TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeatured ForumCurrent Events[Poll] Uneducated youth in the 21st century

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

[Poll] Uneducated youth in the 21st century
Mar 7, 2009

It is alarming still to see the statistic of youths especially females youths who have never entered classroom in most of our African countries. Poverty, joblessness and crimes are directly attached to this issue, so what can we do to give this youth a future?
Bishop Agbor Bonnie

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile worldvision PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Eddy

Re: [Poll] Uneducated youth in the 21st century
Mar 9, 2009

It is pathetic that this is the situation our leaders has thrown us into.

Currently I have set up a youth organisation set to promote Career Guidance to students and school leavers. The organisation performs various activities which promote the rights of children to education.

Lobbying for the rights of children to education through career guidance seems working perfectly. I have seen that our initiatives are helping many girls to challenge their parents when it comes to education issues.

I believe initiating projects that are centered on Career guidance and Psychometric testing specifically targeting youths (males and females)is helpful. From my own understanding, most Youths in this situation are from rural areas. It is therefore important to launch most of the initiatives targeting the hardest hit rural areas.

Together we can improve the quality of life of Youth in the 21st Century. Of interest, personally, I have had a tough time to pull trough my life. I worked for my school fees, at the age of 11, as from grade 6 up to form 6. this was a challenge in my life but I have made it. I therefore believe that nothing is impossible as long as we are committed towards positive change.

This post was edited on: 2009-03-09 at 10:42 AM by: edknowledge

Member Profile edknowledge PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Bishop Agbor B Etta

Global instability and the future of youths.
Nov 16, 2010

i am very concerned about the future of youths in our world today with increase insecurty, instabily and uncertainty. Many youths don't seem to see any hope for bether life and emploment in serveral 3rd world contries. So many have graduated with degrees and there is no means for emploment.

What advise can you give the 21st century youths in regions where all they see is darkness and fears.
Bonnie Etta.
World Vision International Youth outreach.

Member Profile worldvision PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM