TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Oct 3, 2008

I feel so sad how christianity came in the olden days and destroys my grand parents beleive and says the religouse way is the truth, Sooo sad they had to leave them and belive a foreign belive thats comes from a part of the middle east somwhere and a whole new way of life because that was what it has been told to them to do...
One of their practises is when a young boy is growing up within the age of 15 - 20 he is to have a private time with an older guys and that part of our customs an traditions.even before christianity, they were already practising it........I dont know whay they had to let go.but a number of us are still holding on to stories and beleive though such practises are no longer happening, ........we are proud, its part of our identity and im proud of it........I wish if it was still the same.......look at the way Buddism beleives, they are so neutral and simple religions and doesn't have such judgemental beleive as christians do?...besides do i know how christianity starts, so much scientific difference to what the bibles says....
I dont know but Im quiet confuse big time.....Some of you christins reading this must be like, this boy is one truely satan child....thanks but I'm a christian also....however i can't cope with the beleive......too much pressure and scary shit........for me to follow....sad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hafiidhaturrahmah

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Oct 4, 2008

Everyone have rights to choose with who they will merried.
But...Country have a rule also about this

For country who make same marriage as legal law...just do it.
BUt dont ever do it in country who disagree.

According to me, I still respect humanity to understand the meaningfull of marriage.
When we married, it means we want to continue our generation by taking our OWN BABIES.

Just it

^_^

Member Profile Avis PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
Oct 6, 2008

Sure I agree with U in some extent marriage is for reproducing and when thesame sex start getting married, there will be no more reprodction and which is the utimate while people are getting married. I think we should discourage thesame sex marriage in our soecity.

Member Profile kengee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Alex Beshouri

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Oct 21, 2008

I really dont believe any of you have the right to decide if two people should be married regardless of their sexual orientation. It is now scientifically proved that homosexuals are born with key differences in their brain than that of heterosexuals. Will it truly harm your happiness to allow homosexuals to be married? what if someone told you that you were not allowed to marry your wife?

Member Profile a1beshouri PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Oct 22, 2008

We are not saying we have the right to decide to people who to marry. We have to be realistic about this issue. Let tell our self the truth. Is not the right decission to make thesame sex marriage irrspective of them loving each other. I respect their sexual orientation so much and im not against it but im kicking against marriage.

BELIEVE AFRICA COMMUNITY

Province/State: Noord-Holland
City: Amsterdam
Oct 29, 2008

Before God, it’s forbidden to marry the same sex; therefore it’s wrong.

Member Profile believeafrica PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Precious Aigbiremhon

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 34
Oct 30, 2008

yes there is a greater authority to whom judgement belongs but i want you to understand that with your opinion and advise you can make corrections to a life. let me ask you... you said your sister is a lesbian but how have you being able to inculcate in her the judgement of God concerning what she is doing? God's plan for a man is to find a Good woman for marriage. remember out of the man God took out a rib to form the woman to comfort the man. if a man then decide to marry a man , have he found his missing rib? I am totally against same sex marriage.

Member Profile preciyouth PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Oct 31, 2008

Thank you so much. Thesame sex marriage is inhuman and should be discouraged.

Mariah Jones

Province/State: Colorado
City: Denver
Jan 9, 2009

I believe everyone has the right to marriage no matter their sexual orientation.It is really no one's business if other people get married. People should be focused on their own relationships rather than worrying about other people's affairs.

Member Profile mcjones PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mørk Morgen

Province/State: Michigan
City: Kalamazoo
Jan 10, 2009

[/quote]“Same sex marriage is both right and wrong and it will always be this way until eternity reaches mortality.”

Religion, god and anything that follows the line is a metaphorical representation created by man himself in what the righteous man ought to do and how one should be. Morals and ethics and freedom are all creations by man, manipulated, fabricated and constructed for governance, order and progress.

Religion and the religious scriptures that have existed thus far have been interpreted by man at the different facets of life and the different phases of existence to suit their needs being rewritten and re-interpreted in ways that pleases man the most.

Everyone in this world has their own opinion, some are right and some are wrong with every thought guided by a force much stronger than their belief and no man if a believer in god should be a judge of what a man should or shouldn't do. How a man should or shouldn’t be.

I personally don't believe in god but what a homosexual is doesn't change them for the person they are or the person they can and aspire to be. Homosexuality is neither an identity nor a choice. It’s a matter of feelings and relationships.

The society collectively determines what is right and what is wrong and we are the people who make up this society. Every single group, pocket of people, family, friend circle, peer, colleagues represent an entirely different section of society. A society that has been changing with time, in what the norms and beliefs are supposed to be, and who constructs them. A society that changes to along with the needs and wants of the people that make the society what it is. Nobody in this world is any different or similar as a person of good morals, ethics, values and culture than the person besides them, homosexual or straight.

I personally think same sex marriages is a right and a freedom a human being needs to have, a freedom of choice which has been and always will be amended and manipulated to suit the needs of the man/woman in power, and the people who give them this power.

[quote]“A made up mind can’t be changed, but one that opens up to knowledge, acceptance and ideas, has the ability to learn and revolutionize.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Manish K. Goyal

Member Profile manishkgoyal PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
AndyJ

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Western Australia
City: Perth
Jan 12, 2009

I seen throughout these posts a lot of quotations from the bible and the word of the lord, i find this very contradictory.

I believe also cited in the bible that everyone should be treated as an individual... everyone deserves to have their own individuality no matter what gender, color, weight, status, sexuality.

If these people follow the bible would you follow this quote from the bible.

Ephesians 5:22-24
"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

just a thought on the matter?

and on the note, no i'm not chauvinist, i believe in equality for all... im in a moral dilemma because i find so many contradictory readings within the bible.....

Member Profile AndyJ PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Stephanie McNab

Re: THE SAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Feb 2, 2009

There are stories in the bible that show that certain acts of homosexuality are acts of sin. I'm talking about acts such as one night stands or brief affairs. However, there is nothing contradicting the love between two individuals of the same sex who are in a long-term, committed relationship. Stories in the bible show that homosexuality is a sin in much the same way that casual sex is. Now, if a gay couple are in love, and bring out the best in each other, how can it be wrong? And why do others feel such a need to deny any homosexual couple the right to live the way heterosexual couples do? We have no right to deny the happiness of others. Live your life the way you feel you are to live it. And don't judge others when they do the same thing.

And that's my view smile

Member Profile peytonsawyer737 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daniella Fanitsa Mickelson

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Feb 9, 2009

I believe god intended for a man and woman to be married , but I also believe if someone truly loves somebody of the same sex, they should have the right to marry whomever they choose, because it is also free will and freedom of speech, and it is not our life to act upon on, its theirs. I believe everyone deserves the right to express love and freedom, and you are only free is you are openly allowed to express your love, no matter who you love.

Everyone is also is able to express their own biased, but that is what I believe.

Member Profile dmickelson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ladeeyoutrageous_eastview

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
no .l RIGHT OR WRONG?
Feb 9, 2009

everone id what are so do say notinn ,

Member Profile LadeyOutrageous PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daniella Fanitsa Mickelson

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Feb 11, 2009

Hi, sorry I don't understand what you said, can you please explain it to me?

Member Profile dmickelson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM