TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesCultureWho do you think is the Leader of a family?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Who do you think is the Leader of a family?
Dec 3, 2014

The father was considered the leader because men were the breadwinners of the family. But this family structure has gone through many changes. Now women are educated and employed and provide for their families as well. Therefore the husband and wife relationship is like a partnership rather than that of a leader and follower. They consult each other on subjects regarding the children, career and finance. This change is also due to the current increase in families with single mothers and homosexual partners with adopted children. So my view is that there is no leadership role, rather parents working together.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Viveganathan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Dec 3, 2014

Viveganathan wrote:

The father was considered the leader because men were the breadwinners of the family. But this family structure has gone through many changes. Now women are educated and employed and provide for their families as well. Therefore the husband and wife relationship is like a partnership rather than that of a leader and follower. They consult each other on subjects regarding the children, career and finance. This change is also due to the current increase in families with single mothers and homosexual partners with adopted children. So my view is that there is no leadership role, rather parents working together.

I understand the primary question is about the normal family combined of a woman as the wife and a man as the husband. Your argument on the modern woman and man family on cooperation of wife and husband is close to the facts at least in the developed world but still in the developed world, it is mostly men who make the final decisions. Do you agree?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Angelin

Dec 4, 2014

I agree that the final decision is made by the father. But this structure was carried on to the next generation because of the way children were brought up and by following the examples of their parents. Nowadays that is changing in most countries (even developing countries). Women do speak up in regards to family decisions when they know that what their husband says is wrong. They just don't go along with it just because he is considered the 'leader'. When the father works abroad, it is the mother who makes the decisions for the family.I am sure the idea that the man is the leader of the house will change soon.

Farhad

Dec 5, 2014

Viveganathan wrote:

I agree that the final decision is made by the father. But this structure was carried on to the next generation because of the way children were brought up and by following the examples of their parents. Nowadays that is changing in most countries (even developing countries). Women do speak up in regards to family decisions when they know that what their husband says is wrong. They just don't go along with it just because he is considered the 'leader'. When the father works abroad, it is the mother who makes the decisions for the family.I am sure the idea that the man is the leader of the house will change soon.

When I write "decision", I mean right/correct decision and not wrong decision. It is the rights of all family members to make sure that the proper decision is made.

Personally I, as a man, a father and a husband welcome if laws, regulations, and customs lower my responsibilities and give the leadership and responsibilities to the women around me but I am not sure that this responsibility is going to be good for women.

It seems the concepts are be reviewed. Besides a mother, who is able to transfer love, being loved and loving to the newborns and children? Why we, the modern humans, neglect this vital fact? Isn't transferring the "love" values to kids more important than family leadership?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Este aporte fue editado en: 2014-12-05 at 12:32 PM by: Farhad

Angelin

Dec 5, 2014

When women take up leadership of the family, they are NOT neglecting the love that they give to the children. They are more than capable of being the leader as well as the caregiver.

Why do you feel that the leadership is not good for the women?

Farhad

Dec 6, 2014

Viveganathan wrote:

When women take up leadership of the family, they are NOT neglecting the love that they give to the children. They are more than capable of being the leader as well as the caregiver.

Why do you feel that the leadership is not good for the women?

Angelin,
No doubt women are kind, patient, caregiver and have all capabilities that make them mothers.

Leadership is not dictatorship. It is managing with participation and cooperation.In the family, it requires the participation and cooperation of parents and all members when the kids grew. This is recognized by looking at strong families.
I do not see it as a match or a race between women and men in the family leadership as is now appearing specially as a result of feminism. Looking at the history and civilizations, we see this leadership naturally enhanced in males. There are instances that males take advantage of this but that is not approved by sound judgement. To my understanding a match for replacing the family leadership will eventually lead to conflicts and perhaps more conflicts between women and men.
Farhad

Angelin

Dec 6, 2014

There won't be any conflicts if both sexes respect and love each other and acknowledge the fact that they are equals. I am not trying to sound like a feminist. My belief is that there is no such 'role' that the husband or wife is supposed to do. Some men stay at home to take care of the house and kids while the women go to work. It does not make the men any less 'manly' and neither does it make the women superior. It only becomes an issue when they forget to respect or appreciate each other.

If you feel that the the nature to lead is enhanced in women, how do you justify the amazing women leaders in the world?

Farhad

Dec 8, 2014

Viveganathan wrote:

There won't be any conflicts if both sexes respect and love each other and acknowledge the fact that they are equals. I am not trying to sound like a feminist. My belief is that there is no such 'role' that the husband or wife is supposed to do. Some men stay at home to take care of the house and kids while the women go to work. It does not make the men any less 'manly' and neither does it make the women superior. It only becomes an issue when they forget to respect or appreciate each other.

If you feel that the the nature to lead is enhanced in women, how do you justify the amazing women leaders in the world?

I agree on the instances in which husbands take care of home and kids and wives go to work and certainly as a man I appreciate those women.

Your example is a good one about the woman political leaders. Have you ever asked them about who is the leader in their families?
Farhad

Iman

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: California
City: Tracy
May 20, 2015

I think the leader is the one who exemplifies the most positive and productive figure and participates in the well being of the family; doesn't even have to necessarily be a parent

Member Profile iman23 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
indiansummer19

Province/State: Dac Lac
City: Ha Noi
Apr 9, 2016

In Vietnam , the culture the man is the head of the family . But today , women and men are equal , they both exchange and mutual respect . But still exists some families with feudal lifestyle
---o0o---
Cong ty Milanplaza chuyen cung cap thiet bi inox chat luong, gia tot. Lien he: 043.552.8033 - 043.552.8374

Este aporte fue editado en: 2016-04-09 at 12:26 AM by: maiquynh

Member Profile indiansummer19 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
boyfrenship91

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: New York
City: New York
Mar 28, 2017

In our nation the father is the leader of the family while the mother is the heart of the family and the kids have their own particular roles.Everyone is imperative in the family.

Member Profile boyfrenship91 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
josnorgren

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Stockholms Lan
City: Stockholm
Apr 3, 2017

In common sense, the oldest one should be the family leader.
However, the oldest one might not be the person who actively takes part in social duties (paperwork, job, etc.) and thus leaves the power to the person who actually does it.

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-04-03 at 10:30 PM by: Josef Norgren

Member Profile josnorgren PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
maryblack123

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Make your Sure Solve your problem Lenovo Laptop or Computer related,
May 8, 2017

Hello

today arranged your post, it is an OK post and to a great degree pleasing me Canon related issue yet I have Lenovo Laptop or Computer related Service If you Have any kind issue or Issue you visit this URL Lenovo Laptop Support or Call this without toll Number 8000465242

Member Profile maryblack123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Antonio

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Jun 16, 2017

Nowadays I don't think this is an important question since we all agree that woman and man have the same right and equality. And so we all tend to think that neither man or woman will become leader in a family. However this is a fault belief.
The reason is different family has a different family structure and relationship, or to be more precise, husband and wife's relationship. There are many couples in which one person depends on the other: Wife who likes to rely on her boyfriend/husband and vice-versa. This is a type of couple in which one person will have to decide, while the other one can't decide. And so in this kind of situation, one person has to be a leader to guide other members in the family.
While this might be a shock to several people, this is a legit case in real life, which proved by psychology.
posture corrector for women

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-06-16 at 04:50 AM by: Antonio

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-07-04 at 12:43 AM by: Antonio

Member Profile Antonio94 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM