TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
May 16, 2008

Recently the governor of California in United state of American raised an issue about the same sex marriage in the state. The affected people took the case to court. Asking for their right to marry whom they want to get married with. This is a very big issue in our society today. God’s own plan is for man and woman to live together as husband and wife not the other way around.
Do you think the same sex marriage is right? Please I need your contribution concerning this pressing issue. Thank you.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile kengee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
a

Province/State: Birmingham
City: Birmingham
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
May 16, 2008

''God’s own plan is for man and woman to live together as husband and wife not the other way around.''
I agree with you!

Member Profile shorty667 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

May 17, 2008

Wow that is a very impressive and interesting comment you just made.
Tell me , don't you have a plan to make babies on your own? if every one is getting marred to thesame sex how will you come out into this world? You are taking with a full mind. Tell me more about your self?

Shweta

Gender & Age: Female, 37
Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
May 18, 2008

I think it is important to understand what marriage means to each of us? And what is our understanding about rights of Gays and lesbians?

our reponses in this discussion are likely to be guided by our beliefs about above two questions.

I think marriage is much more than producing children. It is also about companionship and thats an important need.

I think that gays and lesbians are entitled to equal rights. Yes, people do continue to debate about this. But I wonder who are we to come in the way of others' rights when it does not harm them?

Member Profile Shweta-sj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

May 19, 2008

Wow this is fantastic, is fascinating and educative. Can I say you are talking with experience or you are so interested about this issue? So you want to tell me that, there is nothing wrong in gay practices? In as much as they are not welcome in our society.
People see them as abnormal human beings. Like my country they are outcast.

Shweta

Gender & Age: Female, 37
Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
May 20, 2008

I think when we start thinking in terms of "rights" instead of morals, we also start acknowledging rights of others...apart from our own. Those among us, who do not like prejudices and stigma being attached with people, do go through this cross questioning, where then we do take stand based on "rights" of the other.

Even when rights are violated and not ensured, it still means that people are entitled to those rights. Right do not stop existing even when violated.

Member Profile Shweta-sj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sarah Cheikh

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 38
Jun 3, 2008

I think it is very easy to decide what "they" should or shouldn't be allowed to do as long as the "they" are not us or people we know. You can put any group of people into the "they" space and it will be the same. (Christians, Muslims, Jews, Gay, Lesbian, etc.) My sister is a lesbian and I accept that it would be much easier to ban her right to marry if I didn't know her.

If we are talking about marriage strickly as a tool for procreation than we should pass laws that require every person to be genetically tested before marriage. There are many people who marry and later find out that they can't have children. We wouldn't want them using up their partner who could be having children with another "able bodied" person now would we?

They deserve equal rights and treatment. We are not the final judge and if indeed there is something wrong with their lifestyle then there is a higher calling for them to answer to, not you or I.

Member Profile slcinva PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
davyk

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Harare
City: Harare
Jun 6, 2008

the thing is not about "rights" but what was the intation of GOD when He instituted marriage i the first place? People should not be allowed to sin in the name of "rights"

According to the intention of GOD marriage is between a man and a woman.So according to my convictions,beliefs it is WRONG for a man to marry a man or woman marring a woman!

Member Profile dkaiyo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
*ViCtoria

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Lima
City: Lima
Jun 6, 2008

I am a strong supporter of homosexual rights in all the spheres of society, whether it is civil marriage, adoption, etc. To everyone who is not that keen to same sex marriages, could you please give the reasons why you think it is "wrong", leaving all religious arguments behind?

Thank you smile.

Member Profile lapikiorejuda PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Jun 9, 2008

Why should you have to get married with thesame sex gender in the first place? To me is abnormal. If every body is getting married with thesame gender. Tell me how do u going to come out in this planet? Is acceptable for man and a woman to live as husband and wife not the other way round. I do not support thesame sex marriage.

Rahimzai

Province/State: Lowgar
City: Gomaran
Jun 10, 2008

jalbert wrote:

I disagree with you, I really disagree with you big time.
I think all people should have rights and freedom to whom they wanna married or be with....

See? this is the thing....people think that gay and lesbians just make choice to be with same sex?
NO HELL NO !!!

That feelings comes bloody naturally.......even when your small, going through puberty phase.....it develops from then onwards...even before you were born....the hormones already says so.....

Yet people still blames that such practices are wrong? why?..

I don't see it as an issues but the people who discriminates and stigmatize these types of practices sees it as an issue? very interesting,,,,does the bibles says loves your enemy?.......the bible also says...whether black or white, tall, short, fat and thin, god still loves you no matter who you are, where you come from, what you do. ??? Correct ?

See in the south pacific? it is a normal practices even before the Christianity comes....and yet people still thinks it is sooo wrong to do that.....why? even before Christianity, its a normal practices for the people.....its part of the custom and traditional practices of life........

I am quiet sad on how Christianity changes the ways of life's......mentality of people....the impact on these changes are both positive and also negative......and makes it really interesting when you take some times to really think it through carefully......

See people who finds such practices as an issue, do you sometimes put yourself into an homosexual person's shoes and look into your own brain?.........I don't think so...aye?
See when we are educated...we though thats the way we do it but I think we should also take time to really look at what sort of informations we absorb daily into our lifes and minds that affects our normal ways of thinking towards the things arounds us.

Also " ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU'RE POINTING YOUR INDEX FINGER TOWARDS SOMEONE? FOUR OF THE OTHER FINGERS ARE BEND POINTING BACK ON YOU"

This is not about your bloody naturally choice....it is about the society..it is about the system that are living with. You are talking Parallel. two paralllel lines never get close while two non parallel do get close to each other.

Member Profile Payab PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
EL-TAWE

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Sud-Ouest
City: Kumba
Re: THE SAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Jun 10, 2008

It is completely out of place.God instituted marriage for a purpose.Lets keep this aside what would have become of mans existence if each and every one had decided to embark on such a perilous adventure.

We should all stand up and say NO to such a sacrilege. In Cameroon homosexuality is an offense punishable with heavy jail terms.

It's no doubt Jesus said that the end times would be characterized by sinful desires worser than those of Sodom and Gomorrah.

We need to pray without ceasing.May God help us confused

Member Profile tawe PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Annpreet M

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Jun 11, 2008

[quote]''God’s own plan is for man and woman to live together as husband and wife not the other way around.''

I completly disagree with this statement.
If it was all god's plan we would not be living the way we live. In many religions.. you can't smoke...do drugs.. drink alcohol..dress certain ways.. and yet millions to billions people around the world still do so. They do not say god said this or god said that.

BUT all of a sudden when two people are in love from the same sex, it become a big issue. WHY? We can accept people dressing in ways that religion would not allow, but when two people are in love society has to make such a big deal about it. If it is someones wish to love someone of the same sex, so let them be, who are we to judge them. if those people who disagree with same sex marriages, and are god fearing people, than they will let homosexuals be, and leave it in gods hands.

Also when some is attracted to someone of the same sex it is something natural, it is not something that happend to them one morning when they woke up. God has given us the right to chose who we love and who we are attracted to, if someone is in love with the same sex, than it was meant to be, and NO ONE has no right telling them that it is wrong.

Member Profile Annpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rahimzai

Province/State: Lowgar
City: Gomaran
Jun 12, 2008

Annpreet wrote:

[quote]''God’s own plan is for man and woman to live together as husband and wife not the other way around.''
"God has given us the right to chose who we love and who we are attracted to, if someone is in love with the same sex, than it was meant to be, and NO ONE has no right telling them that it is wrong.

Please Confirm your Statement with a Source. ""How come God has given us the right to choose who we love and who we are attracted to ?""

In Such Issues the religion plays the best role, to prevent people from misleeding the society to the bad acts and forms.

Member Profile Payab PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Jun 14, 2008

Sure i knew what U are saying. To me im not against people with thesame Sex loving each other. This is a genetic or chromosome problem that is above human undestanding. They didn't start it one day. The gene is inside of them. They came out with the gene and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Medically gene can't be changed. But i am against marrying each other. I'm not in support of gay marriage. Is out of my dictionary.

« BACK TO FORUM