TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesMillennium Development Goalswhat do you think of recycling?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 35
Province/State: Mont-Liban
City: Chouaïfète
what do you think of recycling?
May 21, 2009

Do you think that recycling the garbage helps the environment?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile taline78 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin Abuhamdieh

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Re: what do you think of recycling?
May 21, 2009

no doubt it helps the environment *
less we cut tress and dig Holes
better planet we have

This post was edited on: 2009-05-21 at 03:57 AM by: abuhamdieh

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Yashoda

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
May 21, 2009

If there is anything that helps to protect our evironment is to recylce. If all the papers,bottles and plastics would have been recyled then it would be a no big deal to protect our environment from global warming and environmental pollution.

But the priority should be given to re-use if its not possible then, recyling should be preferred.

I would like to share on information about pollution makers in the world...ie...when we see USA becomes the first country to pollute most as it consumes 2/3 energy of the world....but when seen virtually China is the first country to do so....as it produces most pollutants when manufacturing the polltuion controlling and recyling machines!!!!

How ever, we should focus on re-use, if not possible then recyle, if so we can hope for clean environment!!

Member Profile yashoda PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin Abuhamdieh

May 21, 2009

Yashoda...
it's really hard to see rich guy re-use something.. they want every thing brand new...

25% of the Polluted air that cause the global warming is from USA... thats much though
also they didn't accept Koyoto Protocol to decrease and stop global warming!!

thats for the air...

Papers.. Cartoons .. whatever made of trees .. Tons of it used every day... and the majority of it is not being re-used or recycled ...

The metal things such as Iron... they kill the earth.. make it looks ugly.. and unusable..

these things just drive me crazy... better to lose a few millions to recycle then build new things... that might just kill this planet slowly

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Yashoda

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
May 21, 2009

abuhamdieh wrote:

it's really hard to see rich guy re-use something.. they want every thing brand new...

25% of the Polluted air that cause the global warming is from USA... thats much though
also they didn't accept Koyoto Protocol to decrease and stop global warming!!

thats for the air...

Papers.. Cartoons .. whatever made of trees .. Tons of it used every day... and the majority of it is not being re-used or recycled ...

The metal things such as Iron... they kill the earth.. make it looks ugly.. and unusable..

these things just drive me crazy... better to lose a few millions to recycle then build new things... that might just kill this planet slowly

Its the fact of sorrow that all the norms, rules and regulations are meant for poor. I agree with you Saladin, the rich are the major role players for pollution...they have money they buy new things who cares....to use unseless old things...and who bothers to recyle it....another matter of tension...so its all in vicious circle..difficult to understand and make others understand...especially so called riches..

Member Profile yashoda PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Michael

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

May 24, 2009

Recycling seems to be a bit of a 2 edged sword to me. On the one hand, yes it saves some pollution and protects the environment a little (the processes required to recycle iron are by nature going to hurt the environment), but some things are exceedingly difficult to recycle. Some plastics for instance, thermoset (from memory) can be ground up and used as a sort of aggregate in new plastic but can not be melted down and reused for new plastics.

When it comes to iron it seems difficult for me whether to like the idea of recycled iron or not. I'm assuming it is difficult to get any other impurities out of the iron (impurities such as other metals) and I'm sure this would make designers think hard before using recycled products in major projects.

When it comes down to it I do think recycling is a good thing, in most situations, but i believe we need to find better methods to use in the recycling process. Most recycling seems to damage the environment in it's own right.

Member Profile Zifanite PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
siddiqua

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female, 35
Province/State: Karnataka
City: Harihar
May 30, 2009

I wonder if things have a shelf life. Can you keep recycling things for ever ? Just a thought. I guess lesser consumption would greatly reduce the pressure on resources and the environment. And we don't really have a choice about recycling. There's so much of dangerous waste that we generate, like batteries, electronic waste, and CDs. There was this greenpeace video that I watched where young boys and men melt metals from cellphones and other gadgets to earn a pittance, in turn destroying the quality of surrounding air, and most don't survive beyond 40 years because they end up with numerous health problems.

Member Profile sidsayed PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
DEJIMANAIRE KING

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Jun 17, 2009

Recycling a key to better environmental material waste hazard.

If in my country we value the power of recycling, the rate at which MALARIA spreads and kills through mosquito's will reduces immensely that their will be no hiding place for the mosquito to bread.

Recycle still remains the only solution for MY dirty environment.

I hope government invest in recycling and the the rate at which the returns will come.

For those who wants to INVEST in Nigeria concerning Waste management and recycling I am %100 by your side.
Good luck.
big
grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Member Profile dejiman PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
nike

Jan 17, 2012

Yes recycling has great impact on environment.You may have clear concept if you follow some Recycling Recycling Facts.

Member Profile nike34 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Transcription Certification Institute

Province/State: California
City: Irvine
Feb 2, 2012

Definitely recycling of garbage is good for environment. it will sort out the problems regarding wastage and garbage which are scattered here and there. It will also help in keeping clean society. There are lots of benefits by having recycling of garbage.

Member Profile startyourcareer PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Haley

Province/State: New Jersey
City: Williamstown
Apr 12, 2012

Recycling is wonderful! It helps us not produce so much waste so we don't clog up the wonderful planet that we live on!

Member Profile hmw102 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rade Glomazic

Gender & Age: Male, 43
Aug 10, 2012

Recycling is important because sooner or later the garbage that you threw away will return back to you in the form of contaminated underground water, floods, high cost of fuel and risks to your health.
Recycling is done to reduce the amount of waste in our landfills. These landfills emit chemicals that leak into our water systems underground. Recycling will help us prevent having toxic water coming out of our shower or our faucets.
Lands that used to be forests are converted into landfills because we throw out a lot of garbage. The trees that prevent flash floods are being cut down to accommodate our garbage. Every year hundreds of thousands of people are affected by flash floods all over the world. We can reduce that number by reducing our waste by recycling.

Member Profile radeglom PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Punny

City: Ho Chi Minh City
Oct 26, 2012

it doesn't matter, i think ant way lets think about global warming this is very dangerous lets stop it by support my effort.
Battery recycling should be emphasized more. too many people simply throw them away its it horrible for the environment

Member Profile punny PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Oct 4, 2013

Recycling garbage is best way to save our environment from the ill effect of pollution. To get best transcription service under nominal rate visit http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ian Murray

Gender & Age: Male, 24
Province/State: California
City: Santa Rosa
Oct 6, 2013

yashoda wrote:

If there is anything that helps to protect our evironment is to recylce.

But the priority should be given to re-use if its not possible then, recyling should be preferred.

How ever, we should focus on re-use, if not possible then recyle, if so we can hope for clean environment!!

I disagree.

Priority should go to neither of those, and if anything helps our environment it's not creating the waste in the first place. Reusing and recycling are just ways to manage waste we already have, but the real priority should obviously go to creating less waste in the first place.

An easy way to reduce the amount of waste might be to package less, but the best way undoubtedly is to buy less, plain and simple. If we bought only what we needed when we needed it I couldn't even begin to fathom the lessened effect of human waste on our world's environment. This is a much more powerful method than recycling by any standards.

Member Profile Ian-is-guy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM