Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Western Cape
City: Knysna
HOW TO PROVE RAPE
Apr 21, 2009

Often survivors of sexual abuse do not report the abuse because they have no means to prove it. Unless physical violence was also used and they can show bruises, cuts or broken bones to support their claims - it becomes one person's words against another's. The rapist may say that the rape survivor consented and so they simply had sex, where as the rape survivor clearly feels and experience something completely different.

How can a rape survivor prove that they have been sexual abused when they have not been physical abused and thus have no "wounds" to show for it?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Stethos PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
SakyaC

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 28
Province/State: Arizona
City: Flagstaff
Re: HOW TO PROVE RAPE
Jul 5, 2009

If I were a woman and I were raped, first thing I would do is report it no matter how embarrassing it is to do so, even if it were in Saudi Arabia were it is almost impossible to be heard in the judicial system from what I hear. I would do this because it would be a mark of courage on my part because it would give me some personal psychological satisfaction knowing that I've tried to bring the perpetrator to justice even if I've failed.

The second thing I would do is ask the judicial system to do a "lie detector" test, to confirm that what I am reporting is not false or irrelevant to the safety of other woman who may be raped by the same perpetrator. If this doesn't get the attention of authorities, then since I am not a woman I really do not know what I would do...all I know is that if I ever come across a woman who was raped, I would do everything within my power to help her get justice.

Being a man, I apologize to the women out there for the behavior of some men who would do such a terrible thing to the beauty in our world, the women of earth. I hope those who were raped attain the justice that they so deserve, and that the perpetrators are brought down and severly punished for there is no excuse to hurt the bearers of children, the nurturers of humanity.

I also hope the victims of men's madness know that there are many men who are out there all around you that care dearly for your welfare and safety, and that they don't cast all men as maniacs and rapists, there is hope always...

Member Profile sakyacalsoyas1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
s_ankh

Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Aug 31, 2009

being sexually abused takes various forms and shapes . reporting it has to be prompt . you have to have proof , and that is hard as you said . but the only reality you know is the one you lived . you have to report it . supposedly , the perpetrator will be under surveillance later on.

reporting is cornerstone . those who are afraid , need to be aware that their silence is not in their best interest nor others.

so an awareness campaign. role of social workers , is to provide psychological treatment to those who were sexually abused .

role of government is to guarantee investigative work .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
ankh

Member Profile MoonSunGate PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jodevizes

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Sep 3, 2009

Unless the guy has a weapon, there will be signs of a struggle. Bruises on the arms where the brute has grabbed you. There may be marks on other parts of the body. A doctor should be able to see if there has been a 'forced entry' as there will be signs and if he hasn't worn a condom then there will be important DNA evidence left behind.

Rape should be reported to the authorities as soon as possible after the attack so that any evidence is not lost. Sometimes it may be better to go to a doctor or hospital first and then get them to call the police. They will probably be more sympathetic to your plight.
However bad you want to shower to rid yourself of the filth, do not until you have seen the police.

The trouble is a majority of rapes are committed by close friends or family members and this is always going to be a problem, especially amongst certain religious groups, where the woman will receive further abuse, rather than understanding.

The most difficult rape to prove is when the beast uses a drug, that way the girl may only have a dim recollection of anything happening.

There will always be signs of rape, it just depends on how good or how willing the police are to investigate the crime.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Jo Devizes knows a womens website that is rather good.

Member Profile jodevizes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kat Hayes

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Louisiana
City: Lafayette
Feb 22, 2015

A person may not show physical wounds or scars from a sexual assault, but the psychological effect rape has on people is often ignored. Those who are raped more often than not show emotional scarring and signs of PTSD. These symptoms alone are proof that something out of the ordinary has occured. Now, in some cases of rape, men have a history of abuse. In this circumstance, the judicial system would conduct a thorough investigation into the instance. However, if a man does not have a history of abuse, even if an investigation was held, it is difficult to prove his deeds. If a woman reports her rape immediately, physical evidence can be attained up to forty-eight hours after the rape. If she does not report her rape immediately, chances are, the evidence will be slim and there will be very little to convict the rapist with.

Member Profile KatHayes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
goodsellerccc

Poster Rank: Talkative

SELLCVV.CO Verified Seller CVV CC US UK ICQ-686858468 Dumps Pin bank login wu transfer.
Mar 4, 2016

http://sellcvv.co/

Member Profile goodsellerccc PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
vseller85

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Georgia
City: California
May 11, 2017

that's good mention

Member Profile vseller85 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jackyle

Aug 5, 2017

This is a very difficult thing after a person who has been sexually abused has no evidence to prove or explain to the authorities that he / she has been abused.
Bàn ghế tre

Este aporte fue editado en: 2017-08-05 at 10:09 AM by: jacky

Member Profile jackyle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM