today's available agricultural technologies.

Sami Awad, Holy Land Trust, has talked about what a unified global world might look like on a Global Oneness Project video.

Regarding desertification please review ABC4All WorldSolutions™

especially Plasma Activated Water (PAW)

EMAIL TO SAMI AWAD:
Holy Land Trust

#529 Manger Street
Bethlehem, West Bank
Palestine
P.O.Box737

palestine@holylandtrust.org
+972-2-2765930
+972-2-2765931

Hi Sami,

Watching the Global Oneness Video/DVD and listening to your description of a common set of concepts to which anyone from any culture can endorse while they retain their respected identity as part of their culture is such a relevant description of what A Better Community For All (ABC4All) is all about.

The Vision/Mission

The Legacy of ABC4All

Principles of ABC4All

Description in 75 words

Thanks for reviewing the concepts and sharing how we can create cultural unity

ABC4All Global Mentoring TEAM Project has ABC4All Mentors in 108 countries

11 countries have started Local ABC4All

Respectfully,

Burton Danet, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist (retired)
Co-Founder, ABC4All Portal4Relief

Please see the Working Proposal for Global Humanitarian Relief
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Burton Danet, Ph.D.
Co-Founder, ABC4All
http://1in1billion.net

Member Profile abc4all PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tienshealthstore

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 35
Feb 19, 2010

Deserts are fasting eating up most parts of east African countries and are fast spreading towards central african countries. With the global warming that's affecting the world today, no one know what all this might end up to be. But what bothers me most is what can be done to remedy this situation.sad[link="http://www.tienshealthstore.net"]

Member Profile Tienshealthstor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tienshealthstore

Gender & Age: Female, 35
Feb 19, 2010

Deserts are fasting eating up most parts of east African countries and are fast spreading towards central african countries. With the global warming that's affecting the world today, no one know what all this might end up to be. But what bothers me most is what can be done to remedy this situation.sad[link="http://www.tienshealthstore.net"]

Member Profile Tienshealthstor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ruqayyah

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 24
City: Jamestown
Feb 24, 2010

I will have a look at it, thank you for sharing information about it, I admit I had no idea about it cryingsmile
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
labels=1

Member Profile daniellle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
PS2

Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Female, 25
Apr 25, 2010

WOw! this is certainly an issue, You know I've been telling my friends about it but they said this won't be considered as an issue.

Member Profile pariliza PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Adam Humza

Jul 3, 2010

I am really appreciate the efforts of United Nation in this ground. I also want to took part.

flights to Lagos

flights to Lagos Nigeria

Member Profile adamhumza PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
makumbi shafic

Gender & Age: Male, 26
City: Kampala
Jul 8, 2010

With the increasing desire for industrialisation in developing countries
as seen in the accelerating cutting down of trees with uncontrolled disposal of industrial wastes into water bodies,the upcoming UN policy of repay will only worsen the conditions. This requires global attention and involvement of each and every one on this planet. bun on nuclear weapons use by even super powers will do good not forgetting eradication of corruption

Member Profile makumbishafic PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
kaden cayden

Jul 23, 2010

This is a type of information that we can refer in future also;This forum supplying very useful details and information for all; thanks for sharing.

Member Profile kadencayden PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Simon James

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 41
Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
Jul 29, 2010

Growing up in katsina state, one of the front line states in Nigeria affected by the Sahara desert. I saw first hand the effect of desertification and how arable lands are being lost every year and the attendant effect of impoverishing the people. I am afraid that government of affected countries in Africa are not doing enough in combating desertification. Individuals are not adequately enlightened on how they can help in the fight against this threat to humanity.
A major aggravating factor for desertification in Africa is deforestation as a source of energy. With out an alternative source of energy provided for the average African, wining the war against desertification in Africa will be a
mirrage.
Simon James

Member Profile sim008 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Robert Dold

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 53
Province/State: Texas
City: Seguin
Jul 29, 2010

The U.N. is a Money Laundering Operation which uses Words to Solve Problems. Like waving a Flag for Peace and Pretty Pictures that say we WISH you Everything... Yeah. Surly.

The U.S. is supposed to be a Leading Country as this is the Place I have lived. Self-Interest has Plagued the World, U.N., U.S., and all of the Countries affected with the many problems written of in this Topic of Desert-IF-I-Vacation there.

WHO CARES! WHO CARES? Who actually DOES SOME THING actually Cares and that in no way is any one I know here in the U.S. as I HAVE THE SOLUTIONS for WATER from ENERGY COLLECTION SYSTEMS. Africa has enough People and Land to FEED the WHOLE WORLD Easily. The Problem in no way is Government. People are the Problem.

My OWN Family says "The POOR? There will always be POOR..." So I stopped talking to my Family as they too are infected with the HUMANIMAL VIRUS of Self-Interest.

The Virus tried attacking ME long ago but I was ALREADY SICK of Self-Interest.

I Am an Inventor that the World PASSES BY and I just sit and wait... with a smile of course until some of my brothers get over the HUMANIMAL VIRUS that attaches to everyone the first time they have money in their hand.

Member Profile robonvac PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Adam Humza

Jan 4, 2011

I think no other country assist UNO as this problem should deserved but all of these its working is really off the mark.

Member Profile adamhumza PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Water Stone

Province/State: Alberta
City: Calgary
Jan 21, 2011

I learned many things from this discussion. Thanks!

Pond supplies store

Member Profile waterstones PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
siddiqua

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female, 36
Province/State: Karnataka
City: Harihar
Jan 28, 2011

Agricultural technologies have more often than not created disasters. Plants that grow in regions with less water are adapted to grow with less, water and I feel we don't need corporations promoting modified seeds. We need to find plant varieties that withstand drought. And good old water is good enough for a crop than any other 'activated' water.
We should also look into depletion of ground water levels and how we can replenish ground water and its an urgent call to do this.
Desertification is sometimes a natural process, but its accelerated by unchecked progress, when cities grow beyond their capacity, and there is economic migration from villages, and when supplying water, goods etc. to cities takes preference over the concerns of those living in smaller towns.

Member Profile sidsayed PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Eunice K.A.Fiati

Gender & Age: Female, 30
The Fight against Desertification
Apr 8, 2011

Most of all desertification can be controlled by human activity. This is by people not mis-using the land and by reducing the pressure of too many people living in an area.There should be more aforestation in the enviroment to help reduce pressure on the natural resources

Member Profile eunifat PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM