TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Mar 31, 2009

Re: Omar's post
"men and women were made so that they are compatible and can love each other. " If you mean physically compatible, I put forth that that shouldn't be a major issue. Let me make the example of a woman falling in love with a man who, due to a birth defect, cannot produce children. Is it wrong for them to love one another, marry, and perhaps start a family through adoption or surrogacy. If it is not wrong for them to marry when they cannot produce children, it is incorrect to use the same argument to argue against same sex couples marrying. If you mean physically compatible as in 'the parts fit the way they should', then I'll make another example of a man falling in love with a woman who has had surgery. Because of being brutally sexually assaulted repeatedly at a young age, this woman has had surgery which prevents her from being sexually active with the man who loves her (she may not want to anyways due to be traumatized). Is it wrong for them to marry?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile unstr8k8 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Katie CS

Mar 31, 2009

Re: Omar's post (Part #2)

"Homosexual relationships serve no purpose whatsoever save to fulfill their lust and do not benefit the society in any way." Do you have any proof to illustrate that same sex relationships are any more lustful than heterosexual relationships? I am friends with many same sex couples and none of them are any more 'lustful' than any of the heterosexual couples i know. As for benefiting society, I have gay and straight friends who volunteer in their spare time, raise a family, stand up for social change, vote on a regular basis, donate to worthy causes, and are benfitual to society in tons of other ways. If the benefit you are specifically mentioning is in fact starting a family I have two statements to make. One, same sex couples are fully capable of starting a family through over a dozen different options which I am happy to explain. And two, one might point out that starting a family is arguably less benefitual then you might think in a world suffering from over population.

"Homosexual relationships usually tear apart the family they are in, most parents don't want their kids to be gay and it really saddens and frustrates them." Correction, the homophobic reactions of family members to a homosexual loved one is what 'tears' them apart. Families that react supportively and lovingly to loved ones who come out, continue loving and living together. I wonder how you might react if your future child comes out as gay? Would you actually blame your own son or daughter for 'tearing' your family apart? I could never do that to my own child or any child for that matter!

Katie CS

Mar 31, 2009

Re: Omar's Post (part #3)

"homosexuals have nothing to contribute to society, they can't have children with each other, and so are nothing but a negative impact on society" I believe I've covered this argument already.

"few want to walk along pleasantly and then see two homosexuals kissing, it is off putting." This argument reminds me of a similar argument made by people fighting against the freeing of slaves during the abolition of slavery. They claimed that slavery should continue because most people didn't want to walk around town among 'lesser people' and be forced to associate with them. The argument that the majority doesn't want to walk past homosexual couples kissing is not a valid argument. Just because it is the majority does not make it right!

I appreciate you being willing to have an open, honest discussion like this, I appreciate your bravery in doing so.

Chelsea Cagaoan

Gender & Age: Female, 25
Province/State: Hawaii
City: Honolulu
Apr 30, 2009

Wow, I had a debate with my mom over this earlier today.

I'm from a strong Catholic family, and my mom has strong ideas over this topic. She believes that homosexuals are "weird" to her and she doesn't approve of their lifestyle and how they live. She believes that since Adam and Eve (according to the Bible) were the first man and woman to live together, that's how marriage is supposed to be. In the Catholic Church, they believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. They believe it's sacred, and anything else is wrong. They believe that since a union between a man and a woman is sacred, same sex marriage will taint the image.

However, in my opinion, I don't think it is wrong for homosexuals to get married. In fact, I'm not even against them, because the truth is, we are all human beings. We are all equal. No one should be discriminated against just because they believe in a different thing or they act in a certain way. It's wrong, besides being just plain mean. If America is supposed to be the land of the free, and people aren't able to be free to marry their same sex, the idea of America being free is false.

Member Profile cndcagaoan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daniella Fanitsa Mickelson

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 26
May 1, 2009

Yes I agree Chelsea, I just do not understand why people have to be so mean, like seriously it is their lives, not the people being prejudice or biased. Let them live their lives, happily.

Member Profile dmickelson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
timmah

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 22
Province/State: Connecticut
City: Branford
May 1, 2009

Well you should have the freedom to marry who ever you want. Yes in the bible it says its wrong but our laws dont go by the bible nor will they ever. as for same sex marriage well i dont see how it could be such a big deal anyways. Any-who i believe its right though i dont see how love could be right or wrong in the first place >.>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
i made you a kewkie but i eated it...

Member Profile kwakuneftw PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Arnold Schuff

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: New York
City: Carmel Hills
May 8, 2009

Adam and Eve NOT Adam and STEVE

Member Profile ArnoldSchuff PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Marc

Gender & Age: Male, 26
May 8, 2009

Adam and Eve not ADAM AND STEVE!

Everyone is soon going to turn all gay and human reproduction will slowly come to an end due to homosexual activity. God did not make us to marry the same sex and so on. It is un-human and un-natural. I am proud to call myself a straight and therefore natural human being.

Member Profile mafro90 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Prince Charles Jiduwah

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
May 10, 2009

jalbert wrote:

I disagree with you, I really disagree with you big time.
I think all people should have rights and freedom to whom they wanna married or be with....

"

Are you trying to say that if a man choose to marry a Goat (Animal) he should allowed to do that because HE HAS THE RIGHT to marry as he pleases?

As much as i dont like talking about these things am sure to say that be it Christainity or religion.......Moralilty told us that it is wrong just as it is wrong for a human being to eat another human being all in the name of eating MEAT.

This post was edited on: 2009-05-10 at 12:16 PM by: kashboy

Member Profile kashboy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
NATHALIE

Gender & Age: Female, 35
Province/State: Mont-Liban
City: Chouaïfète
Re: THE SAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
May 13, 2009

It isn't the issue that same sex marriage is right or wrong. The problem is that our society always judge people about the way they and wear. So, as two peope of the opposite sex get married they have the right too. Cause it is impossibe that they feel something to the opposite sex and they have the right to be happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Best Regards,
T. S

Member Profile taline78 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
KrisMarie

City: Toronto
May 13, 2009

Personally I think it is your choice. If you are in love with someone of the same sex, then you should marry them. As long as you are happy, it should not matter what your sexual orientation is and you family and friends should support your choice.

Member Profile kristenmariek PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ca

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Province/State: Veneto
City: Padova
May 13, 2009

Chelsea
Well said

Prince Charles Kash Jiduwah
We are talking about humans, and not animals!!! You can’t compare a marriage between a human being and an animal with the marriage of two men/women

The catholic church is against the same sex marriage because after the bible it's wrong...
but doesn't talk the bible also about
- loving the next more than myself
- respect other people
- and so on

so or u just pick sentences out, which u like, or u respect the whole context

Member Profile carmen89sto PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Prince Charles Jiduwah

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
May 13, 2009

carmen89sto wrote:

Chelsea
Well said

Prince Charles Kash Jiduwah
We are talking about humans, and not animals!!! You can’t compare a marriage between a human being and an animal with the marriage of two men/women

The catholic church is against the same sex marriage because after the bible it's wrong...
but doesn't talk the bible also about
- loving the next more than myself
- respect other people
- and so on

so or u just pick sentences out, which u like, or u respect the whole context

Kristen

i am very sure you are too young to comment on issue like this, no offence but i think that some matters are better left for over 18yrs Adults to deal with.

Ca

I totally agree we are not talking about animals as in goat and dog, but animals called man. However i don't like commenting on issues like this, that does not mean i will for one minute try to reason with anyone supporting same sex marriage. Let me state here that its not about church or bible or Islam or any other faith, morality teaches that sex and marriage is reserved strictly between MAN & WOMAN anything outside that can be compared to goat and man.

This is my stand. Thank you
Truly Inspired to change

Member Profile kashboy PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ca

May 19, 2009

for me morality means

to respect other people

to tolerate them

to the accept their way of live especially when it is diffrent.

Ca

May 19, 2009

for me morality means

to respect other people

to tolerate them

to the accept their way of live especially when it is diffrent.

« BACK TO FORUM