« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Re: Animal Cruelty
Mar 3, 2010

Yes we all feel pain. We stump out toe that hurts. Cows brush against a pokey tree that hurts. There is a difference in that and a worker grinding dirt into the cows nose or using forklifts to transport them to slaughter. There is a difference in a shot and a pig being stuffed in a crate and being smack around occasionally. Or being sprayed with the strength of a fire hose. There is a huge difference and that is when the pain is too much and must stop. Sadly this goes on and few are working hard to stop it.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile animalrights89 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Holly

Gender & Age: Female, 21
Province/State: Saskatchewan
City: Saskatoon
Jul 19, 2010

Animals do NOT deserve to be killed and eaten. We are their voices. And we can survive without meat but you just have to be willing to give it up and eat veggies because people need iron. And watch the movie 'Food Inc.' It will help.

This post was edited on: 2010-07-19 at 11:07 PM by: Holly

Member Profile Kimberly890 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
imaerose

Province/State: Ormoc
City: Ormoc City
Oct 1, 2010

Animal Cruelty- the issue being posted. i believe it exist but i don't think killing animals for food is an animal cruelty. Though some can be classified as real cruelty but its just a little portion, the greater part is animals are killed or brought to a slaughter house then processed for food consumption. Its just foolish people who makes cruelty to animals. And if we only eat veggies, our environment won't be balanced, am i right?

Member Profile irosemae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Holly

Oct 3, 2010

I would have to disagree actually. There is a large portion of animal cruelty in this discussion. It's not right how people lock animals in cages that they can hardly even fit in, for about one month, and all they do is sit in that dark cage in their own waste and eat corn with chemicals. And with the little dignity they have left, they go through the pain of watching their loved ones get killed right in front of them and then themselves go through the same. Then, their bodies go through a disrespectful eating. Tell me, how is this not cruelty!? Try putting yourself in that situation. It's heart breaking. Isn't it? We can survive without meat.

Holly

Oct 8, 2010

Also, I think without humans the world would be better balanced. Humanity causes pollution, extinction to some animals, and more soon to come. Without people around nothing and no-one would miss us for the destruction we have been doing.

Victoria Lydon

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Oct 14, 2010

Being a vegetarian since the 5th grade, I totally support that belief. I don't eat any type of animal made products, and do not plan on it. So many places add chemicals to the meet to either preserve it longer, or enhance the taste. I'm not saying everyone should be a vegan, but at least eat organically!

Member Profile TORIAx36 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
iJaeyTaeh

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 21
Province/State: Alberta
City: Edmonton
Oct 21, 2010

Well we all have our opinions, but I think meat is part of our everyday diet. This is all part of the food chain, animals kil other animals for food, we kill animals for food, its just part of the food chain.

Member Profile iJaeyTaeh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dwagoon

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 21
Province/State: Alberta
City: Edmonton
Oct 21, 2010

True but it taste so good >.>

Member Profile Dwagoon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
imaerose

Province/State: Ormoc
City: Ormoc City
Oct 26, 2010

i agree with you jason,, its not only humans that kill the animals, its also themselves like the predators, don't you see on discovery channel, the deers in the forest ran after their lives afraid of being eaten by the lion,,its natural and way to balance our world,, but if you think its better without humans.. try to realize..smile

Member Profile irosemae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Holly

Nov 8, 2010

In my opinion, killing and slaughtering animals is wrong. If humans were extinct the world would be better off without us. Think about it, pollution! Humans are destroying our Earth. Also, i don't think humans are apart of the circle of life. Without humans on Earth the world would be natural and unharmed. We bring chaos to animals. We have made too many different species extinct because mainly people want to make money. Or they just simply do not care because it's not happening to them.

AnnieS

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 2017
Province/State: Hlavni Mesto Praha
City: Prague
Feb 9, 2011

I think, yes, it's bad to kill animals.
But we eat meat from our begining and it's delicious. People always eat meat and we can't do anything with it. Yeah, you think that when lot of people can stop it but that's not true. Always there'll be some people who will eat meat. And why then? Maybe when people won't eat meat it could be better but what about sharks or tigers,lions etc? They eat animals too. It's food chain and it's just like that and we can't do anything with it. So it's my idea and maybe you think something different. And I eat meat and I think it's not bad to eat meat (but not much of meat).

Member Profile gpjprague-annas PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gpjprague-adaml

Gender & Age: Male, 6
Feb 9, 2011

I think that is natural to eat meat because it is important for us. On the other hand we should try to keep animals in better conditionsshocked.

Member Profile gpjprague-adaml PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gpjprague-martinj

Gender & Age: Male, 6
Feb 9, 2011

I think that diet is a good idea big grin ,but we need meat for our life.
but I don´t like when animals suffercrying

Member Profile gpjprague-martinj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Holly

Feb 9, 2011

I understand what you are saying, but the conditions that these animals are living in are terrible and wrong, it should be stopped as soon as possible. But for those who do want to eat meat, should at least eat healthy meat. Meat that doesn't have chemicals, for example, chickens. They should be roaming free and fed the proper food and have a healthy, happy life. This way the chickens are not necessarily abused and those who want to eat meat are eating healthy meat!

pamela

Feb 20, 2012

I have always been aware of the animal cruety issues across the globe, but a recent class project has given me the opportunity to delve into the issuse more closely and has enlightened me more than ever. Through my research, I came across the name Barbara Erickson. For those of you who follow this issue closely; her name must be familiar! The article I read was in The Idaho Statesman from 2003, but still feels relevant in our times and efforts to stop animal cruelty in the world. a brief overview of the article for those who are not familiar: Barbara Erickson and her husband had more than 500 dogs confiscated from their property. Many of the dogs suffered from malnutrition, illnesses, neglect, and about 20% of the dogs died. The community was outraged because the authorities cited the remoteness of the property, lack of legal limit on the number of dogs people can own in the county and lack of evidence as reasons why it took six years for the couple's arrest. Now, it seems that Barbara Erickson experienced a childhood of neglect, abuse, and abject poverty; so should she be forgiven without punishment? What role did her husband play? She he been more sternly punished as he was a participant in the neglect and there were no reports of him having any mental illnesses? How can a situation mount to such grand proprtions if the authorities were investigating for six years and what laws can be put in place for such offenses?

Member Profile pammarflo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM