TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentCultural Traditions vs. Animal Cruelty

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 37
Re: Cultural Traditions vs. Animal Cruelty
Nov 7, 2010

Hello everyone, first of all, I would like to say yours that I don't agree with animal abuse, but I agree with the sport festival of fox hunting, and Bullfighting, because are traditions and people like, and there are a lot of people who are working in this business. In my opinion we should respect all opinions, but what will happen whith people who are working in this activities? I say it, because in Spain there are many people who live of bullfighting and is a job.
Apart from this, there are people who hunt animals for pleasure in all countries, and people don't say anything.

Thank you.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Antoniosola PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Oct 10, 2013

This kind of animal cruelty should be immediately stopped. Since this kind of traditions are only spreading violence in the name of culture ethnicity. Due to this kind of tradition many animal are being killed enormously every year. Organization like PETA & all should come forward & look to stop these bloody games in near future.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Linh

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Krung Thep
City: Bangkok
Nov 4, 2013

Every day we often watch TV or read the newspapers have reported detecting, arresting an illegal animal trade. The animals are usually wild animals, rare derived from domestic or overseas shipping. It may be tigers, some primates, pangolins, turtles or animal products such as rhino horn, deer antler or bile ..
cong bo chat luong san pham, khac dau

Member Profile linhpn1810 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Nov 7, 2013

AminaYasmine wrote:

Bullfighting, fox-hunting and whale-hunting are part of some countries' traditions. Do you think that countries (or individuals) should have a right to continue these traditions?

This post was edited on: 2009-03-16 at 01:48 AM by: AminaYasmine

NO.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Quân Lê

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

City: Ho Chi Minh City
May 9, 2014

I always wonder, the bull in bullfighting, are they caught in the wild or are they risen to serve the fight ?
if they are caught, we have no right to kill them.If they are risen to serve our purpose, I think we can....

ve sinh an toan thuc pham |công bố thực phẩm |công bố mỹ phẩm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

from fosi with love

Member Profile kissfromarose PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Jul 29, 2014

Antoniosola wrote:

Hello everyone, first of all, I would like to say yours that I don't agree with animal abuse, but I agree with the sport festival of fox hunting, and Bullfighting, because are traditions and people like, and there are a lot of people who are working in this business. In my opinion we should respect all opinions, but what will happen whith people who are working in this activities? I say it, because in Spain there are many people who live of bullfighting and is a job.
Apart from this, there are people who hunt animals for pleasure in all countries, and people don't say anything.

Thank you.

My friend,
Some of our acts are not considered sustainable and are not compatible with sustainability and sustainable development any longer. We are advised to consume less of all things that disturb the environment and the planet not only physically but also emotionally. Whatever resembling violence and harming life of any creature for fun could be emotionally and physically violating steps towards sustainable development.
Farhad

Tiffany

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Illinois
City: Chicago
Oct 28, 2014

Lately the attitude towards beavers have changed. They were also killed off and repelled because of so called 'water environment destruction". But it turns out people need to change their ways - finally!

Reversing Course on Beavers
By JIM ROBBINSOCT. 27, 2014

BUTTE, Mont. — Once routinely trapped and shot as varmints, their dams obliterated by dynamite and bulldozers, beavers are getting new respect these days. Across the West, they are being welcomed into the landscape as a defense against the withering effects of a warmer and drier climate.

Beaver dams, it turns out, have beneficial effects that can’t easily be replicated in other ways. They raise the water table alongside a stream, aiding the growth of trees and plants that stabilize the banks and prevent erosion. They improve fish and wildlife habitat and promote new, rich soil.

And perhaps most important in the West, beaver dams do what all dams do: hold back water that would otherwise drain away.

“People realize that if we don’t have a way to store water that’s not so expensive, we’re going to be up a creek, a dry creek,” said Jeff Burrell, a scientist with the Wildlife Conservation Society in Bozeman, Mont. “We’ve lost a lot with beavers not on the landscape.”

For thousands of years, beavers, which numbered in the tens of millions in North America, were an integral part of the hydrological system. “The valleys were filled with dams, as many as one every hundred yards,” Mr. Burrell said. “They were pretty much continuous wetlands.”

Full article and resources:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/science/reversing-course-on-beavers.html?ref=earth
http://www.scienceclarified.com/El-Ex/Environmental-Ethics.html
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/23/beavers-devon-wild-england-friends-of-earth

Member Profile Sheppie PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 28, 2014

This is good news about our new behavior.
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM