TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHealthMedical and Spiritual Use of Marijuana, and the Folly of Prohibition

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Medical and Spiritual Use of Marijuana, and the Folly of Prohibition
Sep 9, 2009

What we hear about Marijuana in the media, especially in America, is Prohibitionist propaganda base on half-truths and even falsehoods. But if you really want the truth, it is there to be found if you seek it.

You can find factual information on medical use and spiritual use of Marijuana. For example, here are just a few of many good sources of information.

The book titled Cannabis Spirituality by Stephen Gaskin is a great read, written by one of America’s greatest spiritual teachers.

The article titled The Plant of Renown reveals how Marijuana is referred to in both Judaic and Christian scriptures, and it also discusses the history of the misguided Prohibition of Marijuana in the U.S. since 1937, and points out much of the scientific evidence that refutes Prohibitionist’s claims.

The Marijuana Medical Handbook: Practical Guide to Therapeutic Uses of Marijuana by Gregory T. Carter M.D., Dale Gieringer, and Ed Rosenthal contains useful information.

Understanding Marijuana: A New Look at the Scientific Evidence, by Mitch Earleywine is another good source.

And there are dozens of other great sources of information that reveal the real truth about Marijuana, and expose the half-truths and falsehoods pushed by Prohibitionists.

We should understand that Prohibitionists have a right-wing conservative agenda, and they are fighting to perpetuate the status quo. They do not want people to think for themselves, or to be free spirits.

Fortunately, the Spirit of truth will prevail, and it will unite, empower, and liberate us all.

This post was edited on: 2011-03-09 at 07:53 PM by: abbarighton

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile abbarighton PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
siddiqua

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female, 36
Province/State: Karnataka
City: Harihar
Re: Medical and Spiritual Use of Marijuana, and the Folly of Prohibition
Oct 14, 2009

marijuana makes you hallucinate, I think. I like keeping things real, as I see them before my eyes. But yeah, it does have many beneficial properties. I think there's always a good side and a bad side to everything. Its just the way you use it and there's a purpose to every plant on earth.

This post was edited on: 2009-10-14 at 04:35 PM by: sidsayed

Member Profile sidsayed PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
abbarighton

Oct 14, 2009

sidsayed wrote:

marijuana makes you hallucinate, I think. I like keeping things real, as I see them before my eyes. But yeah, it does have many beneficial properties. I think there's always a good side and a bad side to everything. Its just the way you use it and there's a purpose to every plant on earth. This post was edited on: 2009-10-14 at 04:35 PM by: sidsayed

Scientific studies show that hallucinations are not a common side-effect. However, people who are prone to being "absent-minded" or "preoccupied" with daydreams or other imaginary things, can tend to "space out" and not pay attention to reality. Focused meditation can help to prevent that, and simply paying attention to reality can too.

siddiqua

Oct 21, 2009

Here's some good news for you :

[link="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/opinion/21wed4.html?_r=1&th&emc=th"]

abbarighton

Oct 30, 2009

sidsayed wrote:

Here's some good news for you : link="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/opinion/21wed4.html?_r=1&th&emc=th"]

Yes, it is very good that President Obama's Attorney General has called off prosecutions of patients who use Marijuana for medical purposes or those who distribute it to them — provided they comply with state laws.

That is indeed a welcome reversal of the Bush administration’s misguided, ideologically driven campaign to perpetuate Marijuana Prohibition and prosecute patients and dispensaries, even in states that had made medical uses legal with overwhelming popular support.

But, it is merely a small step in the right direction.

abbarighton

Jan 7, 2010

“I will raise up for them a Plant of Renown, and they shall no more be consumed with hunger [for truth] in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they are my people.” (Ezekiel 34:29-30)

“And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power...” (Revelation 15:8)

“You shall have a song”... “and gladness of heart, as when on goes with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Lord.” (Isaiah 30:29)

“You are unto them as a very lovely song of one that has a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear your words, but they do them not. And when this comes to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet has been among them.” – Ezekiel 33:32-33

Songs? Yes. And you can listen to them here.

This post was edited on: 2011-03-09 at 07:56 PM by: abbarighton

siddiqua

Jan 20, 2010

Thanks for the folk rock songs link

abbarighton

Jan 20, 2010

sidsayed wrote:

Thanks for the folk rock songs link

You are quite welcome. I'm glad you took the time to explore.

Max Meanrd

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Lafayette
Feb 19, 2015

Yes, marijuana can make you hallucinate, but marijuana has many benefits. It can be used to treat anorexia, vomiting, nausea, and it can ease pain. People may say it can cause harm to you, but there is no scientific evidence to prove long term bad effects or using marijuana. I personally feel that it should not be legalized for recreational use, but for medicinal purposes it should be legalized in all 50 states.

Member Profile MaxMenard PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Max Meanrd

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Lafayette
Feb 21, 2015

Marijuana does have many helpful side effects, but it also has its negative ones to. Although it may become legal in every state for recreational use should it really be legal for that reason? Marijuana causes memory loss and you become lethargic. I feel that legalizing marijuana for recreational use would be a wrong decision, but for medicinal purposes it would be a good choice.

Member Profile MaxMenard PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM