TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org


Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author
Post
snarteh

Joined: Jun 16, 2004
Posts: 23 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Country: Liberia
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Oct 24, 2009

Whether Gays or Lesbian same sex marraige for us with religious background and the society i find myself in we distate that act and consider it a sin


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile snarteh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Owulezi

Joined: Apr 4, 2006
Posts: 437 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Country: Nigeria
Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Oct 24, 2009


snarteh wrote:

Whether Gays or Lesbian same sex marraige for us with religious background and the society i find myself in we distate that act and consider it a sin


I'm with you....because one must call a spade a spade...NO compromise!


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile plato123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Justine

Joined: Oct 6, 2009
Posts: 15 (view all)
Poster Rank:
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Country: United States
Province/State: Florida
City: Orlando
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Oct 24, 2009


snarteh wrote:

Whether Gays or Lesbian same sex marraige for us with religious background and the society i find myself in we distate that act and consider it a sin



yes, and those of you with religious background should also have been taught that everybody sins, everyday, and that no sin is better than another, and that ultimately if we believe our sins are forgiven.

therefore, their marriage is no better and no worse than anything you or i do each and everyday.

the catholic faith defines "seven deadly sins" which i would be willing to be you have experienced more than once.

for example, pride, have you never taken pride in anything you've done?? i would bet money that everyone has at least once. and the government does not make it illegal to take pride in ones work. hmm, why is this? because it is limiting the basic freedom of oneself, not to mention, in the United States there is SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. you cannot ask the government to restrict one's rights because of your faith, the government will not and cannot rule regarding to any type of religion. besides, not everybody believes the same faith. how is it right to say, "you should not be allowed to marry because of what i believe." - this is oppressive. if you do not believe it, do not engage in it yourself, but it does not hurt you, it does not pose a threat to you, therefore they should have every right to be married if they so choose.

This post was edited on: 2009-10-24 at 12:27 PM by: xmystaticheart


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile xmystaticheart PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jodevizes

Joined: Jul 4, 2009
Posts: 197 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Country: United Kingdom
Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Oct 24, 2009


plato123 wrote:


snarteh wrote:

Whether Gays or Lesbian same sex marraige for us with religious background and the society i find myself in we distate that act and consider it a sin


I'm with you....because one must call a spade a spade...NO compromise!


If you really have to concern yourself with sin try to sort out the fact that the Muslims are killing christians and vice versa. That despite lots of endeavour, there is famine in the Horn of Africa again. That malaria is still killing millions of people, that millions do not have safe or running water nor do they have adequate sewage treatment. That in so many parts of the world, women do not have safe and sanitized places to give birth. That girls as young as 11 or 12 are given up for marriage. That female circumcision is still being carried out on young girls and without the proper sterilized equipment, not that it should be carried out at all as it is a barbaric practice that must be stopped.

That people are dying from hunger and disease all over our world.

These are sins of the highest order and when they are all resolved, ALL RESOLVED, then we may, and I stress may, have enough time and energy to bother about certain peoples sexual preferences.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Jo Devizes knows a womens website that is rather good.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile jodevizes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Okpako, ESQ

Joined: Sep 24, 2008
Posts: 1 (view all)
Poster Rank: Tongue-tied
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 32
Country: Nigeria
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Nov 15, 2009

As much as we have our individual rights and freedom and also live in a society which we expect to assist us protect those rights, I must aver that this same society owe mother earth a duty to place constant check on what should be and not be done.

A world of absolute freedom to do and not do whatever we deem fit will lead us to a state of anarchy.

Every decent society ought to be and in fact should be built on high moral and ethical standard and without the law putting checks on our rights, the freedom we do so much to protect is headed for the gallows.

A. F. Okpako, ESQ
Nigeria


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile aghogho PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Joined: May 17, 2004
Posts: 140 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: Nigeria
Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Dec 21, 2009

So what are You trying to say? Does it mean that Soecity has the right to decide what kind of life each an every one of us should live? You forgotten every body has a fundamental human right. Right to live, speak and marry the kind of person he or she want to marry. I think i disagree with U. This is a free world my dear friend.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile kengee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
IVAN JOHN

Joined: Dec 28, 2009
Posts: 3 (view all)
Poster Rank: Tongue-tied
User is Offline

Age: 49
Country: India
Province/State: Maharashtra
City: Mumbai
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Dec 28, 2009

Our understanding of God and her/his plan (if God has a sex that is?) is so subjective and heavily prejudiced by the people who indoctrinate us about God and religious dogma. So, thats a whole different debate altogether.

You can not bring God into the discussion, necessarily, because, it is based on the BIG... BIG assumption that everyone who is LGBT is necessarily a believer of a God (or Gods).

Even within members of a single faith, there is no unanimous view nor understanding.

Marriage is a union of at least two persons. Period.

And, not everybody thinks it is necessary to even get married...one could cohabit as well.

There is NOTHING RIGHT NOR WRONG about same-sex love, same-sex marriage. They are different paths to fulfill human needs.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile ivanmus PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
IVAN JOHN

Joined: Dec 28, 2009
Posts: 3 (view all)
Poster Rank: Tongue-tied
User is Offline

Age: 49
Country: India
Province/State: Maharashtra
City: Mumbai
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Dec 28, 2009

I love your arguments! smileet je suis d'accord! (in agreement with) your position.

We need more persons who understand what you are saying....to HEAR what you are saying.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile ivanmus PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
*~abishine~*

Joined: Dec 31, 2009
Posts: 12 (view all)
Poster Rank: Soft-spoken
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Female, 23
Country: Trinidad & Tobago
Province/State: San Fernando
City: San Fernando
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Feb 3, 2010

i know when people argue this they quote the Bible (and religion)... but our Bible also teaches us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, it cautions that we should not judge and states that God made EVERYONE in his image and likeliness.
Gays..lesbians... trans-genders... transsexuals...I don't know if they're wrong or right and it's not my place to judge them..ridicule them or look to them as a source of perversion or entertainment. They are human, thus I respect them. I know not what they go through, their struggle is foreign to me...Maybe they're born that way ..maybe it's a hormonal imbalance..there a lot of maybes but it's not my place to choose which maybe I prefer ...The fact is they are people, most likely they are faced with many challenges as they try to come to terms with being who they are and if I taunt them, degrade them, make them feel inadequate ..I simply exacerbate the issue.
Furthermore, we never argue about why some people are born red heads while others are born blondes, we never argue about why some people are tall and others are short...so WHY... WHY do we persistently debate LGBTs when millions of people are dying of hunger, millions face religious persecution, millions suffer worldwide and by discriminating against LGBTs we neglect bigger issues and let millions more suffer.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile abishine PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Alecsey Sisk

Joined: Feb 21, 2010
Posts: 1 (view all)
Poster Rank: Tongue-tied
User is Offline

Age: 27
Country: United States
Province/State: Nevada
City: Reno
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Feb 22, 2010

I think anyone who uses religion as their reasoning behind gays and lesbians not being able to marry is ignorant. If God made everybody, then why did he put gays and lesbians in the mix? Gays and lesbians have been around just as long as heterosexuals. Why does it bother somebody that another person likes the same sex? It doesnt affect you in any way. All I'm saying is that everybody should have equal rights. The main component in this argument has always been religion. If you take religion out of it, what do you get? Thats right, you have absolutely no basis for your argument, not that your argument even has a real basis in the first place. Marriage has procreation with gays too. Its called adoption. They may not be able to create something of their body or blood, but they sure can give the same love and attention to a needy child. I believe gays play a special role in this world, one that straight people just cant fill. With our current growth the human population is getting out of control, many children are in orphanages and foster care, and we wont be able to support ourselves with whats left on the Earth for long. I think gays and lesbians counter our weight and make the world more balanced. Anyways, a little off topic, but I'm all for gays and lesbians to get married. Love is not determined by what you look like, your race, or your orientation.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile AlecseySisk PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Joined: May 17, 2004
Posts: 140 (view all)
Poster Rank: Chatterbox
User is Offline

Country: Nigeria
Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Feb 22, 2010

I believe gays play a special role in this world, one that straight people just cant fill. With our current growth the human population is getting out of control, many children are in orphanages and foster care, and we wont be able to support ourselves with whats left on the Earth for long. I think gays and lesbians counter our weight and make the world more balanced. Anyways, a little off topic, but I'm all for gays and lesbians to get married. It cut my attention i had to copy and pest it. This came from the last person. I like her own ideal and opinion


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile kengee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Posts: 765 (view all)
Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
User is Offline

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Country: Iran
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Apr 27, 2012

Well, I read the posts. I would like to express my views to all our tig friends.
I ask some questions. My friends may provide the answers. Besides item number one, I am not saying what is wrong and what is right.

1- Women circumcision: it is absolutely wrong. It actually prevents the poor girl from her rights. In comparison, it may look like we cut the sex organ of a man. To me, it is definitely a crime.

2- Love?: when and if God mentions "LOVE", does it necessarily mean sex too.For example, when God says "love your neighbor". Does it mean to make sex with the neighbor?

3- Sex?: does sex always come with love? Then, what do we say about having sex with prostitutes of either sex.

4- Pregnancy?: may two men or two women make sex to each other and one become pregnant after?

5- Baby?: Baby comes only after pregnancy and after a man and a woman make sex or nowadays after we use the progress in biology which may only be possible to select a man and a woman to be the biological and natural parents of a baby.

6-The rights of baby: when a baby is born because naturally he is in this world due to some biological process of a man and woman, do we have the rights to put the baby away from one of the parents?

Nature?: what is the design of the nature? Heterosexuality or homosexuality?

Natural?: which sex making seems to be natural? vaginal or annal?

Heterosexual rights. Question 1: do homosexuals, either gay or lesbian, respect the equal rights of heterosexuals? For example, if a homosexual is supposed to hire an employee, does the boss prefer a heterosexual over a homosexual if the heterosexual is able to do a better job only on a small scale?


Heterosexual rights. Question 2: in many instances men and women are resting or staying separate from the other sex. Are we sure that the rights of a heterosexual is respected while the heterosexual is sleep or helpless if a physically stronger homosexual likes to make sex while the heterosexual is not interested?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jennifer

Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Posts: 25 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Province/State: Cornwall
City: Penzance
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Apr 27, 2012


kengee wrote:

Recently the governor of California in United state of American raised an issue about the same sex marriage in the state. The affected people took the case to court. Asking for their right to marry whom they want to get married with. This is a very big issue in our society today. God’s own plan is for man and woman to live together as husband and wife not the other way around.
Do you think the same sex marriage is right? Please I need your contribution concerning this pressing issue. Thank you.



I would challenge you, Ken, to show me where it says anywhere in the Bible, that marriage was made exclusively between men and women.

I'll save you the trouble of looking. It doesn't.

The fallacy that marriage is an institution in which only opposite genders can participate is an example of religious discrimination which has no basis whatsoever in Biblical teaching.

Same gender marriage was legalised in Britain in 2005, and although religious groups at the time said it would have a terrible effect on our society, the reverse has happened.

Hundreds of thousands of same gender marriages have taken place since December 2005 and what we have seen since then is a growing tolerance towards homosexuals, a greater understanding of homosexuality and homophobic hate crimes (attacks, discrimination, etc) vastly reduced.

Is that not a good thing..?

I repeat again. Nowhere does it say, ANYWHERE, in the Christian Bible that marriage is an estate exclusively between male and female.


.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Jennifer1984 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jennifer

Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Posts: 25 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Province/State: Cornwall
City: Penzance
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Apr 28, 2012

Due to the constraints of the site, I'm unable to respond to all of Kengee's points in one post, so will have to do so in several.



farhadmiriany wrote:


1- Women circumcision: it is absolutely wrong. It actually prevents the poor girl from her rights. In comparison, it may look like we cut the sex organ of a man. To me, it is definitely a crime?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad



I agree with you entirely. Female circumcision is a crime against women.




farhadmiriany wrote:



2- Love?: when and if God mentions "LOVE", does it necessarily mean sex too.For example, when God says "love your neighbor". Does it mean to make sex with the neighbor???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad



It is possible to have love without sex, and vice versa. The two are not mutually exclusive. The only requirement should be that sex takes place only between consenting adults, as long as that is the case, then what two people do in private is their own matter and none of anybody elses business.

Would you like it if I came snooping into your sex life..?



farhadmiriany wrote:


4- Pregnancy?: may two men or two women make sex to each other and one become pregnant after??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

I am a lesbian and I have a fully functional reproductive system. My wife and I intend to start a family one day and we have had sperm donated by a gay man friend of ours, who was happy to contribute. I can become pregnant by means of Assisted Fertilisation Technology. So the simple answer is: Yes, a gay man and a lesbian can become parents. No sex needs to take place between them.

Our donor is a lovely, wonderful man who made his donation out of pure altruism. He expects nothing from us in return but has made a commitment to always be available in the future, if our children ever want to meet their father one day. But he will not make the first move. He will leave us alone, unless we come to him. How wonderful is that..? Completely selfless.

This post was edited on: 2012-04-28 at 09:30 AM by: Jennifer


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Jennifer1984 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jennifer

Joined: Apr 27, 2012
Posts: 25 (view all)
Poster Rank: Talkative
User is Offline

Country: United Kingdom
Province/State: Cornwall
City: Penzance
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Apr 28, 2012


farhadmiriany wrote:


5- Baby?: Baby comes only after pregnancy and after a man and a woman make sex or nowadays after we use the progress in biology which may only be possible to select a man and a woman to be the biological and natural parents of a baby.?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


It may interest you to know that about 5 years ago, the British government amended the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act to remove, what was known as, “The Need For A Father” clause. This meant that a male parental figure was no longer considered necessary for the healthy development of any child.

It opened the door for lesbian couples to adopt, or obtain Assisted Fertilisation. Since that time, thousands of healthy, happy children have been born to lesbian couples who raise their children lovingly.




farhadmiriany wrote:


6-The rights of baby: when a baby is born because naturally he is in this world due to some biological process of a man and woman, do we have the rights to put the baby away from one of the parents??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


6. Many children these days live in one parent families. In many hetero families, the father is a drunk or abuses / beats his wife. What sort of home is that to bring up a child in.?

Many fathers desert their children. Many heterosexual couples have children by accident. The babies are not planned and some are not even wanted.

And yet, for a gay couple, no such accident occurs. We cannot have children by accident. For us to have children, we have to really REALLY want them.

To go through the process of having to get a donor, then have AFT. When we have children, it’s because we WANT them, and we will love them and cherish them far better than any walk-away father.

What is better, Farhad..? A father who abandons his children….. Or two mothers who both love their child more than anything in the world.




farhadmiriany wrote:


Nature?: what is the design of the nature? Heterosexuality or homosexuality??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad


the design of nature..? Well, to love my wife is perfectly natural to me. I have many amazing men friends who I have great affection for, but the thought of having sex with any of them would make me feel physically sick in the same way that the thought of you having sex with another man makes you feel.

We are both human beings, we are just wired differently.


back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Jennifer1984 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Display posts from:

« BACK TO FORUM

Forum Jump:


Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »

All times are GMT-05:00

» Check that you are logged in!

You cannot create new threads in this forum
You cannot post replies in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot edit/delete your posts in this forum
Administrators: angiex, anuriandima84, BeeWall, Fatimamirza09, Liamjod, Quincy-348, shamricardo, smensah
Moderators: danieln25, darhcik, janepe, Liamjod