TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & ConflictIs World Peace Attainable?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4  »
Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Bay of Plenty
City: Tauranga
Re: Is World Peace Attainable?
Feb 16, 2010

As much as I would like to believe that one day we would be able to gain world peace, I truely doubt it will ever happen.
With over 6,500,000,000 people in the world it would be impossible to satisfy everyone. At least one person will try to start a war.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Kristy-23 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sheroze Sheriffdeen

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 25
City: Colombo
Feb 18, 2010

Maybe it is hard to get world peace but at least we could try to reduce wars.

I agree that with so many diverse kinds of people, it is hard to satisfy everybody because if somebody wants something to happen one way another wouldn't. Nature of humans.

Member Profile sheroze1123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
apitoro_Isaac

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Feb 22, 2010

World peace is not attainable but attempts can enormously be made to reduce the causes of conflicts in all forms. There is no,as at now, global citizenship. Attempts are only being made to bring all individuals in the world under the condition of acknowledging respect for rights of man or individuals via the universal declaration. The UN and the Western countries have taken the
task of leading this crusade. The efforts of raising the understanding of citizens in their respective nations and the practicality of ensuring its sustainability of enforcing good laws takes precedence to achieving global citizenship. Because many in the world do not even understand and define themselves as citizens of their respective countries. A lot of work needs to be done.

Member Profile apitoro2000 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Maren

Province/State: Bayern
City: Feldafing
May 25, 2010

Unfortunately I also don´t believe that world peace is attainable. The leaders of the different countries are too ignorant, they don´t even try to understand each other and they are busy with the conflicts within their own country. It all comes down to communication, and if there is none, there is not gonna be auch a thing like world peace.

Member Profile scpp13 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
maxwell Adeo Adew

Province/State: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
Jun 1, 2010

the greatest of all virtues is love because when everything else fail love never. if we can exhibit this among ourselves then world peace is Attainable.

individually, we are one drop. together, we are an ocean.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Adeoya w

Member Profile walexngng PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mohamed Eid

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Woqooyi Galbeed
City: Hargeisa
Aug 20, 2010

Yes, we can attainable peace in the world, if we respect religous right, humanity and social norms.

Member Profile EI PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
SakyaC

Gender & Age: Male, 28
Province/State: Arizona
City: Flagstaff
Aug 20, 2010

World peace...it seems like a remote and unknown idea, however, it might just be attainable.

If only people in positions of high office and with authority could possibly see the good in all people, rather than expect that there is a need for increased security and militarism, then we as humanity could possibly put down weapons and embrace life on earth as peaceful.

But like I said, it would have to start at the top, and as far as I can see, these people will not put down their guns because they don't expect their enemies to do the same.

So world peace is something to be pursued, but never attained.

Stay enlightened, and soar high above the politics and hateful thinking, only then could you attain peace with yourself and with the wonderful world and universe around you.

Member Profile sakyacalsoyas1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
yeshwanth kumar

Gender & Age: Male, 28
Jan 3, 2011

i do agree with the point that world peace has to be defined...in my opinion world peace is attainable..religious tolerance,"universal brotherhood",non voilence,"love" towards others,rational development,trying to strengthen ourselves by overcoming innate human feelings greediness,superiority .....these are few aspects which make this planet a really nice place to live

Member Profile yeshwanth PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Alex

Gender & Age: Male, 55
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
Jan 12, 2011

In response to the OP I think that world peace is not attainable in the world we live in today, as many have pointed out there are too many peiople with different concepts of right and wrong. Especially religious groups - who will die en masse to protect their beliefs.

I think however, that world peace may be possible one day but it will take a huge shift in humanity's consciousness to make it happen. Something truly huge will have to happen to change everyone's view of the world - alien visitors or the Vatican releasing it's files to the public for example.

I live in hope.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Get great canvas art prints from Canvas Art Print AU

Member Profile Attain98 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
abbarighton

Jan 27, 2011

There are two main obstacles blocking progress toward world peace, and reform and improvement in the governments of our nations.

One of the main obstacles is partisan politics, which produces conflict and divides us, pits us against each other, and leaves us as either winners or losers in a continual struggle for power.

The other main obstacle is theocratic religious doctrines, which divide us on "religious" grounds, and even causes "holy war" waged by those who mistakenly think God is on their side.

Humanity can overcome both obstacles, but not without a lot of resistence from those who hold or seek to hold power as partisan politicians or religious leaders pushing an exclusive, one sided agenda.

Their resistence can be overcome by sheer numbers of people who learn there is a better way. Therefore, I highly recommend the message promoted by the All Faiths Coalition for Peace and Freedom.

This post was edited on: 2011-03-09 at 06:14 PM by: abbarighton

Member Profile abbarighton PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Otuorimuo Evaezi

Apr 14, 2011

i luv the fact that you called it an 'uneasy truce' i cant agree with you more .The human nature doesn't encourage genuine peace, you may think you are at peace with someone but you don't know what the person is thinking behind your back, because,it is the nature of people to have to struggle to be above others, there no such thing as having friends in the international system, you have them for a purpose not because of mutual love and the likes, and I think its our fault because everybody is cunning and suspicious, so automatically you expect everybody else to think like yourself. To every action there must be an interpretation, if you do something just to help another country, everybody else thinks your doing it for a purpose, before you know it states are scared, alliances are formed and 'BAM' war.

Member Profile Evaezi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sokfa Francis John

Gender & Age: Male, 36
Province/State: KwaZulu-Natal
City: Pietermaritzburg
Aug 6, 2011

World peace is attainable but very difficult. it is true that greed and all the things that fuel conflict is human nature but that's not all we are. it is also human nature to know that these things are wrong and a problem to our survival and to work towards a better humanity. Violence in this world can be minimized to an insignificant level. imagine what our world would have been without all the selfless efforts of many individuals and organizations promoting peace, if more people join in this effort and put in their best, we will one day have world peace no matter how long it takes.

Member Profile Sokfa PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
benguy

Province/State: Dac Lac
City: Ha Noi
Sep 17, 2011

you are correct. But the world would turn worse as fast as it turn good. its above of our knowlegde

---
thuc pham nhap khau

Member Profile benguy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Allen Chin

Province/State: Georgia
City: Kennesaw
Dec 6, 2012

In the world that we are living today, I believe that world peace cannot be attained. Aspects of elements such as corruption and greed are still present in world leaders. What is being done as of now is not effective enough, as a global citizenship state seems nonexistent. A personal contribution mainly revolves around awareness. I am interested in taking part in any local peace organizations, however not specifically.

Member Profile achin PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Nov 4, 2013

I believe World Peace is not easily attainable, since each & every country is on war with almost every neighboring country. Rather it is very difficult for one to contain themselves & not to enter into the war. For which i believe singing of international pact & negotiation should come into force.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM