TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeedbackComments & SuggestionsT I G WHEN WILL THIS MESS STOP ????????????

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male & 36
Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
T I G WHEN WILL THIS MESS STOP ????????????
Sep 23, 2008

Am so disapointed that scammers could use this wonderful and very educating media to dupe people.
Years back ,in 1 of my threads i did ask if " TAKING IT GLOBAL IS REAL" ,real in the sence that they are not scammers , i got a reply from the executives to understand that they are real.

But i could remember that i suggest that they should get involve in most of the event adverts placed on their site.
But it seems to fall on deaf ears . Only God knows how many people that have fallen victims of this scammers that TIG are producing.
Its so dissapointing that they could easily use TIG to dupe people. It shows how irresponsible the site owners are .

If you guys dont have a mechnism of stopping the scammers from using your site ,i think its high time you consult people who are capable of handling this issue.
DONT LET MEMBERS OF THIS SITE MAKE A MESS OF IT OUT SIDE,BECAUSE ITS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU GUYS SOON, IF YOU DO NOT FIND A WAY OF ORGANISING SECURE EVENTS ON THIS SITE.

LOYAL MEMBER.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile chybuz PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Ontario
Re: T I G WHEN WILL THIS MESS STOP ????????????
Sep 23, 2008

Events-How can I tell if an event is fake?
TakingITGlobal does not actually run the events listed on our website so you should contact the event organizer. You can find the listing of events by searching for the event using this link:
http://www.takingitglobal.org/resources/events/
If you are suspicious about an event, please visit the link below. It has some very helpful tips on how to spot a fake event.
http://www.takingitglobal.org/resources/events/fakeevent.html

Member Profile InciaZ PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
LauraK

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 34
City: Toronto
Sep 23, 2008

TakingITGlobal is dedicated to remaining an open community where any member can submit content - such as events. These range from high level UN conferences to local fundraising events. Unfortunately this means that our members will have to be vigilante about investigating events thoroughly before getting involved. TIG cannot be responsible for the hundreds of events submitted to our database each year - it's impossible for us to investigate each single event.
In order to help TIG staff have made available a very comprehensive guide to detecting fake events, available on the event page - Incia provided the link in her post above - I cannot stress enough for all TIG members to look through this guide before getting involved in an event posted on our site.
Lastly, if you are ever in any doubt - however small - about an event that costs money, simply DO NOT send the money. Legitimate events will never ask for money to pay for a visa, legitimate events will very rarely contact you directly via e-mail to request fees for registration or hotel. They should not be requesting that you wire them money through services like Western Union. Legitimate conference events usually have online forms where you do all of this yourself.
To address your suggestion that we work on some kind of mechanism to stop people intent on scamming from using our site - I can say that we are continually trying to keep TakingITGlobal safe, however there is no way for us to distinguish a member who means to use the site constructively from a member who has signed up to the site to scam other members. This is where we are really reliant on members like yourself to report suspicious activity and warn other members through forums such as these Discussion Boards. In the end however, it is also very much up to each individual TIG member to be aware of their own online safety and to accept the reality that there are people out there who would attempt to take advantage of services like TIG for personal gain - but not to allow this to discourage participation in the site, but instead to participate - but remain aware.

This post was edited on: 2008-09-23 at 05:04 PM by: laurakenyon

This post was edited on: 2008-09-23 at 05:05 PM by: laurakenyon

Member Profile laurakenyon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
davyk

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Harare
City: Harare
Sep 24, 2008

I have also seen a tendancy by these scammers of getting you email on this site and send you some outrageous offers of business partnerships,inheritance monies lottery and they all demand the same things......your personal details and contacts and they give you another personal email....to contact them
Take note guys these are scammers and are called the 411 boys and im told they are popular in west africa.
Please TIG do something about it before someone falls a victim.

peace

Member Profile dkaiyo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tosin O.

Gender & Age: Female, 37
Sep 24, 2008

@Chybuz
That was pretty harsh. . . You shouldn't blame TIG staff for such menace. Scammers abound every where, and they act prey of any good site with high visitor volume.
The best you should have done to help TIG, is to report such mails to them, especially those ones sent into your TIG mailbox. Remember, these scammers are human beings too with complete human senses and can always get useful information of anyone from anywhere and not necessarily on TIG.

Sorry about it.

@TIG Staff.
Hello, I received this mail too from one username called: gcwyo

GLOBAL CHANGE WORLD YOUTH ORG.
No 157 West 47th
Street New York,
NY 10036
UNITED STATE OF AMERICA
TELE-+1-206-888-4105
FAX-+1-610-885-5827

CONFERENCE/INVITATION
Dear Friend,
My name is Madam Williams Beauty, working with (GLOBAL CHANGE WORLD YOUTH ORG)
New York, U.S.A. We are organizing a global youths combined conferences taking place from
OCT 5TH-8th 2008 at Johnstown NEW YORK in the United States and in, Dakar Senegal from
12TH-15TH OCT 2008.
In our request to invite people from various countries around the world,
If you are interested to participate and want to represent your country,
you may contact the secretariat of the organizing committee for details and information.
I believe that we may have the opportunity to meet if you may be willing to participate in
this event.
You can also inform youths & NGOs in your country about these conferences.
The benevolent donors of the Organizing Committee will provide round trip air tickets
and accommodation for the period of participants Stay in the U.S.A,
to all registered participants. All Delegates and Participants will be responsible only for
their hotel Booking where the second phase of the Conference will be held in Dakar Senegal
If you are a holder of an international passport that may require visa to
enter the United States you may inform the conference secretariat at the time of
registration, as the organizing committee is responsible for all visa arrangements
and travel assistances. Below is the contact address of the conference secretariat:
By +1 (206) 888-4105 OR
by Fax +1 (712)-(403-4963)
emails:
globalrevolution@newyork.usa.com
OR
globalchanga@africamail.com

Thanks
Yours Sincerely,
Madam Williams Beauty,
GCWO Secretary General

Thanks for your active responses

This post was edited on: 2008-09-24 at 10:50 AM by: Olowotee

Member Profile Olowotee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
LauraK

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 34
City: Toronto
Oct 1, 2008

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Olowoyeye. This same fake event that you received a TIG message from, has also been e-mailing to personal e-mail addresses, I received one earlier this week. The fake event also goes under the name of (WORLD YOUTH ORGANIZATION FOR HUMAN
WELFARE) in some messages.

Member Profile laurakenyon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hafiidhaturrahmah

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Oct 4, 2008

i hate this things...why that people sooo cruel to cheat youth....!!!!

keep SPIRIT guys....

^_^

Member Profile Avis PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
chybuz

Gender & Age: Male, 36
Oct 4, 2008

I appreciate what you guys have said to me but itz for the good of TIG.
I really get upset when i recieve such messages from aclaimed TIG members.
I think its high time we unravel those culprits that are trying to tarnish the image of this great organisation.

I believe ,if TIG executives wanna put a stop to these nonsense, they have to stop allowing members to post events directly on this site. And also hide every members email address .
If you have to post any event advert, it should go thru TIG executive for proper screening. Be it any part of the world .Before posted on this site , In other to save other members from being duped by those 419er's.

chybuz

Gender & Age: Male, 36
Oct 4, 2008

Please if you have any thing to add to this Kindly do so ,so as for we members to help TIG and our selves get rid of those thieves.

« BACK TO FORUM