TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesMillennium Development GoalsAs youth how can we overcome HIV/AIDS ?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female & 29
Province/State: Arusha
As youth how can we overcome HIV/AIDS ?
Dec 19, 2008

Hallo friends,as it is known HIV/AIDS is a threaten deseas facing the world.Proffesinals and scientists find the way out but yet still a problem.As youth we may have several ideas that can help us all.On myside i hope there are several ways, if we may use it will help us

.love youreslf
Loving yourself will make you care your health and the people you love too.Think you are the only safe and free from HIV/AIDS so you have to takecare of your health.

.love your community
If you love yourelf ,you will love the people arround you,and care about them too.So don't create problems to them.

.Determine the environment arround you.sometime environment will determine what kind of life you should live and how you will take care of yourself and others.

Those are few ideas i hope may help people especial youth.

This post was edited on: 2008-12-19 at 06:57 AM by: NGK

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile NGK PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Korey Anthony Chisholm

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Province/State: New York
City: New York
Re: As youth how can we overcome HIV/AIDS ?
Dec 23, 2008

I think the question should be as young people how do we advocacy for chnage in political commitment an dcommunity mobilisation to tranlate AIDS ahenda for young people into concrete actions, i mean we are the most mostly affected and we need to attack AIDS from the head and tail at the same time......... education for young people and prevention, treatment , car and support for olders and who are living with HIV will give us control of HIV and AIDS and in teh middle focus on behavior change that will sustain....

Member Profile cutekorey19 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Pap-sy

Province/State: Nassarawa
City: Keffi
Its about enlightenment
Dec 24, 2008

Well, overcoming HIV/AIDS lies in the hands of each and everyone of us. It can't be in the hands of the youth alone, though the vast number affected are the youths. Love for each other is not that an effective way to combating the spread of the malicious disease. i would say enlightenment campaings to the remotest parts of our lands and nations should be the top priority. areas where they are not sensitized about the negative sides of the disease.

And also providing aids to the already stigmatized ones, who have no option but to leave with the virus.

Also, providing employment opportunities for the majority of our citizens is also a key way of actualizing the dream of the eradication of this virus.

Member Profile amromanor PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
W Nassar

Gender & Age: Male, 26
Province/State: Punjab
City: Lahore
Jan 6, 2009

The only way the youth can be protected from HIV/AIDS is that they are prevented from having extra-marital or other sexual relationships.
This is simple, stop the cause and you wont need to spend on prevention items.

Member Profile WN PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jesse Bendel

Poster Rank:

Jan 27, 2009

I know how I do it. Blood donations! The most subtle way of knowing if a person has HIV and it all goes to a good cause. And is there anything better than being able to say your bodily fluids save lives?

Also putting a ban on sex out of marriage seems like a huge violation of civil rights. Also you know you can get HIV even if you're married

This post was edited on: 2009-01-31 at 10:26 PM by: jbsocool

Member Profile jbsocool PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Emmanuel Arthur

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Greater Accra
City: Accra
Feb 5, 2009

dear all,
well i think as young people who are concerned about the rate at which hiv and aids is wiping out the young generation that we have,some of the interventions we can adopt as a people are as follows:

adopt a wholistic approach in addressing the issue.we dont have to focus on preaching only one message but realise that youngpeople have diverse needs and try to address them as such.

the idea to criminalise the spread of hiv and aids by persons who are infected without addressing the stigma they are made to face in society is wrong.

young people will live risky lives and there is the need to protect them from the hiv menace and this can be done by advocating for the correct and consistence use of condoms.

i believe that if we are able to do all this then we are path of reversing and haulting the spread of hiv and aids.

Member Profile dadaemma PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ladeeyoutrageous_eastview

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Feb 9, 2009

I am only 11 years old and i do not even know how to answer this qusiton i really do not know so . yeah . ♥smilesorry. and you know what i should know about this at this age that i am . i should everone should know what people have that is true .[b]okayy ,
*smile

Member Profile LadeyOutrageous PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ladeeyoutrageous_eastview

Feb 9, 2009

I am only 11 years old and i do not even know how to answer this qusiton i really do not know so . yeah . ♥smilesorry. and you know what i should know about this at this age that i am . i should everone should know what people have that is true .[b]okayy ,
*smile[link="http://"]

Member Profile LadeyOutrageous PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Vinita

Gender & Age: Female, 27
City: Kathmandu
Apr 2, 2009

The answer is simple, but yet very complex.. As youth, we could follow these simple rules...
A- Abstinence before marriage
B- Be faithful to your spouse
C- Condom Use

Apart form these, Use of Intravenous Drus, issues of MSM and strong advocacy are also important aspects to vbe dealt with.

Member Profile atiniv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
udosen namse

Apr 3, 2009

Hiv/Aids is a hydra headed monster. we must arm our selves with true information. In an era where promiscuity among youths is encouraged a time bomb is set for the future. Condoms will not save us from the scourge of HIV/aids. scientific evidence and numerous research finds points to the fact. let us guard our loins.

Member Profile namse PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ca

Gender & Age: Female, 24
Province/State: Veneto
City: Padova
Apr 12, 2009

well we have to be conscious about what we do...

stay informed
using condoms
using clean syringes
+++

telling others about it

Member Profile carmen89sto PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rizo Davis

Gender & Age: Male, 34
Province/State: New Jersey
City: Montclair
Apr 19, 2009

We can overcome AIDS as a youth through proper education - promoting the effect and the risk of AIDS in the society. Schools should implement this subject or area to create awareness among us. Good sexual practice should also be emphasized in the education and proper use of protection against AIDS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
today's health and wellness

Member Profile rizodavis PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
rachel

Gender & Age: Female, 24
Apr 23, 2009

I think that one of the major problems with the spread of HIV and AIDS is the fact that people aren’t informed. HIV and AIDS are associated with a stigma that prevents them from getting talked about. The distribution of information relies on a dialogue between people. If there can be no dialogue, there is no solution.

TIG is hosting a project in May that focuses on the importance of Intercultural Dialogue. To find out more, check out the project page.

http://projects.tigweb.org/dialoguechange

Member Profile ratchattack PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Prince Charles Jiduwah

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
May 13, 2009

LadeyOutrageous wrote:

I am only 11 years old and i do not even know how to answer this qusiton i really do not know so . yeah . ♥*sorry. and you know what i should know about this at this age that i am . i should everone should know what people have that is true .[b]okayy ,

You said you are 11yrs your profiles says 14yrs which should we take?

As for the subject, i am sure with the active campaign going on now we can make a head way, just that we may need t double up our commitments to the fight.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Truly Inspired to change

Member Profile kashboy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM